Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


The Haskins Threat 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Your opinion on Haskins heading into next season?
Promising, he looks like he could be a player 43 72.88%
Still on the fence 15 25.42%
He's a bust 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #91
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,520
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Weíre not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

Weíre drafting Chase Young unless offered something crazy.

In Dwayne Haskins last two games he had a QB rating of 120 and 141. His fifth and sixth NFL games. Exactly what do you want with this guy, beyond that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the next few weeks the Tau horn is going get really really loud.

I agree with your above if jay was still here but this is a new leadership team, I won't be shocked if we grabbed Tau.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline  

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #92
Irrefutable
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,622
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Weíre not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

Weíre drafting Chase Young unless offered something crazy.


In Dwayne Haskins last two games he had a QB rating of 120 and 141. His fifth and sixth NFL games. Exactly what do you want with this guy, beyond that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree the Redskins are trying to convince other teams that they are interested in Tua or Burrows in the hope they will get an offer they cannot refuse for the #2 pick
Irrefutable is offline  
Old 02-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #93
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,563
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
I agree the Redskins are trying to convince other teams that they are interested in Tua or Burrows in the hope they will get an offer they cannot refuse for the #2 pick
I don't see why you wouldn't think that the Skins are actually evaluating outstanding talents like Tua and Burrow as their possible first round pick instead of just using the threat of picking one of them as trade bait.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 02-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #94
Irrefutable
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,622
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I don't see why you wouldn't think that the Skins are actually evaluating outstanding talents like Tua and Burrow as their possible first round pick instead of just using the threat of picking one of them as trade bait.
The Redskins would have to think Tua or Burrows were significantly better than Haskins. And with all the needs they have, it would be hard to have two first-round picks at QB. (barring Haskins being traded)
Irrefutable is offline  
Old 02-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #95
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 30,257
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
The Redskins would have to think Tua or Burrows were significantly better than Haskins. And with all the needs they have, it would be hard to have two first-round picks at QB. (barring Haskins being traded)
I'm not sure Ron is really sold on Dwayne as his franchise QB, could there be an AZ Like thought process? We don't know
__________________
ďMediocre people donít like high achievers, and high achievers donít like mediocre people.Ē
― Nick Saban
skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 02-28-2020, 04:28 AM   #96
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,542
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Saying off-season type things to up the possible draft haul is smart business.

In reality, if this team does anything that involves Haskins not being QB1 next year, I'll lose my marbles. Basically means we wasted our 1st round pick last year and this year, passed on the hands down best player in this draft.

Keep the pick, draft the game wrecker and move on.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline  
Old 02-28-2020, 05:54 AM   #97
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,258
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Haskins is not Rosen. Rosen looked like a deer in the headlights and was clearly a bust in his first year. Haskins improved and showed flashes as the season wore on, and clearly has potential to improve over the summer. Plus he's made a good move setting up a camp with the receivers in Florida. Hardly worthy of abandoning him/throwing him under the bus.

Best we get if we trade him is a low rd1 and that's a waste of last year's rd1 and probably this year's if Tau is injury prone.

Trade maybe, pick Tau no way!
AnonEmouse is offline  
Old 02-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #98
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Haskinís 6th game was with a QB rating of 120 (max 154). His seventh game had a QB rating of 141 before he was hurt. Maybe he got lucky. But it sure looked to me that he was getting more confident and was improving rapidly with every game. 120 and 141 QB rating is elite. Not ďokĒ, not ďgoodĒ, itís elite. Thatís as a rookie, with crappy TE, rookie WR, below average OL and Callahan as an interim HC.

Rosen looked like a bust his rookie season. He didnít have any 120 rating games. I think people looked at Haskinís first game where he had 3 INT and figured he was a draft bust. But he got to finally practice with the first team, they stabilized the OL, and he improved every game he played.

I donít know if Haskins will be the franchise QB for the Redskins. But he had a damn good rookie season and constantly improved. I bet heíll get better this season with some real TE, at good OL, a far better OC. Drafting Tua is just crazy talk by people who turned the tv off after his first game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 02-29-2020, 06:40 AM   #99
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Posts: 3,790
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Haskinís 6th game was with a QB rating of 120 (max 154). His seventh game had a QB rating of 141 before he was hurt. Maybe he got lucky. But it sure looked to me that he was getting more confident and was improving rapidly with every game. 120 and 141 QB rating is elite. Not ďokĒ, not ďgoodĒ, itís elite. Thatís as a rookie, with crappy TE, rookie WR, below average OL and Callahan as an interim HC.

Rosen looked like a bust his rookie season. He didnít have any 120 rating games. I think people looked at Haskinís first game where he had 3 INT and figured he was a draft bust. But he got to finally practice with the first team, they stabilized the OL, and he improved every game he played.

