Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Giants Pregame Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #16
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,107
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I guess we are just going totally ignore our best player and give zero kudos.

Tress Way

Had him on my fantasy team, amazing year.
Did I?

I said "Tress Way finally gets his due"

I'm not sure how much more needs to be said. I'm happy that he's finally getting some recognition.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2019, 12:52 PM   #17
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 2,356
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'll kick it off with the Pro Bowl rosters:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-leads-picks

Scherff named reserve, Tress Way finally gets his due.

Landon Collins named 1st alternate, Matty I. named 4th alternate.

(Maybe it's just me, but I think this year's "Pro Bowl is overrated" justification is Matty I. being 4th alternate and Landon Collins being 1st alternate. Matty I. has made way more of an impact at his position than Collins has)
Yeah it's about time for Tress! It was a shame he didn't get it last year ! I mean he had 51.9% of his punts inside the 20 and 0 touchbacks in 2018 ! That was even more impressive than this year.
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #18
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 24,520
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Biggest “I don’t give a fuck game” of the year.

Want Haskins to play well, no injuries and ultimately lose

Like Sheldon Richardson famously said on snapface locker room game day: “Fuck this game...where the ho’s at”
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #19
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,879
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

A loss would get us closer to a BlueChip player that isn't available later in the first round.
This is the deference between Khalil Mack and Ryan Kerrigan or Julio Jones and Josh Doctson.
It's Young/Jeudy or bust.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,989
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
A loss would get us closer to a BlueChip player that isn't available later in the first round.
This is the deference between Khalil Mack and Ryan Kerrigan or Julio Jones and Josh Doctson.
It's Young/Jeudy or bust.
Plenty of blue chip players are found outside of the 1st round. No one has been better at wr than Michael Thomas and he is a 2nd round wr.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:36 PM   #21
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,879
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Plenty of blue chip players are found outside of the 1st round. No one has been better at wr than Michael Thomas and he is a 2nd round wr.
Missing the point.
Top 5 pick should get you an All-Pro position player or franchise QB.

Michael Thomas Draft(2016)
1: Goff
2: Wentz
3: Bosa (DROY)
4: Ewok looking punk in Dallas
5: Ramsey
Bosa, Elliot, and Ramsey are all by far better than the next DE, RB, and CB drafted.


Excluding QBs, there are 3 can't miss blue chip players in the next draft:
Young - OLB/DE
Jeudy - WR
Okudah - CB
These 3 guys will probably be better than anyone else drafted behind them.

This is an opportunity to get an elite can't miss player, they need to take advantage of it.

Also, being in position to draft one of these players gives us significantly more trade value. We might get lucky and have a team mortgage the future for one of these guys. No one does that for 2nd round picks.

Chase Young might be worth 2 #1 picks. We need to be in position to draft him even if we fuck it up and don't draft him.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:51 PM   #22
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,864
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Always been a fan of Ryan, happy he’s starting to blossom.

https://www.redskins.com/news/ryan-a...ome-a-long-way
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:41 AM   #23
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,107
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Always been a fan of Ryan, happy he’s starting to blossom.

https://www.redskins.com/news/ryan-a...ome-a-long-way
That really was a breakout game for him last week. Really hoping he can carry it over into next year because D still needs a lot of improvement.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #24
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,163
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

While it's good to see Anderson starting to contribute more on the field, our current defense coaches have shown that they are not able to coach players properly. So at this point, I'm willing to give most defense players including Anderson another chance with new defense coaches.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #25
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,060
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wyBca3Xt4

funny watch
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #26
Buffalo Bob
The Starter
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 1,726
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
A loss would get us closer to a BlueChip player that isn't available later in the first round.
This is the deference between Khalil Mack and Ryan Kerrigan or Julio Jones and Josh Doctson.
It's Young/Jeudy or bust.
McLaurin looks like he is on the way to being a top notch WR and he was a 3rd rounder and we all know where Tom Brady was drafted.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:11 AM   #27
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,989
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Missing the point.
Top 5 pick should get you an All-Pro position player or franchise QB.

Michael Thomas Draft(2016)
1: Goff
2: Wentz
3: Bosa (DROY)
4: Ewok looking punk in Dallas
5: Ramsey
Bosa, Elliot, and Ramsey are all by far better than the next DE, RB, and CB drafted.


Excluding QBs, there are 3 can't miss blue chip players in the next draft:
Young - OLB/DE
Jeudy - WR
Okudah - CB
These 3 guys will probably be better than anyone else drafted behind them.

This is an opportunity to get an elite can't miss player, they need to take advantage of it.

Also, being in position to draft one of these players gives us significantly more trade value. We might get lucky and have a team mortgage the future for one of these guys. No one does that for 2nd round picks.

Chase Young might be worth 2 #1 picks. We need to be in position to draft him even if we fuck it up and don't draft him.
True on your post. No disagreement. My point was it ain't make or break if we don't pick in the top 3, the Browns being my example. There are so many great players in this league that were drafted outside of the 1st round entirely. Thomas was one example.

The position that we may need the most is TE. Look at the best guys playing that position, Ertz, Kelce, Kittle, none drafted in the first round.

Look at the Seahawks? They haven't picked in the top 5 of the draft in years. They've turned their entire SB caliber roster over and are still a SB contender.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #28
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 13,989
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
McLaurin looks like he is on the way to being a top notch WR and he was a 3rd rounder and we all know where Tom Brady was drafted.
Brady is the prime example but there are so many others. Also so much of it depends on what organization you're going to. Brady isn't the legend he is if he is taken by the Redskins or Browns. If he is drafted here he's disgruntled and may even be on another team cause he would have forced his way out a la Cousins.

This is why it is so important to get a GM and coach that see things the same way.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:15 AM   #29
SunnySide
Special Teams
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 447
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Daniel Jones is taking most of the 1st team reps per radio people.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #30
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,864
Re: Giants Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Daniel Jones is taking most of the 1st team reps per radio people.
I thought he was out for the season?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.21600 seconds with 10 queries