Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pete Prisco's mock (cbs's main NFL reporter)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #31
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Pete Prisco's mock (cbs's main NFL reporter)

Speaking of Salvea'a I think he is the most underrated player on the defense. The man is a beast.

Advertisements
Old 03-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #32
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982
Morton for playmakers? that doesn't make since, I hope that was sarcasim... U r so sensitive over those Avatars aren't u, Damn can't I guess I can't feel free to ask a sensible question about the avatars huh? thanks alot Matty :smashfrea
how about Todd Franz
Old 03-15-2005, 03:43 PM   #33
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
Williams is a better football player straight up. That should be the deciding factor. Take the better player. There are knocks against Pacman's instincts and positioning. Apparently he gets turned around some. This is all correctable but I imagine he's gonna get torched as a rookie some. The only knock on WIlliams is speed. Speed is the knock on just about every WR coming out. There are only like 3 legitimate speedsters who will end up being siginificant players in any given year and this year is no different. Year in and year out WRs get knocked for speed and it doesn't end up mattering much. Williams is a beast. Pacman is a nice player but he is not the Williams level. He is over valued simply because he plays CB.

I agree on William's I have almost the same feeling about him as I did Taylor a year ago, Taylor's workout was less than stellar to say the least, but I knew that was irrelevant for him he is a football player, William's combine last year was better than his combine this year a year off can slow you down once he get's back into the flow of a daily practices his speed will increase, I think he will be on a level with Taylor as far as WR's go, the guy has the best pair of hand's you will ever see. If we want another fast WR to stretch the D we will have that opportinity later in te draft there's going to be some unpolished burner's we can take a chance on, but William's has a chance to be something special in this league of the likes the NFL may not have seen up till now, just like Taylor.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #34
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

How would you compare him to Moss?
Old 03-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #35
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
I'll take that bet, wanna do money or something else? Avatar maybe?
I donate $25 if you win and you give me a special title "Lord Aden" along with a Avatar of my favorite Redskins Super Bowl Ring if I win.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #36
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I agree on William's I have almost the same feeling about him as I did Taylor a year ago, Taylor's workout was less than stellar to say the least, but I knew that was irrelevant for him he is a football player, William's combine last year was better than his combine this year a year off can slow you down once he get's back into the flow of a daily practices his speed will increase, I think he will be on a level with Taylor as far as WR's go, the guy has the best pair of hand's you will ever see. If we want another fast WR to stretch the D we will have that opportinity later in te draft there's going to be some unpolished burner's we can take a chance on, but William's has a chance to be something special in this league of the likes the NFL may not have seen up till now, just like Taylor.
Yeah... it sounds ridiculous to say but you just know in your gut when a guy can play and when he is hype. I was estatic when we drafted Champ, Lavar and Taylor. I had a good feeling about Smoot too. On the other hand I thought Samuels was hyped a bit and Ramsey was uber hyped. I'd say based on their careers so far my gut has been good. Not that I know any better than anyone else but I think most people just KNEW Taylor and Arrington could were gonna be beast. They could've gone to the combine or their workouts and crapped a duck and everyone knew they'd be beast. I just get that feeling with Williams like nobody else in the draft. Edwards is gonna be good but I think Williams is gonna be the best player in this draft when we look back in 5 years. I know some of you have this same gut feeling I just know it.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #37
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
How would you compare him to Moss?
He doesn't. He compares more to Michale Irvin, Cris Carter, Terrell Owens and Roy Williams. Bigger guys with ok speed who knew were just good receivers. Good hands, good routes, great body position, great strength. He even handled the entire situation involving trying to go pro and ending up getting banned by the NCAA very maturely which is also something to note.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #38
BallsOut
Camp Scrub

Adam Jones is small, he is a play maker but spears would make such a difference in the defense because we wouldn't have to blitz on 3rd and long to get pressure. I like spears, and pollack the most but i would be ok with Jones.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #39
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
how about Todd Franz

That would be great. Seriously a playmaker to me would be Griffin or Washington. Out with coles
Old 03-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #40
SantanaMan
Special Teams

Todd Franz has just signed for GreenBay today so I would say that would rule him out of being on a Redskins avatar.
Your looking a replacement player for "playmakers", my suggestion would be (if he is not already used) ... Shawn Springs - the guy made a lot of big plays last year!!!
Champ who?
SantanaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #41
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I like it santana man now if u could get maty to see that...
Old 03-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #42
That Guy
Living Legend

our O sucked, so lets go straight D on avatars this season well, D and portis...
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote