Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Defense = Disappointment

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-13-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Defense = Disappointment

The defense by in large was a disappointment. I saw really nothing from AH but a few plays. I saw him on the ground in the first half faking hurt but was really tired. I am sure I am not the only one that saw this. I think Orakpo needs to go to the D-Line fulltime. Also use Jarmon. Phillip Daniel keeps getting burned on outside run plays because he is too slow (and old).

Deangelo..Deangelo. From the NFL Network interview I would have thought that he would be "somewhat" on his game. When he got burned in that NE preseason game by Moss twice. i am like it is Moss and Brady. But now I am beginning to think that he just sucks. Another thing I always say is why are they playing so far off receivers. I am like if they show the TV screen pre-snap and your not in it (widescreen at that..lol). I think that you are too far off the WRs. Ever heard of bump and run?

Discipline. We made a lot of mental mistakes. Offsides mainly. But the penalties have to stop on defense. Our D played good at times. But over all. I want to see them get to the QB more.
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Defense = Disappointment

Didn't see much QB pressure from our DE's.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Nope -- apart from the blitz by Alexander and Fletcher which cause Eli's fumble, and one other time by Daniels/Golston, Eli had all day to throw. The QB pressure our front four was able to generate was a complete disappointment.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
saden1
MVP

No real QB pressure even with Fat Albert demanding two o-linemen. Terrible defensive back play...too many soft zones and no adjustments by the coaches. Freshmen WR beat our veteran DBs...so sad.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #5
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
No real QB pressure even with Fat Albert demanding two o-linemen. Terrible defensive back play...too many soft zones and no adjustments by the coaches. Freshmen WR beat our veteran DBs...so sad.
Totally dude!
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
We need to put Jarmon and Orakpo on the d-line. There is no use in bringing AH in to draw double teams if the edge rushers are too old or slow to get to the QB. Hmmm.....
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
jdot26
Camp Scrub

I really don't like blache.. everybody think he's a good dc.. but he never brings pressure and corners be 10 yards away from the wideouts he has to play bump and bring heat up the middel or we are going to ate up all day.. that's the only reason d hall look so bad.. because he was so far off the wideout.. I just don't like are scheme at all on defense.. if we don't do any changes then we are really in for a long season
jdot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #8
GTripp0012
Living Legend

The Giants did not put two lineman on Haynesworth. They blocked him with one most of the night, and if he made a good move, they just held him. I think they got called only once.

You'll have officiating crews that flag the offensive line basically every play, and others who will allow the jersey tugging. You can't count on a consistent pass rush no matter how improved your talent level is. The secondary has to pull its weight.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #9
Longtimefan
Playmaker

The defense did have it's share of difficulties today, espically on third down. I agree with the majority of what you have to say, espically when it comes to individual performances. There are definitely some things they need to improve upon including discipline.

However, I think the biggest hurdle this team has to overcome is it's inability to score points. It's a problem we've had for several years now. All during Joe Gibbs-2 we had the same problem. We can't score points because we can't sustain offense. I said it at least three times today in the game-thread, we just cannot keep drives going, and there are several reasons for it, much of which has to do with penalties and missed assignments. Until we can correct the mistakes, we'll continue to suffer through close games against teams we should not struggle with.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
RMSkins
The Starter

I wouldn't mind seeing Kareem Moore take some of Landry's snaps at FS.
RMSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Well, it's really obvious that the biggest problem for this team today was the defense. Any discussion of why we lost has to start with the defense not being able to get off the field. Two turnovers is good. Andre Carter and LaRon Landry each made a play. So far, we're creating the big plays.

But it's going to be tough to get off the field all year with Smoot and Hall. We had trouble getting off the field at the end of last year, and that was when we had Shawn Springs in the starting lineup.

No one is going to throw at Carlos Rogers this year, so we might need to get in the market for a cover corner.

I thought Rocky Mac played a really good game today. But when we start 3 guys who can't play man coverage on defense, we might have to go zone. It doesn't seem like we have a choice.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #12
GTripp0012
Living Legend

On the bright side, only one TD against is promising. But even then, the Giants offense didn't do anything to earn that TD. We should have kept them in single digits, to be honest.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
wilsowilso

Where was Orakpo?
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Where was Orakpo?
Playing the wrong position.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 PM   #15
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Agian, they only allowed 16 points
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote