Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Springs or smoot?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #16
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

I like Bauman also, but he's pretty small. Tough guy though. I saw make a couple of good tackles last year.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-04-2004, 01:55 PM   #17
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Dont expect to see Shockey free lancing in the middle of the field like he usually does. Taylor will be eyeing him, and with a rookie Qb hes going to take advantage of his mistakes.

Joe made a comment about putting Taylor on the bigger receivers. That could end up being a smart move, since Taylor is pretty big for his position,and is very fast. But I think that would not be a wise move this year. He might physcially match up better, against say TO, but I think TO is good enough that he would take advantage of any rookie, even Taylor. Where Taylor will shine is being a ball hawk and reading the QB, then making adjustments. I see him being like Rod Woodson has been sincehe moved to safety, where he just always seems to know where the QB is passing, and gets a lot of picks that way.

When Harris comes back, we should have no problem shutting down multiple receiver sets. we couldnt do that last year, but Harris was a starter last year and shoudl dominate as a third corner. At times he wasnt good enough to cover the number one guy, but he wotn have the burden next year anyways.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:00 PM   #18
Big C
Mr. Brightside

harris has been a starter his entire career, i think he actually may have started every game hes played in his entire career, maybe not one or 2
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 04:05 PM   #19
BossHog

I like the idea of our corners being interchangeable. The only knock on Smoot is our he is undersized. I would worry if Smoot had to cover a number one reciever like Terrell Owens or Plaxico Burress as supposed to a Marvin Harrison or Peerless Price. I think we may be a little 'unbalanced' as far as athleticism if we move Arrington to weakside. As things are now, on the left side of the field we'll have Smoot, Arrington. and Taylor. On the right, Springs, Washington , and Bowen. Opposing teams may not want to run to either side, especially if they can run up the middle, but if they were going to pass, they may opt to take more chances against the right side. Which puts added pressure on Springs staying healty. Good thing we have solid depth at corner. I don't think Harris been ready before season starts is going to make or break us.
BossHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 08:11 PM   #20
Big C
Mr. Brightside

i agree, Harris is certainly the most experienced, but i do not know if he is the most talented. I saw that he started 15 games or something, but had no INTs, thats a little disturbing.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:26 AM   #21
Winskins
Special Teams

Someone mentioned our lack of d-line support in the past. Considering this I think it is all the more incredible that Bailey and Smoot did such a good job blanketing receivers.
I think that this year we will have nearly as much ability at corner, but overall more ability in the secondary considering the major upgrade at FS and the addition of a more solid nickelback. Springs may not have shown himself to be a dominant corner in the past couple years, but now that he is back home and working with an excellent training staff I think that he will stay healthy and show us some of the playmaking ability that made him a former 3rd overall pick.
Winskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #22
Riggo44
The Starter

Springs is the bigger CB so I would invison him covering the big strong WR's like T.O and Moss. But Smoot has better speed so he might match up better against the smaller faster WR's. I think it will change from week to week.