I donít know if Haskins will be the franchise QB for the Redskins. But he had a damn good rookie season and constantly improved. I bet heíll get better this season with some real TE, at good OL, a far better OC. Drafting Tua is just crazy talk by people who turned the tv off after his first game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said Agree 100%.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 02-29-2020, 10:20 AM   #100
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,473
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Weíre not taking Tua or Burrows in any crazy trade. When you draft a QB in the first round, you build around him and give him 20-35 games to succeed or fail. They will ride Haskins for better or worse until given a far chance to become a franchise QB.

Weíre drafting Chase Young unless offered something crazy.

In Dwayne Haskins last two games he had a QB rating of 120 and 141. His fifth and sixth NFL games. Exactly what do you want with this guy, beyond that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look what the Cardinals did with Rosen after 16 games. Best decision they ever made.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 02-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #101
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Look what the Cardinals did with Rosen after 16 games. Best decision they ever made.


Right! Because Rosen was a draft bust and did NOT improve during his rookie season.

If you only looked at Haskins first game ( which was awful) OR just looked at Haskins overall rookie numbers (which included his terrible first game) you might think he could be a draft bust. But at a closer examination of his games showed he improved constantly every game. His last two games had ELITE numbers.

So-called ďexpertsĒ like Kiper only looked at Haskjnís overall numbers, not his continual improvement. Rosen never improved, nor had any games that could be called elite. Rosen didnít even have any really good games. The Cardinals were right to get rid of Rosen, but Rosen is not Haskins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 02-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #102
SkinzWin
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 3,473
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Iím not saying we should give Haskins away. But I also think the $h!t show that was the 2019 season is not enough data to say he will be good or be a bust. Especially not if you are basing it off two games at the end of the season when no one has much to play for unless you are a playoff contender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Right! Because Rosen was a draft bust and did NOT improve during his rookie season.

If you only looked at Haskins first game ( which was awful) OR just looked at Haskins overall rookie numbers (which included his terrible first game) you might think he could be a draft bust. But at a closer examination of his games showed he improved constantly every game. His last two games had ELITE numbers.

So-called ďexpertsĒ like Kiper only looked at Haskjnís overall numbers, not his continual improvement. Rosen never improved, nor had any games that could be called elite. Rosen didnít even have any really good games. The Cardinals were right to get rid of Rosen, but Rosen is not Haskins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 03-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #103
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Iím not saying we should give Haskins away. But I also think the $h!t show that was the 2019 season is not enough data to say he will be good or be a bust. Especially not if you are basing it off two games at the end of the season when no one has much to play for unless you are a playoff contender.


Youíre exactly right. There were so many things WRONG with our offense itís impossible to know what type of QB Haskinís will be. His first game was terrible and his last two games were outstanding. If he DIDNíT have those last two excellent games, I think the idea of drafting Tua might be justified.

However, Haskins was hurt and he played through it. He started to become a leader of the team. He really looked very good in those last games, with many things (porous OL, no TE, rookie WR, weak playcalling) going against him and the offense.

What those last two games meant was that he DESERVES a second season to prove himself. He may ultimately be a draft bust or just an average QB. But the end of last season means the team has to give him a chance to prove himself one way or another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Old 03-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #104
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,563
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Youíre exactly right. There were so many things WRONG with our offense itís impossible to know what type of QB Haskinís will be. His first game was terrible and his last two games were outstanding. If he DIDNíT have those last two excellent games, I think the idea of drafting Tua might be justified.

However, Haskins was hurt and he played through it. He started to become a leader of the team. He really looked very good in those last games, with many things (porous OL, no TE, rookie WR, weak playcalling) going against him and the offense.

What those last two games meant was that he DESERVES a second season to prove himself. He may ultimately be a draft bust or just an average QB. But the end of last season means the team has to give him a chance to prove himself one way or another.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a business and he's a contractor; therefore, he doesn't deserve jack. Sorry, that's just the way it is in the NFL.

Nevertheless, I have no problem with the Skins developing him. I think the ankle sprain held him back and I'm optimistic about what he can do when fully healthy.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 03-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #105
Warthog
The Starter
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 1,250
Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It's a business and he's a contractor; therefore, he doesn't deserve jack. Sorry, that's just the way it is in the NFL.



Nevertheless, I have no problem with the Skins developing him. I think the ankle sprain held him back and I'm optimistic about what he can do when fully healthy.


NFL - not for long. Iím excited to see if Haskins can improve this season toward the franchise QB we all have been waiting for. But if he flops, weíll be using our first rounder for a QB in 2021. I think the offense will improve out of the cellar but the defense will carry the team this season. I just donít think they can fix all the holes on the offense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.45975 seconds with 13 queries