Kareem Hunt cut

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #76
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Kareem Hunt cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by httr198020 View Post
Somebody doesn't have to hit you first to warrant being hit. Jumping in somebody's face puts that person at risk. I don't see anything this guy did wrong. She jumped in his face. He pushed her. She hit him and things got a little out of control.
You can't be serious. He is a strong well condition man, she is a teenage girl. She posed no threat. A real man turns and walks away.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #77
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Somebody doesn't have to hit you first to warrant being hit.
This is where you are wrong.
Not only you should never strike someone if being provoked. You should not even strike someone after merely being shoved. Your view on this is exactly why his career is now in jeopardy. Have you ever heard if someone strikes you on the left cheek, turn an offer them the other cheek too?

Self defense comes into play after multiple strikes or a life threatening situation. This argument or words justify physical stiking is the core attitude problem that causes escalation an violence in our macho testosterone attack world.

Hitting someone in anger is almost always wrong. Period. Except on a football field where it is considered awesome
Old 12-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #78
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

For the record I practiced what I preached about turning and walking away. I have been punched in the face numerous times by women, my ex wife even managed to bloody my nose once. Her logic was since I was way bigger and an ex boxer she could not hurt me. I usually just laughed at her. When I was younger I had a habit of escalating domestic issues with poor choices of words.
I wasn't the guy who would come home with flowers when I was in the dog house. Right before I left home at 17 my mother hit me across the back with one of those wooden rolling pins. Hurt like hell, I never even thought of retaliating.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #79
skinsnut
Playmaker

Along the lines of off the field violence, why is it that RBs are so vilolent vs kickers and QBs? It seems certain "deliver a hit" positions seem to have a disproportionate amount of off field hitting others issues.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #80
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Guice, Hunt, Thompson backfield is going to be amazing next year.

Hunt just filmed a clip of when keeping it real goes wrong.

How can someone with so much to lose behave so stupidly? Blows my mind.
Vodka. Lots of vodka.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #81
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Along the lines of off the field violence, why is it that RBs are so vilolent vs kickers and QBs? It seems certain "deliver a hit" positions seem to have a disproportionate amount of off field hitting others issues.
Is there a study on arrests by position of NFL players?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Josh Brown was a kicker. I don't know if there is data one way or the other for your question.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...illance-video/

The Cleveland Police Department told USA Today that officers knew there were security cameras but never obtained the hotel’s surveillance video because “detectives only follow up on felonies. This is a misdemeanor.”

I couldn’t imagine being a father of the woman and hearing this. That’s a typical “not my job” response to people who are supposed to be advocates for victims of crimes
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #84
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

The Cleveland Police Department told USA Today that officers knew there were security cameras but never obtained the hotel’s surveillance video because “detectives only follow up on felonies. This is a misdemeanor.”

I couldn’t imagine being a father of the woman and hearing this. That’s a typical “not my job” response to people who are supposed to be advocates for victims of crimes
This is sickening.
The news about the rape kits getting destroyed is even worse.
https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Po...501664231.html
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #85
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I couldn’t imagine being a father of the woman and hearing this.
This went down in February and it took almost 10 months for this to come out? This is the same situation as the Ray Rice situation according to ESPN Schefter: http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/2542...tion-ray-rices
The Chiefs and the NFL asked for the video and were denied.
The cover up is worse than the crime.
I know Cleveland is an economically depressed city but this is criminal that a hotel, law enforcement and a District Attorney can keep this from coming to light. Money and power can derail a justice system.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #86
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
This went down in February and it took almost 10 months for this to come out? This is the same situation as the Ray Rice situation according to ESPN Schefter: http://www.espn.com/espnw/video/2542...tion-ray-rices
I know Cleveland is an economically depressed city but this is criminal that a hotel, law enforcement and a District Attorney can keep this from coming to light. Money and power can derail a justice system.
Yeah, it's pretty terrible that the only way the video got released was from a hotel employee (probably ex-hotel employee) selling it to TMZ.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck the Cleveland police department and fuck Kareem hunt
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:00 AM   #88
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Joe can probably shed more light on this being a lawyer but if the DA or police did release that video so much for finding an unbiased jury they are really protecting not derailing the justice system. Also even if charges are not filed I think it is still classified as evidence. It is not domain of the public the city of Cleveland has no responsibility to help the NFL with its investigation as awful as we think that might sound. I am surprised however that this wasn't leaked to a media outlet sooner.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #89
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Joe can probably shed more light on this being a lawyer but if the DA or police did release that video so much for finding an unbiased jury they are really protecting not derailing the justice system. Also even if charges are not filed I think it is still classified as evidence. It is not domain of the public the city of Cleveland has no responsibility to help the NFL with its investigation as awful as we think that might sound. I am surprised however that this wasn't leaked to a media outlet sooner.
In Virginia, if the video was seized as evidence, it is shielded from FOIA requests during the investigation and or trial.

Also, the prosecution would not be allowed to release the video under the bar ethics rules because of what you mentioned. But the police would not be under the same constraints and could do so, but it would be in poor form imo until the criminal case got going in court.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #90
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
That bitch jumped in his face. He had a right to defend himself.