Is the End Near For Bruce Allen?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #121
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Is the End Near For Bruce Allen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
There were a lot of articles and news that the Texans had engaged the Redskins and offered a #1. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.......Then, 1-2 weeks later they make a huge trade for Tunsil which proves they WERE in fact looking for a LT. When taking all of this in, most would come to a very strong conclusion that the chances are extremely high the Texans kicked the tires on TW.

Regardless of what you believe, and regardless of what happened behind the scenes, this will look EXTREMELY bad for Bruce Allen if Trent doesn’t come back (after he’s been adamant that he will), and the they end up getting nothing when we all saw the haul Miami got. It will look even worse if Trent doesn’t come back, we get nothing for him, and the left side of the line is what ruins the season for us.

Bruce Allen has ran his mouth, has said he “knows the truth”, and continues to say Trent is coming back. Then we see what Miami got. He’s backed himself into a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link the articles saying the Texans offered us a 1. I haven’t seen them. If they’re reputable sources then I stand corrected. Not holding my breath.

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #122
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The only thing I have seen reports on were the rumors of Clowney/Williams trade nothing about a first. It is funny on this board very few people thought Williams would garner a first due to his age and recent injuries. Now? Anything less than a first is crazy talk
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #123
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Warthog you keep assuming you know what the Texans offered for Trent. But we don’t even know if the Texans offered anything for Trent. It’s a tremendous hole in your argument that renders all of your ranting entirely moot.

Do you think that Bruce Allen is going to admit that the Texans called, or offered any type of deal? All I’ve said is that the Texans called the Redskins, because that was reported in several newspapers and fan sites. I never said the Texans offered anything, because all the reports were that the Redskins immediate reply was that they didn’t want to talk to anyone about a trade.

My point, which you missed, was that Bruce Allen COULD have talked to the Texans. Not that he did, nor did I say they made any offer.

Furthermore, TW and Bruce Allen had a conversation this summer, according to BA. Neither Bruce Allen, nor Trent William will say what was discussed when they talked. But from the beginning, according to the news sources, BA has refused to talk to anyone about a trade.

Last week Bruce said TW was coming back to play for us. Through Deangelo Hall, TW AGAIN said he was never going to play for the Redskins. How many times does he have to say it?

If you want to believe that Bruce Allen is managing this crisis well, that’s your opinion. But the Texans did call the Redskins about TW and Bruce Allen at least could have listened to what they had to say. Later the Texans gave a huge and one-sided trade to Miami for a OT. We will never know if they offered or would have offered such a generous deal to the Redskins. But we missed a POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY first with the Patriots and now with the Texans. I’m not the only one who’s saying this, read the “Riggo’s Report” site, they also said BA missed a chance with the Texans, in an article written yesterday.

Believe what you want. I believe what Trent Williams is saying, not Bruce Allen. I’ve seen BA mismanage the Cousins situation , I saw the survey of agents and NFL players last year in USA Today, listing BA as the least trustworthy and least prepared GM in the NFL. I can’t figure out what his strategy is with TW is, except that he appears to be engaged in a lot of wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy.

The longer we wait, the less market value TW will have. If you believe that Bruce Allen has a good plan for Trent Williams, I hope you’re right.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #124
Warthog
The Starter

If anyone wants to see the opportunity Bruce Allen might have missed with the Texan’s as they sought an Offensive Tackle : here are a couple good articles on this subject:

Fan Site: Riggo’s Rag
2 days ago

Article: “Redskin’s Miss Opportunity in Wake of Texan’s Laremy Tunsill Trade”

Another article: “Redskins 5 Biggest Cut Day Surprises In Washington”
....see surprise #2

The Texans, as far as anyone knows, made NO OFFER to the Redskins in a trade for Trent Williams. Still, just talking to the Texan’s night wouldn’t have cost us anything.

Flyboy.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #125
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
If anyone wants to see the opportunity Bruce Allen might have missed with the Texan’s as they sought an Offensive Tackle : here are a couple good articles on this subject:

Fan Site: Riggo’s Rag
2 days ago

Article: “Redskin’s Miss Opportunity in Wake of Texan’s Laremy Tunsill Trade”

Another article: “Redskins 5 Biggest Cut Day Surprises In Washington”
....see surprise #2

The Texans, as far as anyone knows, made NO OFFER to the Redskins in a trade for Trent Williams. Still, just talking to the Texan’s night wouldn’t have cost us anything.

