Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Can I Be a Skins Fan and a Ray Lewis Fan?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
redsk1
The Starter

Can I Be a Skins Fan and a Ray Lewis Fan?

I used to hate Ray Lewis. I hated his pregame "show" and I hated the fact he played for the Ravens. I hated his involvement-noninvolvement in the murder in Atlanta. The Ravens, I disliked even more. Maybe it's b/c they are just down the road. I don't know. I just disliked the Ravens. The no offense whatsoever Ravens.

I'm wavering a little in my hatred, if fact, I think I've become a bit of a fan. The guy is just amazing. Perhaps, the greatest football player of this generation. I could go on and on about his individual performance which I won't. I do want to mention his leadership. What other player on any team means so much to their team. Yes, you could mention some QB's like Manning, Brady, maybe Brees as of late. What defensive players?

It seems as if he's turned his life around as well. I don't follow him too closely but it seems as if that's the case.

Ray Lewis. No matter the coach. No matter what players come or go there's one constant....Ray Lewis. Year in and year out if he's playing, they are unbelievable. They gave up some points yesterday but there's no shame in giving it up to Brady and co. The guy has been playing for a long time now, and is there any let up? No. Damn he's good and damn they are a good team.

The Raven's in general...i kind of respect them and there organization. I hate to admit it. It took awhile, but i think they've got an offense now and that's scary. FA's leave and they plug in the next guy. Offseason acquisitions? I can't remember any. Note to Dan Snyder, look at what the Ravens are doing. Do something similar. Look at their organization and look at who's doing what. Talk to some folks. Same thing w/ the NYGiants, Steelers, the Pats...do what they do.

Anyways, are you guys a fan of Ray Lewis? Is he the greatest player of this generation?

I especially liked his postgame comments yesterday.

Ravens' Lewis revolts against 'embarrassing' protection of QBs - NFL - CBSSports.com Football
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
wolfeskins
The Starter

Re: Can I Be a Skins Fan and a Ray Lewis Fan?

No no no
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #3
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I thought his and most of the ravens' post game comments yesterday came across as whining. It seems like that's their MO when they lose, blame the officials. Did they bitch about the refs not calling them for delay of game when they beat the Titans in the playoffs last year? No, they probably just chalked it up to human error and gladly accepted the win.

Yes, Ray Lewis is an amazing football player, and I suppose he does a good job of motivating his teammates but he annoys the hell out of me for his bitching when things don't go his way and the amount of trash he talks when things do. Plus, there was that whole murder thing.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
freddyg12
Playmaker

wow, this is a serious digression from all the boos at fedex!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

That pretty much means you support all which is good and right, while supporting murder.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
That pretty much means you support all which is good and right, while supporting murder.
This was still the biggest joke in the history of mass media:
Old 10-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
firstdown
Living Legend

Sounds like your posting on wrong board.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post
I used to hate Ray Lewis. I hated his pregame "show" and I hated the fact he played for the Ravens. I hated his involvement-noninvolvement in the murder in Atlanta. The Ravens, I disliked even more. Maybe it's b/c they are just down the road. I don't know. I just disliked the Ravens. The no offense whatsoever Ravens.

I'm wavering a little in my hatred, if fact, I think I've become a bit of a fan. The guy is just amazing. Perhaps, the greatest football player of this generation. I could go on and on about his individual performance which I won't. I do want to mention his leadership. What other player on any team means so much to their team. Yes, you could mention some QB's like Manning, Brady, maybe Brees as of late. What defensive players?

It seems as if he's turned his life around as well. I don't follow him too closely but it seems as if that's the case.

Ray Lewis. No matter the coach. No matter what players come or go there's one constant....Ray Lewis. Year in and year out if he's playing, they are unbelievable. They gave up some points yesterday but there's no shame in giving it up to Brady and co. The guy has been playing for a long time now, and is there any let up? No. Damn he's good and damn they are a good team.

The Raven's in general...i kind of respect them and there organization. I hate to admit it. It took awhile, but i think they've got an offense now and that's scary. FA's leave and they plug in the next guy. Offseason acquisitions? I can't remember any. Note to Dan Snyder, look at what the Ravens are doing. Do something similar. Look at their organization and look at who's doing what. Talk to some folks. Same thing w/ the NYGiants, Steelers, the Pats...do what they do.

Anyways, are you guys a fan of Ray Lewis? Is he the greatest player of this generation?

I especially liked his postgame comments yesterday.

Ravens' Lewis revolts against 'embarrassing' protection of QBs - NFL - CBSSports.com Football
I don't know? Can you be a Vick fan and a dog lover too?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
redsk1
The Starter

Don't revoke my 25 year Skins Fan License!

I'm not a Ravens fan at all but I've grown to respect the "way" the Raven's handle their FO and I seem to have lightened on my Ray Lewis hate. I haven't done my due diligence on the murder case in awhile, but it's obvious at the very least he hung w/ the wrong crowd and lied about it to the police. I'm not forgiving that in the least, but it would seem that he's improved his personal life and who he hangs out with.

As a player, the dude comes to play and motivates his teamates beyond what I've ever seen.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
This was still the biggest joke in the history of mass media:
Yeah, that's a little overboard.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
over the mountain
Playmaker

you gotta give the ravens credit. they lose pro bowl players to FA (adalius thomas, boulware?) and replace with guys in-house who become pro bowlers (bart scott).

shoot they lose one of the best D coordinators in the game, replace him with their lb coach and seem to not skip a beat (thoo they have given up some pts their D is still a wrecking ball for TOs).

gotta give credit where it is due. ravens organization top to bottom seems top notch.

go skins!!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
saden1
MVP

I'm a Payton Manning fan when he isn't playing the Skins...what an amazing football player.

Yeah, it's OK to be a Ray Lewis fan...I won't hold it against you.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Ray Lewis...Bah.

Be a London Fletcher fan.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Man, like whoever you want to. Just because you enjoy watching elite players on other teams play, that doesn't dilute your Redskins fandom.

Some of my favorite players to watch over the past 15 years (Lewis, Manning, Montana, Rice, R. Moss, E. Reed, Fitzgerald, Lott, L. Tomlinson, B. Sanders) have been on other teams. I really don't enjoy watching players in the division but I am an unapologetic Deion fan. Say what you want, he was the most entertaining player in the game.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

You can be whatever you want. I'm pretty sure all of us here root for players that play for other teams so long as they're not competing against the Skins weather it be an actual game or vying for a playoff spot. Of course the funny thing with the playoff spot scenario is that a lot of guys will say something like "I want their whole team to suck except for 'X' player."

Besides maybe it's just me but I don't really consider the Ravens a rival. Maybe it's different for a lot of you guys living in Maryland since you have contact with Ravens fans on a daily basis but for me they're just another local team that will probably always be #2 in my heart. And I say probably because the depths on my sanity have only been partially tested by Snyder.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote