NFC East Champs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 12:54 AM   #31
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: NFC East Champs

Post game speech:

https://fb.watch/2OpKIhJsir/

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2021, 12:56 AM   #32
Warthog
The Starter

Embarrassing. We will get crushed next game against Tampa. Tom Brady will crucify this defense. Doug Peterson handed us that game on a platter. Not kicking a FG and putting in some third string QB, who committed two turnovers, will not happen in the playoffs.

Yes, Alex Smith is 5-1. But the Alex Smith today is a shadow of what he was before the injury to his calf. He is almost totally immobile. He was sometimes inaccurate - because he may have problem setting his foot now? I’m not sure I can remember a QB with so little ability to avoid a pass rush. The mistake the Eagles made was just to rush 4 in the first half. But once they started constantly blitzing in the second half, Alex was totally neutralized. Guess what the Bucs are going to do to him from the first play??

I was wondering whether Rivera would keep Smith in regardless of how far the team got behind. Alex Smith had 2 INT and almost a fumble. Some will argue that the first INT was a miracle catch. But the overthrow to McKissic almost was an INT.

In the Panthers game, he left Haskins in, even though he was playing poorly. Heinickle was unable to bring the team back from that far back and just 9 minutes to go. How far will we get behind and with very limited Alex Smith production because of blitzing, before Heinickle gets a chance to try to win?

My prediction is that we will lose by over 20 points to the Bucs. I absolutely hope I am wrong, and everyone here can pile on me for being a pessimist. But Alex Smith is maybe at 60% of the very good QB who replaced Allen and who helped us beat Pittsburg and the others. He can barely take even a couple steps now, and blitzing exposed his immobility. He is also somewhat inaccurate, unless he goes to the dink and dunk, like he did in the second half.

I hope Rivera will at least give Heinickle a decent amount of time if we get far behind. But I doubt it.

Also, the team ABSOLUTELY needs to draft a QB in the draft at our first pick. Smith is not even a short term answer as a starter. Beat me up now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:57 AM   #33
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Awesome! Rivera is the man.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:58 AM   #34
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Embarrassing. We will get crushed next game against Tampa. Tom Brady will crucify this defense. Doug Peterson handed us that game on a platter. Not kicking a FG and putting in some third string QB, who committed two turnovers, will not happen in the playoffs.

Yes, Alex Smith is 5-1. But the Alex Smith today is a shadow of what he was before the injury to his calf. He is almost totally immobile. He was sometimes inaccurate - because he may have problem setting his foot now? I’m not sure I can remember a QB with so little ability to avoid a pass rush. The mistake the Eagles made was just to rush 4 in the first half. But once they started constantly blitzing in the second half, Alex was totally neutralized. Guess what the Bucs are going to do to him from the first play??

I was wondering whether Rivera would keep Smith in regardless of how far the team got behind. Alex Smith had 2 INT and almost a fumble. Some will argue that the first INT was a miracle catch. But the overthrow to McKissic almost was an INT.

In the Panthers game, he left Haskins in, even though he was playing poorly. Heinickle was unable to bring the team back from that far back and just 9 minutes to go. How far will we get behind and with very limited Alex Smith production because of blitzing, before Heinickle gets a chance to try to win?

My prediction is that we will lose by over 20 points to the Bucs. I absolutely hope I am wrong, and everyone here can pile on me for being a pessimist. But Alex Smith is maybe at 60% of the very good QB who replaced Allen and who helped us beat Pittsburg and the others. He can barely take even a couple steps now, and blitzing exposed his immobility. He is also somewhat inaccurate, unless he goes to the dink and dunk, like he did in the second half.

I hope Rivera will at least give Heinickle a decent amount of time if we get far behind. But I doubt it.

Also, the team ABSOLUTELY needs to draft a QB in the draft at our first pick. Smith is not even a short term answer as a starter. Beat me up now!!

No we won't!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-04-2021, 01:04 AM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
At the beginning of the season I said playoffs while everyone laughed. Yes, we played like shit, the slippery field didn't help Smith plus rustiness. I can see a better game coming against The GOAT as he is not as mobile Hurts.
Let's be honest, when you said playoffs you weren't thinking "The NFC East is so terrible a 7-9 team will win the division."

Because if one team in this division was even average this year, they would've won.

