Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #61
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Probably could refer to IR and pup list numbers to see.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #62
calia
Playmaker

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

I think part of it is that players are also bigger, stronger and faster. The Hogs would be petite by today’s O line standards, for example. Collisions are worse even if the rules try to mitigate them. I’d be interested in the actual numbers. I suspect someone has published on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #63
MTK
\m/

Reporting of injuries likely skews the stats since teams are under more heat than years ago to report
Old 08-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #64
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Reporting of injuries likely skews the stats since teams are under more heat than years ago to report
especially concussions . . . players just played through them in the old days . . . and with the rule changes to try to prevent them now, players are aiming low, which will naturally bring an uptick in knee and other leg injuries . . . while leg injuries can be career threatening, concussions can be life threatening.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:57 AM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
they just built a state of the art treatment, prevention and recovery center . . . the science is there . . . luck, for whatever reason has not been
Browns OL coach doesn't believe in stretching...

Sorry but when I hear shit like that (and maybe he's playing a character for the cameras), I think we're allowed to wonder if all coaching staffs really do give their players access to the best body science available...
He's not in charge of strength (god why is the "t" in between the "g" and the "h" in this word? doesn't make any sense!) and conditioning, but to hear that level of nonsense at that level of football and then see the amount of pulled hamstrings in the game makes me question the overall culture of taking care of your body in this sport.

I remember reading any article where a former player bragged about partying late in the night just before games... Well buddy if you didn't sleep, have alcohol in your blood and don't stretch, I won't be surprised when you pull your hamstring, or sprain your ankle, or even tear one of your knee's ligaments on a seemingly harmless play...
Old 08-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #66
MTK
\m/

First off Bob Wylie is hilarious, second he’s just an old dude with old views joking around at practice. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #67
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
First off Bob Wylie is hilarious, second he’s just an old dude with old views joking around at practice. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
I laughed too. But beyond him, it just makes me wonder, if everything is indeed made to avoid injuries.
When gatorade is given to players on the sidelines, I think we're allowed to wonder about it.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #68
jamf
Pro Bowl

A stretched muscle is a weak muscle.
jamf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #69
calia
Playmaker

'Ol Bob is pretty funny. And I suspect he hasn't seen his toes in some time -- no wonder he thinks trying to reach them is a waste of time. For all he knows, they're not even there.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I agree. Plus think about how dirty the game was 40 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if injuries have decreased from then to now. Advancements in technology and teaching, the NFL changing the rules every year for safety reasons. It just seems like more injuries happen because most teams take reporting injuries very seriously.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote