Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: If you owned the team would you have signed Reuben Foster?
Yes 16 35.56%
No 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #136
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
When , conceivably, is the first time he could get on the field?
Not until the league takes him off the exempt list

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #137
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The longer I live the more shit-birds I encounter or learn about who touch on my personal life. Yet most of these people have been able to cover up their immoral and often illegal shortcomings and have remained employed and even respected. My point is that there are a multitude of character issues among all people but those who are in the public eye are less able to avoid having their failings become an employment problem.

Rueben Foster's bad behavior is a public relations problem for the NFL because he is a player. Meanwhile, Sammy The Shit-bird of Accounts Payable may be twice as bad as Foster but his transgressions are unnoticed because he is a comparative nobody.

So, I say go ahead and sign Foster because the transaction makes perfect sense from a pure football perspective and it's time that we all admit that we probably have many other people employed throughout the rest of the NFL and our society in general who regularly commit immoral and illegal acts but who are under the radar, unpunished, and still employed.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #138
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
He also has a laundry list of things he did other than kneeling for the flag. Wore socks to practice that depicted police as pigs. Made internet posts comparing cops to runaway slave catchers. He praised Fidel Castro and wore a shirt with his likeness.

He also did football related things teams would not like. He switched to a vegan diet without professional supervision losing an overly excessive amount of muscle mass while recovering from surgery. He dated a teammates ex who may not even be an ex at the time that caused them to almost come to blows and some supposed damage to Kap's car. That guy was Aldon Smith, some of Smith's issues could have been tied to Kap. He was also aloof and kept mostly to himself, he did not interact with teammates like a leader should. He also worked hard in areas he was already good at, running and strength, and would not put in the extra work where he was deficient. If you want more study film on his play. He flees the pocket early, never gets past a second read and locks on receivers. He is extremely poor at reading defenses.
His early successes were from mostly his running, he steadily went downhill after his initial success. He has been out of football 2 years and is 3-16 the last two seasons he played.
With all of that he also stated he would keep on protesting if he was signed.

Wonder if Snyder knew about this?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #139
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah but it’s the name that people have a problem with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMO it the name and logo combo that's the issue. That said I'd just drop the name Redskins and have the team call itself Washington. Keep everything else the same.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #140
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
IMO it the name and logo combo that's the issue. That said I'd just drop the name Redskins and have the team call itself Washington. Keep everything else the same.
Have to have a nickname, I'd go with Warriors if that was the case.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #141
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Kaepernick's early success was all a result of Jim Harbaugh tailoring the offense to emphasize his strengths and cover up his weaknesses. He also seemed to give the guy direction outside of football. Kap was 25-14 regular season with Harbaugh 3-16 after he left. Also the year after Harbaugh left all the above listed bad behavior started. Do note the protesting started after he was benched for Blaine Gabbert and demanded a trade. Kapernick would have to be a top 10 QB for teams to put up with all the baggage and nonsense. On the other hand he makes Jim Harbaugh look like a damn good head coach.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #142
Schneed10
A Dude

As we ride around on our high horses, a glimpse of what Foster brings from a pure talent perspective is at PFF's link below. Understand the PR side, understand the financial side, and finally understand the football impact in detail. This link gives you that last piece.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...foster-cover-3
Old 11-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #143
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
You most certainly are deflecting my argument....when I say women I'm not generalizing....but there are women in our society who are vindictive enough to make these types of fraudulent claims of domestic abuse...
There's a Duke Lacross team that agrees with you.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #144
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I am not naive. What I am, though, is a father to two daughters. So you could accuse my vision of being slightly biased in that regard.

Since you are fully on the bandwagon, why don't you run right out and buy your wife or daughter a Reuban Foster Redskins jersey?

You can sit and there and 'what if' all you want. IMHO the one who is naive is one that authors and buys into conjecture and not facts. What is known as a fact and without a 'what if' is he has been arrested 3 times this year for drugs, weapons and ALLEGED (just for you) domestic abuse. No what if, no conjecture. No 'maybe he did it'. The guy pleaded no contest to the other charges of drug & illegal weapons possession. This is Fact, not conjecture and not 'maybe she planted that weapon on him'. He has been suspended by the league, he was kicked out of the NFL combine. But that was probably her fault too, right?

The two most cowardly men in the world are those that beat children and those that beat women. I've no stomach for either.

So let the investigation play itself out and see where it ends. But where there is smoke, there is usually fire.
I've been on this site for about a year on and off. I see your a long term member but where have you been the past year. Dallas wins and your here all the time now. Its your right I just find it strange.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #145
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Have to have a nickname, I'd go with Warriors if that was the case.
Don't necessarily need a nickname.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #146
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
As we ride around on our high horses, a glimpse of what Foster brings from a pure talent perspective is at PFF's link below. Understand the PR side, understand the financial side, and finally understand the football impact in detail. This link gives you that last piece.

No question he could help out tremendously on the field

Old 11-28-2018, 02:33 PM   #147
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Well there is no way Mason Foster can make those plays. He simply can't run that fast and is terrible once he gets in open field.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #148
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
What's not talked about enough is the risk / reward from the cap side of things. His cap number next year would be $1.3M if on our roster, and $1.7M in 2020. Absolutely none of that guaranteed. So we can dump him at any time with no cap ramifications.

We can also exercise the option for 2021, if we so chose.

Or, if he plays out his deal here, we can let him leave via free agency and get a comp pick in the deal, depending what he signs for elsewhere.

This is the biggest reason he was signed. No guaranteed money, no cap consequences, talented player. Lots of upside reasons that make you willing to weather the PR storm.

I definitely would have put in the claim myself.
I'm really glad you mentioned this. For the people asking, "Why not sign Dez, why not sign Kaep, why not sign this player or that player", it's a low risk proposition for the 'skins in terms of money. The Redskins can pretty much drop Foster at any point without losing any money, and the fact that he's still on his rookie contract makes it pretty cheap as well. For someone like Dez or Kaep, much more expensive. Foster is young, and maybe, MAYBE, if he can keep his nose clean, he has a heck of a career ahead of him. Dez is at the end of his career, and Kaep hasn't played in over two years and sucked in that last year he did play.

Yeah, from a PR standpoint, it sucks, but you know what...the heck with PR. The sports media is always salivating over some bad press to come the Redskins way so they can pile on. Mike Jones has already written a scathing review on the move in USA Today. The way I see it is, they want to make this franchise out to be the bad guys, might as well live up to that and become the Stone Cold Steve Austins of the NFL world.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #149
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No question he could help out tremendously on the field
Question is when will that happen? He's now on the Commissioners exempt list. Just like a suspension, but he still gets paid and there is no end date.

He won't play this season. And he will have a laundry list of requirements he will need to fulfill to even get to a point where they will consider removing him from the list.

He'll have to do a ton of counseling as well as who knows what else. And if he screws it up, he won't play next season either. But he will still get paid.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #150
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gruden: “I anticipate it will be a while before (Foster plays).” Gruden said there’s no guarantee he ever plays again.

Well there is that