Not gonna take anything away from the win, tonight or winning the division, congrats to the squad and hopefully this is the start of something great. But let's not pretend this team is a contender. If the Bucs can force Alex to move around and not set his feet, it will be a long game.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:05 AM   #36
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

After playing Dallas Ron Rivera is a fucking genius, during the Philly game thread Ron Rivera is a fucking idiot, pull Smith!
At this point I’m not sure if Ron is a good coach or not,he didn’t pull Haskins last week when He should I have and he didn’t pull Smith tonight when he should have.
And I don’t know why a lot of people are mad at Philly, they leave Hurts in and most likely we lose, they gave us a present, accept it and shut the fuck up.
I said 3or 4 days ago And repeated during the game thread,Rivera Would stick with Smith and not pull him, thank God Philly gave us that present because it was obvious to everyone in the fucking world except Rivera that Smith was playing on one leg.
Tampa Bay can be beat, they are one and five against winning teams this year, but we don’t stand a chance with a one legged quarterback but that’s what it’s going to be, Rivera will start him for sure.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:08 AM   #37
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Let's be honest, when you said playoffs you weren't thinking "The NFC East is so terrible a 7-9 team will win the division."

Because if one team in this division was even average this year, they would've won.

Not gonna take anything away from the win, tonight or winning the division, congrats to the squad and hopefully this is the start of something great. But let's not pretend this team is a contender. If the Bucs can force Alex to move around and not set his feet, it will be a long game.
It is a contender, Smith hasn't been the same since his calf injury and is rusty. We could have won more games earlier this season, at least 2-3. I like our chances against TB.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-04-2021, 01:11 AM   #38
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
No we won't!!

I look at this team with rose colored glasses. But we are facing the best QB of all time. Not an inexperienced QB with a beat up OL, followed by a THIRD STRING QB, who has played 4 games in four years.

Brady has a very fast release, which limits the pass rush. There were guys open, it’s just Hurt and then the other guy couldn’t get it to them.

But our defense is very, very good. Unfortunately, our secondary has some holes, that’s why Del Rio hardly ever blitzes. The issue is that Alex Smith is playing hurt and the Eagles just showed everyone how to stop him.

Alex Smith has made a super amazing recovery and got us here. But he is very limited and no one is going to hand us a victory past this point, like Peterson did.
IMO, we can’t win with him as QB. I hope he proves me dead wrong!!

Flyboy.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:18 AM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

We have the worst fans
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:22 AM   #40
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
It is a contender, Smith hasn't been the same since his calf injury and is rusty. We could have won more games earlier this season, at least 2-3. I like our chances against TB.

If Rivera had pulled Haskins earlier and put Allen /Smith in quicker then we definitely would win a couple more games.

But football is not for sentimental people. You put in the best person. If you tell me that Alex Smith, with almost no mobility and some inaccuracy, due to his injury, is hands down better than Heinickle, then I must respectfully disagree.

We just saw what happened when a HC “rewarded” a long and faithful backup with a quarter of play in a meaningless game (to them). They lost. Smith got us here, but putting him in will likely cause us to lose this next game and/or he will be hurt.

Flyboy.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:35 AM   #41
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

As of today:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...n-updated/amp/

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 01-04-2021, 01:43 AM   #42
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
We have the worst fans

Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t mean I’m a traitor to the team or a shitte fan. Nor would I say anything about you, simply because we did disagree.

If we had won this game fair and square, I’d be Uber happy! Very excited. I LOVE To beat the Eagles, because I live in Philly myself. I’ve gone to many games here in the Lincoln Center and at the VET. - always wearing Redskin gear AND usually with signs. Their fans are drunk, rude and obnoxious. One game I even got into the WP with a big picture of me and my daughter holding REDSKINS signs.

But this game is different because their HC gave us the game. Otherwise we probably have lost.

In war you do anything to win and I did.

Sometimes in sports you play well and you’re just not lucky. But getting a gift from another coach cheapens the win. Would you be happy if we won every game in a season, up to and including the SB, if each HC put in his worst players? I get the impression that Rivera with leave Smith in whether he’s playing well or not; whether we can win with him or not.

So Ruhskins, Why don’t you go on and insult me again and call me disloyal and a lousy fan? How many times have you come up to Philly and faced their nasty ass fans?

Flyboy.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:06 AM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If Hurts played all game, we still could've won. And I was confident we would've won.

But bringing in Sudfeld was a blatant forfeit.

Punch made a good point in the GameDay thread, teams get screwed when top seeds rest/lose on purpose. And I agree.

This was a bit different though imo, what are Eagles resting for? Specifically, Hurts needed rest? Yeah, he must've been whooped from playing in 3 or 4 games this season. Resting is for winners. Eagles are losers.

Resting to try and win a SB is a bit different than clearly tanking.

It took enjoyment off of us winning. And I'm probably dumb for giving af about how we made the playoffs, but the Eagles HC and/or management grinded my gears tonight.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:16 AM   #44
calia
Playmaker

NFC East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
This is so good.

I could watch that all day. I even liked Stephen A Smith trolling the cowpukes. Good day all around.

Old 01-04-2021, 02:21 AM   #45
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Tampa is better than us. But our team strength matches up well against Brady. The Pats lost against the Gmen due to similar things we can do. Pressure, pressure, and more pressure. And then some more pressure. Put his dick in the dirt. No more sex with Giselle.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote