Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-30-2018, 04:24 PM   #31
los panda
Pro Bowl

Re: Redskins trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I think we should all take this time to sit and reflect on just how badly the Cowboys got fleeced on their trade. Seeing all these deals being made with top notch players for 3rd and 4th rounders. It warms my heart.
lol I wanted to do backflip when I saw what they did. I still lol about it every time I think about it.

Advertisements
Old 10-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #32
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Wow. Totally psyched.

We are 5 and 2. 5 and freakin' 2!!

And we just schooled Green Bay in a trade?!?

Whoever said Halloween Twilight Zone shit is dead on the money.

Let's go Skins! And F*** the Cowboys!
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #33
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

I am still pinching myself. With Dix and DJS, we will have a lot of flexibility. If the DB's get on the same page quickly, this just became a bigly good D.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #34
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Woooooooowww!!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #35
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
lol I wanted to do backflip when I saw what they did. I still lol about it every time I think about it.
I can't wait for Cooper to see that he's gone from an overrated QB to a REALLY overrated QB.

Back to this move, it's hard not to like it. I was hoping Monte could really live up to the pre-season praise he got from Jay and others, but he hasn't yet. Not saying her won't, but this is an upgrade. And it seems a good deal.

As far as next year goes, this may be a short term rental -- per ESPN:

Clinton-Dix, 25, has been a starter since his rookie season in 2014, but he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season. He was a first-round draft pick and made the Pro Bowl in 2016.... If [he] signs a big free agent contract this offseason, the Redskins will get a compensatory pick in 2020.

Who gets axed for this I wonder?
Old 10-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #36
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Not sure if his 5th year option is transferrable to the new team (us) but if it is, he'll only cost ~$6M against the CAP next season. Tremendous value and Kudos to the #Redskins for pulling this off
I thought this was his 5th year?
Old 10-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #37
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I guess it strengthens our backend for the Atlanta game. Lots of Safety help everywhere.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:41 PM   #38
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I was expecting them to give up a 3rd at the least. A 4th is outstanding. The only thing I wonder is he's a UFA after this year, can we afford him and then re-sign Swearinger the year after? Guess we'll cross that bridge when we have to.
This is my concern. Assuming we plan to resign Clinton-Dix, I wonder if it means we will be ready to move on from Norman. Dunbar is on extremely team-friendly contract and all other CBs are on rookie deals so I think we can afford to resign both Dix and DJ when it comes to that.

I'm definitely surprised by this move but I like it.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #39
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I can't wait for Cooper to see that he's gone from an overrated QB to a REALLY overrated QB.

Back to this move, it's hard not to like it. I was hoping Monte could really live up to the pre-season praise he got from Jay and others, but he hasn't yet. Not saying her won't, but this is an upgrade. And it seems a good deal.

As far as next year goes, this may be a short term rental -- per ESPN:

Clinton-Dix, 25, has been a starter since his rookie season in 2014, but he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season. He was a first-round draft pick and made the Pro Bowl in 2016.... If [he] signs a big free agent contract this offseason, the Redskins will get a compensatory pick in 2020.

Who gets axed for this I wonder?

Very well could be short term rental situation, but ... it gives us options at the very least. And a compensatory pick should he sign elsewhere, which may be fine with us ... hoping Monte continues to improve, growing into that spot.

Can't be anything but pumped about this.

We're acting like a real, honest to goodness, pro football franchise. Feels weird, but good!
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #40
calia
Playmaker

It sure counters the WRs that just came into our division (Cooper and Tate).
Old 10-30-2018, 04:44 PM   #41
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
This is my concern. Assuming we plan to resign Clinton-Dix, I wonder if it means we will be ready to move on from Norman. Dunbar is on extremely team-friendly contract and all other CBs are on rookie deals so I think we can afford to resign both Dix and DJ when it comes to that.

I'm definitely surprised by this move but I like it.
I don't think Norman stays after this season. I'd like him to, with a pay cut, but I don't see it.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #42
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

https://www.instagram.com/jungleboi_swaggg/

guess they respect each other...
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #43
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Although I still like the trade, a lot, it appears Green Bay was not expecting more than a 4th for him if he left in free agency next year. Also, they had all sorts of concerns about his play and locker room attitude.

Quote:
Clinton-Dix was far from fine a year ago.

Clinton Dix finished second on the Packers with 13 missed tackles after missing just three in 2016. He was also a disappointing fifth among Green Bay’s six safeties in tackles per snap with one every 12.2.

Clinton-Dix was asked to wear the defensive helmet headset and communicate calls to his teammates when fellow safety Morgan Burnett missed a Week 7 game against New Orleans. That experiment was a disaster as the Packers had communication breakdowns throughout the game.

Perhaps most galling, though, was Clinton-Dix’s performance in the regular season finale at Detroit. At best, Clinton-Dix’s effort was half-hearted in a game that had no playoff implications. At worst, Clinton-Dix could be accused of quitting on his team and simply trying to avoid injury.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreis.../#72b0731c6c17

Quote:
Even through all of that, Clinton-Dix had an opportunity to anchor the position. Unfortunately, he’s been the biggest mess of them all.

Clinton-Dix, who recently said he doesn’t think he’ll be back in Green Bay next season, has been in a downward spiral over the past two seasons. He consistently plays out of control, doesn’t want to tackle anybody and is often out of position in pass coverage which leads to wide open players in the end zone.

On Monday, Clinton Dix had this to say about his time in Green Bay: “Right now, I’m playing each and every gam like it’s my last. I don’t think I’m going to be here next year. That’s how I look at it. I just (have to) be honest with myself. You’ve got to play it game-by-game. Whether we’re losing by 60 points, you’ve got to go out there and perform. This is my biggest interview of my career.”

That type of individual mindset is absolutely horrible for the locker room and something the Packers tried to get rid of when they traded Damarius Randall in the offseason. With free agency obviously on the forefront of Clinton-Dix’ mind, the Packers should make the move first and trade him.
https://dairylandexpress.com/2018/10...-dix-deadline/

On the other hand, Dix's words don't reflect the dissatisfaction that GBay seemed to have with him:

Quote:
“I like [defensive coordinator] Mike Pettine a lot. He’s given me a chance to fly around and make plays,” Clinton-Dix said. “When guys are doing what they’re asked to do, we don’t look too bad out there. There are little mistakes we make, but other that, we’re all having fun out there and once we all get in a rhythm and start catching interceptions, it’s only going to bring us together. I’m actually having fun — regardless of what the record says — because of the defense and the way it is right now. We’re going to get better. Once we get rolling, we’re going to be hard to stop, if you ask me.”
https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...ha-clinton-dix

I think, when he gets into the locker room with DJS and the 'Bama boys, he will fit in just fine. I still think, if they use him right, he and DJS could be real ballhawks. However, given the communication concerns already existing in the secondary, it is important that he plays well with others.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I've never really a fan of trading for a guy mid season. Is Dix really going to make a serious impact on our defense coming in mid season? I've seen Dix struggle here and there when watching Packer games. The fact that they gave up on him mid season tells you something. They didn't feel like they could resign him, or didn't think he was worth it. Also, and this is just my .2, I don't agree with investing a lot of $ in the safety position. I'll take the wait and see approach.
skinsfan69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:58 PM   #45
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Holy shit. Love this move.