Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #136
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I’m going to go out on a limb and say if Robert Davis stays healthy, keep him and get rid of Doctson.
Fixed it for you.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #137
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
I don’t comment much here but read all. For over 10 years now. So I‘m well aware of the limits of the Redskins organization. But reading your comment, this one and others, I do wonder why in the world you hang around to punish yourself the way you seem to. Your comment is truly worthless and contributes exactly zero to the discussion.

On the other hand it will count to get your comment count up to 20,000 some day. Yeah!!!

Lmao. Yes im all about comment counts. I sometimes go weeks without posting and you should know that. I suppose I could pick a different team but that is asinine. I suppose I could just be a cheerleader no matter how much losing and dysfunction this organization puts us all through but that is also asinine. You know what is equally asinine? You chiming in just to make things personal. What isn’t asinine is me voicing my opinion on the ineptitude of this team. So chill. Im talking about football. I could care less about anyones opinions on the redskins. Just hate when people get rude. Well there was all that posting about Trent Williams being terrible - for someone who reads everything im not sure how u missed that one. Your barking up the wrong tree guy. I make plenty of positive posts. If you are happy with the state of affairs in all things Redskins world than cheers.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #138
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Jimmy Moreland was playing the boundary Corner position? is that right? I think I saw that with Fabian strictly inside....

Moreland is a baller

Ill say this...Offensively we should be putting up more than 10 points. I don't care who was playing, we should be fundamentally stronger on offense and scoring.

THIS SEASON IS ALL ABOUT THE OFFENSE.

You were talking up Moreland as soon as we drafted him. Definitely nailed that one Chico. Anyway just wanted to post to get that count up! I think im like an mvp status or something! Im gonna go rub one out! Yeah!!!
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #139
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

It's inexplicable that some of the receivers didn't play (Docston, P-Rich, etc.) with the amount of competition at this unit. Make everyone EARN it. Watching the replay now. Haskins mobility is a bit better than I imagined which is good.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:39 PM   #140
WillH
The Starter

Honestly, this is way premature, and probably sounds crazy, but watching some of the replays and breakdowns on Haskins, I think it's possible that he could be a starter sooner than I thought, like maybe even week 3-4 timeframe.

Well, maybe what I mean is, he's so much more talented than Colt and Case, and maybe at week 3-4 Haskins with a watered down offense gives this team the best chance to win this year even. That is, if he starts early enough and has time to develop through experience and pickup more of the playbook as he goes, maybe they could have a better year than with either Case or Colt.

Dude has a rocket, did you see the velocity of the ball he through when he scrambled? That was a difficult but catchable ball, and it was beautifully thrown. He was poised, he wasn't flustered being flushed out of the pocket and pursued. He was just looking downfield to make a play, and threw an absolute laser 30 yards on a dime while back pedaling. There aren't many QBs that could do that, and he showed last night that he had the ability to move and extend plays giving him more opportunities to make plays like these.

Wooh, I'm getting excited about this kid. I was not hot on him going into the draft, but I'm at least intrigued by his potential.

Alright, I'm going to come back down into reality now. Dude still has a ways to go... 2 picks, rookie mistakes, has to reign that in. He also can't screw up protection calls or he'll get himself killed. So, we'll see...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2019, 06:48 PM   #141
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

You can see Haskins has the talent for sure. Big kid, big arm, goes through his progressions well, etc. Once he gets acclimated to the NFL, gets consistent pass protection, and receivers that can consistently get separation he will thrive. Those are some ifs at this point though, that hopefully become reality sooner rather than later.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #142
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
You can see Haskins has the talent for sure. Big kid, big arm, goes through his progressions well, etc. Once he gets acclimated to the NFL, gets consistent pass protection, and receivers that can consistently get separation he will thrive. Those are some ifs at this point though, that hopefully become reality sooner rather than later.
Yeah, a healthy Reed, Richardson, Thompson, Guice, Peterson, McLauren, Davis, and Quinn looks pretty interesting... but the line is key and the health overall... those are some ifs.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:05 PM   #143
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Yeah, a healthy Reed, Richardson, Thompson, Guice, Peterson, McLauren, Davis, and Quinn looks pretty interesting... but the line is key and the health overall... those are some ifs.

Agreed. We know the 2nd oline is iffy. Confirmed last night. Let's let the real 1st team get some reps. Has Flowers been cut yet? I'd be on the wire real quick looking for oline talent.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #144
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You were talking up Moreland as soon as we drafted him. Definitely nailed that one Chico. Anyway just wanted to post to get that count up! I think im like an mvp status or something! Im gonna go rub one out! Yeah!!!
Like I said awhile back, he will be our Gary Clark of the D. Browns spent a number 1 on Greedy Williams, we spent a 7th on Moreland who I think will be a superstar. Just watch the end zone series, he was involved in 3 straight plays where he prevented a TD 3 straight times.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #145
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Like I said awhile back, he will be our Gary Clark of the D. Browns spent a number 1 on Greedy Williams, we spent a 7th on Moreland who I think will be a superstar. Just watch the end zone series, he was involved in 3 straight plays where he prevented a TD 3 straight times.
Love the Gary Clark defense analogy! Very excited about Moreland and his prospects here. Clearly a talented player.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:41 PM   #146
Warthog
The Starter

Skins @ Browns PS WK 1

I like the UDFA and 7 round draft picks who come onto the team and light it up through guts, determination and playing ability. Players like Moreland and Quinn

I hate the first or second rounders who the team keeps because of “potential” and because the team doesn’t want to admit they made a draft mistake. Doctson

I can’t figure out why Gruden has this man-love for Perrine. He averaged a mediocre 2.2 yards per play in the PS game 1. He missed a straight ahead block on a pass rusher and Haskins gets a hard sack because Perrine can’t block. I’ve never been impressed with him as a RB. I know he can lift more weight in the gym than an OL player. Who cares? We’ve wasted enough time on him, give another RB a chance and reps. Give Marshall or Love (still recovering from college injury) his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 08-12-2019 at 11:20 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote