Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 05-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #586
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Here in Virginia our idiot Governor was recording both the antibodies tests and the diagnostic tests for Covid as one inflating rates and Overall testing results. This was only after Health experts criticism of the incompetence.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...rginia/611620/

Also this is interesting

https://www.dailywire.com/news/color...-numbers-wrong

Colorado Drastically Reduces Coronavirus Death Count, Democrat Gov Polis Suggests CDC Numbers Wrong:

Colorado Democratic Governor Jared Polis told Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday that his state significantly reduced the number of COVID-19 deaths that the state was reporting because the number included people who died with the coronavirus but not necessarily from it.

The reduction of 272 deaths from the COVID-19 death toll in the state represents a roughly 25 percent decrease in the total number of deaths.
I remember seeing in the early days / weeks of the pandemic, there were a lot of posts by people online stating that they had family members who had passed away and they were struggling with getting the county offices to amend the death certificates to show what they actually died from. (People dying from heart attacks or cancer, etc..) People were being told that for the time being, all deaths had to be officially listed as COVID-19, but would later be able to be redacted. Perhaps this is tying in to that. I think even in New York, Cuomo said that initially they counted ALL deaths from anything as COVID, because autopsies werent being performed in mass because at that time they were still trying to not overload hospitals / morgues, etc...

I am sure in time, more of this will come out. Colorado can't / won't be the only state that does this.

Advertisements
Old 05-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #587
MTK
\m/

All deaths counted as covid? Doesn't sound right at all. If covid was at all involved they may have listed it as a cause of death, but if someone died in a car accident they weren't listing the cause as covid.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:53 PM   #588
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
All deaths counted as covid? Doesn't sound right at all. If covid was at all involved they may have listed it as a cause of death, but if someone died in a car accident they weren't listing the cause as covid.
I believe initially if a person tested positive for it, but then died for whatever other reason - heart attack, stroke, etc., then COVID-19 was listed as the cause of death. That was going on in NY initially. But i believe the governor discovered that, and some of the deaths were later redacted.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:57 PM   #589
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 05-21-2020, 07:58 PM   #590
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Old 05-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #591
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Some say this brave security guard died of coronavirus too.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:44 AM   #592
Giantone
Gamebreaker

We are living in a time like no other..............

Old 05-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #593
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

@AstraZeneca
CEO says he has high confidence his company’s COVID-19 vaccine will work - and can have 300m doses available in the US by October. **personal note here— that would be fan-fricking-tastick.......

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine...payer-funding/

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #594
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
@AstraZeneca
CEO says he has high confidence his company’s COVID-19 vaccine will work - and can have 300m doses available in the US by October. **personal note here— that would be fan-fricking-tastick.......

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine...payer-funding/
If true , great news.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:43 AM   #595
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Order of who gets vaccines:

1. Older people
2. Professional athletes (we need sports badly)
3. College football players
4. Everyone else (I'll go last if needed to help with above)
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:39 PM   #596
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Old 05-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #597
SunnySide
Playmaker

Covid numbers are like holding water in your hand.

Florida averages 1,210 pneumonia deaths for the months January to march, 2013 to 2018.
This year for January to march? 5,185 classified as pneumonia deaths.

Florida was averting about 75 "unknown" deaths per day on January 5, 2020. By mid april, 2020? Averaging about 225 "unknown cause of death" cases a day now.

Read similar things about kentucky.
*** I did not go to the cdc website to confirm these numbers so I'm not saying they are 100% accurate
-------------------

A neighbor across the street was found passed out in his bathroom, ambulance came but did not take him to the hospital. He tested positive for covid 19. Hope he's doing okay.

----------

Maryland testing is now opening up. You don't need symptoms to get tested, just the stones to get a long q tip jammed into your brain.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #598
SunnySide
Playmaker

Pneumonia kills about 50,000 people each year in the U.S., according to the CDC.
This year, at least 89,555 deaths have been attributed nationwide to pneumonia between February and mid-May.
It tends to follow a typical flu season, coming on in December and peaking in January and February before declining in March to April.
But preliminary CDC data from this year show pneumonia deaths steadily climbed in March to peak in April, mirroring the trend line for deaths linked to the coronavirus outbreak.
Surrounding states are also seeing death counts several times greater than normal:
Indiana: 1,832 COVID-19 deaths; 2,149 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 384)
Illinois: 4,856 COVID-19 deaths; 3,986 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 782)
Tennessee: 336 COVID-19 deaths; 1,704 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 611)
Ohio: 1,969 COVID-19 deaths; 2,327 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 820)
Virginia: 1,208 COVID-19 deaths; 1,394 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 451)
West Virginia: 72 COVID-19 deaths; 438 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 117)”
Old 06-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #599
SunnySide
Playmaker

According to The Washington Post, which has been tracking data, 14 states and Puerto Rico have “recorded their highest-ever seven day average of new coronavirus cases since the pandemic began.” Since the beginning of June, this increase in cases has impacted the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. Worst of all, The Post reports that “the highest percentage of new cases are coming from places with much smaller populations,” which puts a massive strain on their medical infrastructures. Small towns like the mentioned Lincoln County, Oregon, have fewer hospitals and resources and may not be well-equipped to deal with a sudden surge in COVID-19 cases.

The number of states affected by an increase in cases might even be higher than 14. CNN reports that 22 states have seen an upward trending in virus cases. Florida has reportedly faced the most drastic spike in cases lately. CNN reports that “the number of new cases reported each day has increased an average of roughly 46 percent over the past week, just as most of the state entered a second phase of reopening.”

Another issue that The Post poses is that some states (such as Mississippi, Florida, and South Carolina), have loosened “minor-to moderate” safety restrictions and protocols over the last few weeks, even though “average daily infection rate is rising.” Most states in general have been opening up and allowing many businesses to operate with health rules in place — but experts have maintained their concern that it’s far too early to be reopening the country.

Although many health officials have warned of a second wave, the frightening thing is that this isn’t even the second wave yet — it’s still seemingly the first. According to NPR back in March, rural spots that didn’t see the virus wreak havoc on their towns at first would eventually be affected by the pandemic. “I think it’s just a matter of time,” Andy Pekosz, a professor of molecular microbiology and immunology at Johns Hopkins University’s Bloomberg School of Public Health stated — back in March. It looks like we’re currently seeing that prediction unfold.

-----------------------------------------------

Thank goodness Covid isnt deadlier bc that asshole can certainly spread itself around pretty effectively

If schools dont open back up in September ... I might go crazy, the whole country might go crazy.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #600
MTK
\m/

What a time to not have kids lol