The Texans just got a player in Tunsil who:
- is young (only 25 years old)
- is still on a rookie deal
- was touted as a top 5 pick
- has a ton of potential

There is no way in HELL they would trade for Trent. As someone said before, Redskins fans keep forgetting about Trent's age and injury issues.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:47 PM   #126
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Texans just got a player in Tunsil who:

- is young (only 25 years old)

- is still on a rookie deal

- was touted as a top 5 pick

- has a ton of potential

There is no way in HELL they would trade for Trent. As someone said before, Redskins fans keep forgetting about Trent's age and injury issues.

Maybe. We’ll never know because Bruce told the Texan’s that Trent wasn’t going to be traded.

If Trent comes back in the next weeks, then Bruce Allen will look like a genius. If TW doesn’t come back this season then fans will be calling for BA’s head. The reports from the news yesterday was that Bruce really tried to talk Trent into coming back in the summer, even telling Trent that he would fire anyone on the Redskins medical staff that TW wanted the team to get rid of. This may explain why B. Allen is so sure that Trent will come back to play that. I guess we’ll find out in the next few weeks...

Flyboy.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:01 PM   #127
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Maybe. We’ll never know because Bruce told the Texan’s that Trent wasn’t going to be traded.

If Trent comes back in the next weeks, then Bruce Allen will look like a genius. If TW doesn’t come back this season then fans will be calling for BA’s head. The reports from the news yesterday was that Bruce really tried to talk Trent into coming back in the summer, even telling Trent that he would fire anyone on the Redskins medical staff that TW wanted the team to get rid of. This may explain why B. Allen is so sure that Trent will come back to play that. I guess we’ll find out in the next few weeks...

Most fans are already calling for his head, so it's not really going to change that.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #128
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Most fans are already calling for his head, so it's not really going to change that.

Agreed. I’m one of them. Bruce Allen is just Dan Snyder’s “yes man” and his football decision-making and knowledge are poor. If the Redskin’s have another lousy season and/or if Trent Williams doesn’t come back the public pressure to fire Bruce will be huge. That’s BA’s job - to take the pressure off Snyder for the poor performance of this once-proud franchise. I hope Bruce is fired, I don’t see how we can do worse than him.

Then maybe someone can convince Dan Snyder to hire a GM who actually knows about pro football. Doubtful!

Flyboy.

Old 09-10-2019, 03:11 AM   #129
Warthog
The Starter

Is the End Near For Bruce Allen?

My prediction is that Gruden will be the sacrificial lamb for this year’s 7-9 or 6-10 season. He will be fired at the end of the season.

I would be extremely surprised if BA is fired after the 2019 season. Remember, his job is to do what Snyder wants AND to absorb fan / media / NFL criticism about the Redskins and keep it away from Snyder. I think he has another 1-2 years of usefulness in that regard for Snyder before the owner has to bring in a new lackey.

Flyboy.

Last edited by Warthog; 09-10-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #130
Burgold
Special Teams

Bruce ain't going anywhere until he wants to,face it Snyder is so star struck he can't see anything.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #131
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I can't see how Bruce is in any danger. They could go 0-16 this year and i doubt very seriously Bruce would be fired.

As others have said; from people in the "know", to writers and just us casual fans, Bruce is here as long as he wants to be ,and we just have to live with it.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #132
irish
Playmaker

There is zero chance the end is near for Bruce.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:02 AM   #133
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Correct. The thread is kind of goofy altogether. Fans wish the end is near but thinking it is means you're incredibly out of touch with Snyder's thinking.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:26 AM   #134
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I don't know, I think if it goes south as in a 10 loss season and the Trent fiasco turns out bad it could be over.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #135
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Idk about that. Dan could be getting pressure from the other owners to make a move. Bruce is bad for business. He's Snyder's shield but at some point if the losses, PR embarrassments and empty seats becomes too.much to deal with I could see Dan getting rid of him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote