Week 1 - Post-game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #31
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Week 1 - Post-game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Herbert is a fucking boss. He puts the ball right where it needs to be.

That being said, our defense is WAY OVERRATED. Dudes were just wide ass open. And when they weren't, Herbert threw great balls, and their WRs were just tougher than our DBs.

If you want to score just keep throwing the ball against us.

Gibson looked good, but if you can't protect the ball, you can't play. 2 fumbles is unacceptable. The 2nd, being a backbreaker after a great pick by Jackson.

Juste was right on top of guys, just couldn't finish. I'm excited about him.
Herbert made some great throws but that is cause no one touched him all game long. Meanwhile they knocked our QB out of the game.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I couldn’t be more disappointed in our Oline and dline play.

Got handled in the trenches
This
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

There was a lot to not like today, but but I'm not going to overreact. It's one game out of 17, against a really good AFC opponent. They have a great chance of actually winning that division over the Chiefs in my opinion.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #34
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Disappointing loss for sure but I’m not as down on our defense as some here seem to be.

Herbert is legit and puts pressure on any defense. Chargers also ran 79 plays vs. our 48, in the first game of the year. Defense was gassed by the end of it.

Offense seemed a bit stagnant at times but I felt moved better with Heinecke. Whether or not Fitz would have settled in and picked up his play is unknown.

Short week coming up but hopefully this serves as a wake up call and we can finally give Danny Dimes his first loss against us.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #35
rocnrik
Playmaker

This all starts with somebody in this organization understanding that the QB is the most important player in the game .. we enter the draft and it’s like we are good at that position.. uh , no we are not .. How many number one picks on our D ? And it was bad today .. every damn one of those picks could have gotten us a QB .. With our Current QB situation we all knew that our D would have to be elite to have a chance at winning the weakest division in football.. well elite it’s not .. so where are we now .. since I didn’t predict a record I will now 6-11
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:11 PM   #36
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There was a lot to not like today, but but I'm not going to overreact. It's one game out of 17, against a really good AFC opponent. They have a great chance of actually winning that division over the Chiefs in my opinion.

We still do not have a QB. The offense needs to be able to score more than 16 points. We couldn't score touchdowns in the pre-season and we couldn't today.

The defense held them to 20 points.

They lost the turnover battle, missed a FG, and our stud RB put the ball on the turf twice.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:14 PM   #37
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

I never overreact after Week 1. It's an extension of the preseason IMO. Let's see how things transpire over the next few weeks.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/...706285059?s=21

LMAO

Chargers Twitter has no chill.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:20 PM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I won't care until tomorrow, then we will lose to the Giants again Thursday, and it will perpetuate itself.

P.S. - wow, Falcons you guys suck ass.

There are a handful of teams who have a chance to win it all, there are a handful of teams who are trending in that direction, and than there are teams like us that have zero chance to win it all. I enjoy watching football still, like this Chiefs Browns game. There is no chance I watch two of the worst teams in the league on Thursday. This team has finally sucked the fandom out of the sport. Im all about fantasy, and just watching the best matchups. Who the hell wants to watch Fitzpatrick and Jones “battle” it out? Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #40
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
There are a handful of teams who have a chance to win it all, there are a handful of teams who are trending in that direction, and than there are teams like us that have zero chance to win it all. I enjoy watching football still, like this Chiefs Browns game. There is no chance I watch two of the worst teams in the league on Thursday. This team has finally sucked the fandom out of the sport. Im all about fantasy, and just watching the best matchups. Who the hell wants to watch Fitzpatrick and Jones “battle” it out? Lol
I'll watch but if they lose I won't give a shit
Old 09-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #41
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRedskins View Post
We still do not have a QB. The offense needs to be able to score more than 16 points. We couldn't score touchdowns in the pre-season and we couldn't today.

The defense held them to 20 points.

They lost the turnover battle, missed a FG, and our stud RB put the ball on the turf twice.
The defense arguably held them to 13 points -- the TO on our own 4 yard line was a 7 point gift, basically. But let's not confuse that fact with the defense playing well because they didn't. The 3rd down conversion rate is all you need to look at for confirmation; we were dreadful in that department. The offense didn't help for sure, but Herbert had more than enough time and picked us apart, including on some third and very longs. Overall, it didn't seem that the team was ready for prime time. Not so for the Chargers and their rookie coach and staff who looked more the part than our guys today.

So disappointing. Losing to the Giants and starting 0-2 would be pretty bad. We have a bunch of tough opponents ahead of us, and it's hard to see where our wins will come from. Short week, and a gut check ahead folks. I do hope we bounce back with a strong game on Thursday.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:54 PM   #42
SunnySide
Playmaker

Del Rio with the L
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:59 PM   #43
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Fantasy fucks me just as hard as our team does. I have no reprieve. Are they both 1st world problems? Definitely. Does it just absolutely kill me? Definitely.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:07 PM   #44
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
St Juste wasn't that bad, but he's a rookie and him getting targeted as he was was foreseeable...

Call me arm chair GM all you want, but cutting Moreland didn't look like a good decision today.

Nor did not signing any LB...

And (but that'd be the most logical of the 3) neither did cutting Moses.

Those 3 questionable decisions are already biting us in our asses...

Envoyé de mon SHV48 en utilisant Tapatalk
Couldn’t agree more, getting rid of Moreland and Moses was a bad idea. I think it’s Ron trying to get rid of the previous regime holdovers which in this case was dumb.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #45
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I’m not surprised at all by this loss,Not happy about it but not in the least bit surprised.
The thing that pisses me off the most is Rivera wanting to go back to Fitz! Why! He didn’t look good in preseason, he sucked today,meanwhile Heiney comes in and sparks the team. And the way the off line is blocking we need somebody back there that can scramble.WTF is wrong with you Rivera? Wise the f up man