Redskins Training Camp Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Montez Sweat walking gingerly. Helmet off. Takes a knee. Talking to trainer. Now headed to the tent.

Here we go

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I was just going to ask about Sweat's training camp. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just cramps for Sweat thank god
Old 07-31-2019, 11:58 AM   #78
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Just cramps for Sweat thank god
So how has his performance been?

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 12:18 PM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
So how has his performance been?

From what I have read, he's been pretty good
Old 07-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #80
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
#Redskins have signed guard Hugh Thornton, according to NFL source. He’ll be at practice today, though I’d expect he’ll need a few days to get acclimated. Started 32 games at guard for Colts from ‘13-15, but leg injuries forced him to retire at 25. Healthy now. Add him to the mix
Interesting move, Thornton was drafted by Colts in 3rd round so he has talents but it will be tough as he haven't played in NFL for 3 years. I'm just glad to see that Redskins is still looking at Oline players from everywhere.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

"I talked to Trent about playing swing, and I'll do it if I have to"

Donald Penn says he has talked to Trent in recent days.

That is a good sign
Old 07-31-2019, 01:28 PM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
"I talked to Trent about playing swing, and I'll do it if I have to"

Donald Penn says he has talked to Trent in recent days.

That is a good sign
Was a Camp today for an hour and half:

Donald Penn didn't look rusty at all and he was handling Sweat and Kerrigan while I watched. Left guard is an issue. Flowers is a major issue.

Watching Tomsula coach is pretty awesome...I don't think there is anyone on staff who has more of a pulse on his unit. I saw him get on Brantley pretty good, work with Settle some.

I know I talk shit about them, but Reed and Davis are probably our best pass catchers. They look great running circles around our safeties and linebackers. Sprinkle made an awesome catch today over Monte.

I think our QB looked pretty fresh.

Area of concern: WR. Paul Richardson looks like a child out there...I don't know about him. Cam Sims looks like our best WR and is a monster. Doctson made a nice catch....something I noticed about Doctson, he is never talking and hanging with the other WRs on the sidelines. Looks out of place. Sims, Rich, Quick, Harmon, Quinn are out there talking, bullshitting, laughing....

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:32 PM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Donald Penn didn't look rusty at all and he was handling Sweat and Kerrigan while I watched. Left guard is an issue. Flowers is a major issue.

Watching Tomsula coach is pretty awesome...I don't think there is anyone on staff who has more of a pulse on his unit. I saw him get on Brantley pretty good, work with Settle some.

I know I talk shit about them, but Reed and Davis are probably our best pass catchers. They look great running circles around our safeties and linebackers. Sprinkle made an awesome catch today over Monte.

Area of concern: WR. Paul Richardson looks like a child out there...I don't know about him. Cam Sims looks like our best WR and is a monster. Doctson made a nice catch....something I noticed about Doctson, he is never talking and hanging with the other WRs on the sidelines. Looks out of place. Sims, Rich, Quick, Harmon, Quinn are out there talking, bullshitting, laughing....
The LG and WR stuff scare the hell out of me man, I just don't see PRich doing anything at all, hopefully Terry and Quinn can carry the unit
Old 07-31-2019, 01:38 PM   #84
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Good to hear about Penn. At least it's a good start. Also we keep hearing about Sims. Put him w/the starters and see what he does.

Davis and Reed.. we all know what they are at this point. We can't run 2 te sets with both of them in the game cause everyone will know what we're doing. If both of them could block it would make our offense so much better. We'd be so much more unpredictable.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #85
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Oh...AP looked like a monster on several runs. The RBs in general looked up to the task, getting to second level. AP had a killer run today tho, guy looks like a tank out there.

He Gets Us
Old 07-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #86
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I am worried that Brian Mitchell either is getting dementia or is coming to work intoxicated. This early afternoon around 11:00 he was broadcasting his show from Redskins camp on 980 AM, it seemed to be live and while my reception wasn't the greatest it sounded like he said Flowers and a D-lineman had got into a fight. He then went on to say fights between 1's are rare as usually it is guys on the border line of making the team that get frustrated and fight.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems B-Mitch is calling Flowers a starter and a cinch to not get cut. Hopefully it was the not so great radio reception while I was running errands to make me think he implied that. So if I heard things right, either the Redskins are screwed on the O-line, B-Mitch needs to go to rehab, or any Redskins QB needs to increase their life insurance policy.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:21 PM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

After seeing both Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson ball the f*ck out today....wrap these fools in bubble wrap and put them away for the season.

I am extremely eager to see if Gruden does the right thing and keeps these guys out of preseason games. I wouldn't play oft injured, Moses, Reed, CT, P Rich...keep them on the sidelines and just let them practice...a little until season begins.

He Gets Us
Old 07-31-2019, 07:43 PM   #88
Warthog
The Starter

There's been two fights between the DL and OL in training camp so far. Gruden was pissed and made both run sprints.

If Trent really wants to be traded, I really worry about this OL. This group is going to have to be rebuilt without Trent. Moses is playing well.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #89
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Good read man!

-Did you get to see a bit of Wes Martin ? I still have hope he's our LG answer.

-Good to read about Sprinkle's catch because unless JR and VD, he can run block !
Old 07-31-2019, 09:05 PM   #90
Burgold
Special Teams

I'm worried about the offensive line,if any starters go down we're in trouble.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote