Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Parking Lot

Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #91
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

You gave a dog a great life, keep that in mind. Sorry for your loss.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #92
mredskins
MVP

Re: The animals give their affection unconditionally, and they are less judgemental thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
You gave a dog a great life, keep that in mind. Sorry for your loss.
Thank you!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #93
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
We ended up putting my dog down.

RIP Cherokee 02-13
Run fast free n wild til daddy n mommy get there cherokee!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #94
mredskins
MVP

Thanks; we rescued a new dog few weeks ago. Plott hound called Tucker been a great dog so far.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #95
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

That is awesome! I have a rescue too. I have a 16 yr old and the rescue is a 10 yr old diabetic. She is so damn sweet n loving it makes me sick that she was left for dead. I will rescue another as soon as one goes to that big dog park in the sky. Good for you and god bless the love you are and have given them all. We all go to the same place
Old 11-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #96
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Two years ago today I bought home a wonderful grateful little dog named Juliette. Since she was a rescue dog, we decided that Nov 27 would be her birthday. So she was acting alittle funny the last couple days and I figured it was just her blood sugar being too high or too low. She is a diabetic. Took her in for a routine blood sugar test since I knew they would be closed tomorrow. Three hours later I was putting her down on her birthday. She was in kidney failure. Im still a little stunned. Anyway she was a real trooper. Abandoned. Rescued. Diabetes set in. Shots every day. Blind. Deaf. She even fell down the stairs once and was fine. Didnt even yelp. She was so damn grateful to have people who cared about her. I miss her so much already. RIP Jules.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #97
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Two years ago today I bought home a wonderful grateful little dog named Juliette. Since she was a rescue dog, we decided that Nov 27 would be her birthday. So she was acting alittle funny the last couple days and I figured it was just her blood sugar being too high or too low. She is a diabetic. Took her in for a routine blood sugar test since I knew they would be closed tomorrow. Three hours later I was putting her down on her birthday. She was in kidney failure. Im still a little stunned. Anyway she was a real trooper. Abandoned. Rescued. Diabetes set in. Shots every day. Blind. Deaf. She even fell down the stairs once and was fine. Didnt even yelp. She was so damn grateful to have people who cared about her. I miss her so much already. RIP Jules.

Damn that's rough man, my sympathies for you and your family. It was around this time 4 years ago my dog Maja died in her sleep out of no where and I still get choked up talking about her and shed a tear on occasion. I still look at her urn on occasion and wonder if I had the same impact on her as she had on me. She was from a somewhat similar situation, we got her from an abusive owner, but thankfully she had such a big heart that she accepted us very quickly and we had her for a good long time. Pets, and in my case especially dogs, are such amazing things that can give your life so much joy with so little effort. Really can't wait to get out of my current living situation and getting another dog to add to my experiences and memories with.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #98
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Sorry to hear that Punch. Thanks for giving her a good home for the last years of her life.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #99
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
Damn that's rough man, my sympathies for you and your family. It was around this time 4 years ago my dog Maja died in her sleep out of no where and I still get choked up talking about her and shed a tear on occasion. I still look at her urn on occasion and wonder if I had the same impact on her as she had on me. She was from a somewhat similar situation, we got her from an abusive owner, but thankfully she had such a big heart that she accepted us very quickly and we had her for a good long time. Pets, and in my case especially dogs, are such amazing things that can give your life so much joy with so little effort. Really can't wait to get out of my current living situation and getting another dog to add to my experiences and memories with.
My bet is you did have the same impact. I used to curse every morning when she would wake me up early. She had to be carried everywhere and just letting her out was a chore. I would give anything to stand outside in the cold with her rite now. It sucks big time when it happens out of no where, im sorry that happened to you and im really happy for Maja that you made her life special before it was done. Hope your next dog is a rescue too.
JR - thanks for the kind words. Its a tough morning.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #100
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Thanks; we rescued a new dog few weeks ago. Plott hound called Tucker been a great dog so far.
Sadly this week we had to return this dog. He would bite if woken; got me really good on Sunday night. With a 5 and 2 year old in the house just to dangerous to keep him. Sad week.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #101
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Sadly this week we had to return this dog. He would bite if woken; got me really good on Sunday night. With a 5 and 2 year old in the house just to dangerous to keep him. Sad week.
That sucks man. Sorry. But the kids come first. You definitely did the rite thing.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #102
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
That sucks man. Sorry. But the kids come first. You definitely did the rite thing.
Thank you sorry for your lost as well.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #103
mredskins
MVP

Sadly had to put my 11 year old Boarder Collie down today. Been a rough few months dog wise.

My wife is just in shatters.

=(

RIP Bailey

Last edited by mredskins; 12-16-2013 at 11:07 AM.
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #104
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Sadly had to put my 11 year old Boarder Collie down today. Been a rough few months dog wise.

My wife is just in shatters.

=(
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Serious condolences.

Probably too late for this, but did you get a pawprint (either in clay or on a piece of paper)? If so, make it into a holiday decoration for her. Lacking that, find a photo and do the same. Lots of things out there for remberance of pets. You could put something under the tree (if that's what you do) from you dogs to her - a necklace with a card "To Mom; From ____".

I sneak a "From Bronwyn" present into my son's room every year. I am pretty sure he knows where it comes from but we both keep up the pretense (I am stuck on what to do this year, however, and time is running out).
Old 12-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #105
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Serious condolences.

Probably too late for this, but did you get a pawprint (either in clay or on a piece of paper)? If so, make it into a holiday decoration for her. Lacking that, find a photo and do the same. Lots of things out there for remberance of pets. You could put something under the tree (if that's what you do) from you dogs to her - a necklace with a card "To Mom; From ____".

I sneak a "From Bronwyn" present into my son's room every year. I am pretty sure he knows where it comes from but we both keep up the pretense (I am stuck on what to do this year, however, and time is running out).
Thank you.

Yeah we got the paw print just like with my other dog who passed over the summer.

That is a nice tradition you have with your son. Keep it up!

I think my wife's gift will be a rescued dog. Hopefully we find a perfect match this go around.

For a 11 years Bailey followed me around the house like my shadow; now she is gone and it just hits you in the nut sack.

If you don't have a dog it is hard to explain but they give unconditionaly love something a human really can't do.