The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Parking Lot

Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #31
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Getting Old Sucks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Thanks for the input. I have a good bed and have tried chiropractors, acupuncture, TENS, and every other gizmo out there for this. I've also had 6 spinal surgeries. My flying days fuzed two of my vertebra together. Not an operation for fusion but it happened naturally from all the "g" forces. I'm resigned to my fate and await the new technology to help with the pain!
Ok, the Mrs has Scoilosis and had spine surgery that stretched her torso 3 inches , she has 3 metal rods in her back.

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2019, 10:35 PM   #32
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

I echo the Tempurpedic endorsement! Mattress is incredible. Every time I lay on it after a long day, it feels amazing. It is pricy, but it is so much better than any other mattress on the market today.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #33
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
I echo the Tempurpedic endorsement! Mattress is incredible. Every time I lay on it after a long day, it feels amazing. It is pricy, but it is so much better than any other mattress on the market today.
We need a new mattress and I just looked and for a CA King its $3700. Which one do you have?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:43 PM   #34
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
We need a new mattress and I just looked and for a CA King its $3700. Which one do you have?
We purchased ours almost 5 years ago now(our second). We upgrade to the king mattress and king box ...was about $4500 at the time through Tempurpedic .
Old 08-14-2019, 09:44 PM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Look around ,they now sell them at many place's . When we bought ours we could only go through the company.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #36
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Just the regular king size I believe. Believe my sister bought a refurbished one for a good deal and has good results. Price around as stated.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:42 AM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I ordered a 6 dollar avocado saver from Amazon and I'm excited that its here now. A damn avocado saver makes me happy nowadays. Its funny how things that you want and/or like changes as you get older.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #38
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I ordered a 6 dollar avocado saver from Amazon and I'm excited that its here now. A damn avocado saver makes me happy nowadays. Its funny how things that you want and/or like changes as you get older.
I had to look up what an avocado saver is. Never heard of such a thing.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #39
Schneed10
A Dude

I'm 40 and the doctor put me on a beta blocker this week for blood pressure. Hairline ain't what it used to be and I don't sleep as well as I used to.

I can still drive it 290 down the middle and the weiner still operates though so I'll take what I can get
Old 02-14-2020, 11:47 AM   #40
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'm 40 and the doctor put me on a beta blocker this week for blood pressure. Hairline ain't what it used to be and I don't sleep as well as I used to.

I can still drive it 290 down the middle and the weiner still operates though so I'll take what I can get
A few other little tricks that will help with you blood pressure. Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) ,I take a table spoon twice a day and it really does work . Breathing (yes sounds silly but) taking long deep breaths will help with your blood pressure also.Two small painless things that you can that will help.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #41
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
A few other little tricks that will help with you blood pressure. Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother) ,I take a table spoon twice a day and it really does work . Breathing (yes sounds silly but) taking long deep breaths will help with your blood pressure also.Two small painless things that you can that will help.
I noticed work out and eat less salt are not on your list. Are you making a list of things that actually work, or a list of things you can do that don't involve actual effort? lol
Old 02-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #42
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:

It was 50 when I started loosing distance on my game. I still hit the ball 250 plus but not 280 like i did in my 40's.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:53 PM   #43
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
It was 50 when I started loosing distance on my game. I still hit the ball 250 plus but not 280 like i did in my 40's.
250 plus plays more than fine if you can get up and down and make a putt. I just spray and pray these days.

Speaking of getting old. I can only seem to make time to play about 10 times a year, what with kids in sports and all. Back in high school when I was playing 4 times a week I had the index at about a 9. Can't get below 12 anymore.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #44
MTK
\m/

Quote:

Yeah I'm on a low dose beta blocker myself. We all know the deal, lose some weight, work out, watch what we eat, etc. But sometimes it's also just genetics too.

As for sleep I know you're anti-weed but CBD is amazing for sleep.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I have to really agree with the sleep...I sleep much worse with than I used too. if I have a drink or three it will really affect it. I do the CBD if I have a bad night of sleep to get me back inline. Also room darking curtains ive put up as well. With me its not that I cant go to sleep, but the waking up early not getting back to sleep before work.

Also with the drinking...as I get older, Im a cheap date now...tolerance has gone down a bit.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote