Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 26,149
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Sweat played 51 total snaps in Week 1, splitting time almost evenly between run defense (24 snaps) and the pass-rush (23 snaps). He recorded one quarterback hurry on the day, but he made his presence felt in the run game, ending the contest with three defensive stops against a relatively formidable rushing attack.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #32
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,172
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
How do you think O’Connell is doing as the OC?

Do you think Gruden took over the play calling in the second half of the Eagles game? Many of the second half play calls were very Gruden-like. Predictable runs on first down, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
couple things about the passing game...first Cooley confirmed that the skins weren't using the formation tendencies that was a big issue last year. They were running multiple things from the same looks-running and passing. Another thing new, they spread the ball around. Look at the number of receivers involved...that is not by accident. Playaction was back...they got some nice gains with it.

One thing that I really like with the passing game, Keenum's vision seemed better than alex...now that may be scheme too. But Keenum was going through progressions quickly and looked to pass deep first.

One thing with Jay, he still coming out and running too much on first down. He needs to mix it up there.
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #33
GridIron26
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,013
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
How do you think O’Connell is doing as the OC?

Do you think Gruden took over the play calling in the second half of the Eagles game? Many of the second half play calls were very Gruden-like. Predictable runs on first down, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know who called Offense plays?
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #34
FWD Skins
Impact Rookie
 
FWD Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 523
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Skins are going to get destroyed by at least 5 TDs.
FWD Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,676
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWD Skins View Post
Skins are going to get destroyed by at least 5 TDs.
I'm pretty sure people were saying the same thing about the Iggles game. We just got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and couldn't come back.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #36
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 338
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
couple things about the passing game...first Cooley confirmed that the skins weren't using the formation tendencies that was a big issue last year. They were running multiple things from the same looks-running and passing. Another thing new, they spread the ball around. Look at the number of receivers involved...that is not by accident. Playaction was back...they got some nice gains with it.



One thing that I really like with the passing game, Keenum's vision seemed better than alex...now that may be scheme too. But Keenum was going through progressions quickly and looked to pass deep first.



One thing with Jay, he still coming out and running too much on first down. He needs to mix it up there.


Do you think the play action changes this year were because of O’Connell or Jay?

Yeah the Gruden playcalling is to always run on first down. Then when he has a lead, he runs on second down -forcing a third and long pass. All super-predictable and very unsuccessful.

If O’Connell has success as the OC I give him a good chance to replace Gruden next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #37
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 23,172
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Do you think the play action changes this year were because of O’Connell or Jay?

Yeah the Gruden playcalling is to always run on first down. Then when he has a lead, he runs on second down -forcing a third and long pass. All super-predictable and very unsuccessful.

If O’Connell has success as the OC I give him a good chance to replace Gruden next year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keim had a couple nice tweets today talking play design in the passing game...being able to create space in zones and Case picking it apart.

I don't know who responsible for play action game, but it was lacking last year...its back now
__________________
Jason Witten on Cam Newton: "One of the best things he does is run after catch."
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #38
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,018
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

This game is going to be a major embarrassment on various level for this organization. The Skins are never going to be in this game like they were in Philly and even worse, it will seem like a home game for Dallas.

Fan attendance at home will only go downhill from this point on. Its sad how far this organization has fallen.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #39
kct1975
The Starter
 
kct1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,492
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I remember when the Redskins games were sold out and there was a huge waiting list for a ticket. You’d see an occasional Cowboy fan and they’d sit quietly while every Redskins fan shouted to support the team. The Redskins-Cowboy game meant something and was a big deal.

It’s amazing how badly Dan Snyder has trashed this franchise. No one on the Redskins even pretends this game against Dallas means anything. Home field advantage means nothing. We don’t even come close to selling out the opening game, much less others. Tens of thousands of opposing fans show up EVERY game. Since I live near Philly, I just want our newer Redskins fans to know that the game situation since Snyder took over IS NOT NORMAL.

Most NFL teams sell out most or all their games. Not us. Most NFL teams have some opposing team fans, not tens of thousands of rabid fans who sometimes appear to outnumber our own. Not us. Most NFL teams have nice, modern stadiums with food and drink items at reasonable prices. Not us. Fans in other teams bring signs to support their team (they even allow opposing fans to have signs). No us.

I hope I’m still alive to see when the Black Plague of the Redskins franchise, Dan Snyder, sells the team. I’d like to go to a Redskin’s game and see happy fans root for a fun and winning team. Dan Snyder claims to be the greatest Redskins fan. If he truly was a real fan, he’d realize how he has brought down this team in every way possible. He’d sell it to someone who cares about the franchise, not just as his personal play toy. Rant complete.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree with everything you said!

I too remember the Glory Days of the Joe Gibbs Era and the Super Bowls.

The Redskins Franchise is in Really Sad Shape!

I too hope to live to see the Redskins out from under the ownership of Dan Synder.

I actually ordered, and wear the t-shirt below...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
__________________
KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"
kct1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #40
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 13,138
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Dallas will win one way or another because we will lose one way or another....I aint even watching. I want to say I will watch again when this staff is gone but what hope on Gods green Earth is there that Burns and Smithers will get a crew in here that is any better ?
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #41
Warthog
Special Teams
 
Warthog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Doylestown, PA
Posts: 338
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
I completely agree with everything you said!

I too remember the Glory Days of the Joe Gibbs Era and the Super Bowls.

The Redskins Franchise is in Really Sad Shape!

I too hope to live to see the Redskins out from under the ownership of Dan Synder.

I actually ordered, and wear the t-shirt below...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk


I wonder if they would allow you to wear that at the stadium. Probably not - falls under the “no posters in Fed ex”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Four Combat Tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #42
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 698
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Dallas will win one way or another because we will lose one way or another....I aint even watching. I want to say I will watch again when this staff is gone but what hope on Gods green Earth is there that Burns and Smithers will get a crew in here that is any better ?
I feel the same way ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #43
Giantone
Franchise Player
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,391
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Because the Redskins do shit like this, we somehow win. I have ZERO rhyme or reason and it SHOULDN'T happen, but that's the type of shit they do only to lay an egg against the Giants when they play them.
...........it's the NFC East, it's the way it works there is no reasoning to it.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #44
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 11,231
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

I say start McLaurin and Harmon at WR instead of Richardson.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,676
Re: Predictions on Game 2: Dallas week!

There's no way in hell we are winning on Sunday with Shawn f*cking Hochuli officiating the game.

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/s...29886869020673

Is this some f*cking setup by the NFL? Do they want the Cowboys to be 2-0 that badly?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.15788 seconds with 12 queries