#2 WR Position

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: #2 WR Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Taylor is God
The draft is weak at WR and we pick 53 overall. who do you see us getting there or later?

Yeah but remember, Chad Johnson, A. Boldin, Chris Chambers, L. Coles, Randle El, J. Porter, S. Smith, H. Ward are all guys that slipped into the 2nd and 3rd round of the draft. Plus in 2001 the only elite Wideout from the 1st round has been S. Moss.

I really think we should start looking at the draft for talent unless we can bring in a guy like Givens.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2006, 06:03 AM   #32
That Guy
Living Legend

we need better depth in case of injury. I listed some possibles earlier... but hass or orr in the mids, DQ undrafted, pope earlier on (TE).... i think jeremy bloom would have more upside than a brown at this point, and he's in the 6th round right now. I hate hagan (hands) and stovall (slow), and not high on nance unless he falls a long way.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:45 AM   #33
onlydarksets
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359
Plus in 2001 the only elite Wideout from the 1st round has been S. Moss.
Reggie Wayne hasn't been too bad...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #34
Sean Taylor is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
we need better depth in case of injury. I listed some possibles earlier... but hass or orr in the mids, DQ undrafted, pope earlier on (TE).... i think jeremy bloom would have more upside than a brown at this point, and he's in the 6th round right now. I hate hagan (hands) and stovall (slow), and not high on nance unless he falls a long way.
i'm with you on bloom, but think he will go in the fifth maybe even fourth depending on his times in a few weeks at his personal workout. hagan and stovall are overated.
Sean Taylor is God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:17 AM   #35
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Taylor is God
i'm with you on bloom, but think he will go in the fifth maybe even fourth depending on his times in a few weeks at his personal workout. hagan and stovall are overated.
bloom had a 4.36 or so going into the combine and basically bombed by putting up a 4.50 (he hadn't trained, not in footbal shape, etc... btu still when you're 5'9" and 170lbs, you NEED to be FAST).

I imagine he'll get sub 4.4 at his workout, but having 2 years out of football and being a short lightweight aren't going to help him get into the 4th (though his hype might).
Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #36
dirthogs311
Special Teams

DAVID GIVENS

If we can afford him. I think secretly this is the wideout the Redskins are after. Of course this is all speculation, but i think he is the right type of character and attitude that we need to fit in our locker room. Solid wideout and only 25 yrs. old
dirthogs311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #37
jordanz301
Special Teams

but i dont think we need another small speedy receiver, some people are saying get sinorice NO! we dont need another speedy dude, every team zoned in on santana moss but its easier for the other teams because hes small and on a smaller reciever my opinion is that its harder to hit a smaller receiver meaning smaller target. if we bring a whole lotta smaller targets its gnna be harder for any qb in the pocket. i say we have to smaller guys at #1 nd #2. in moss and patten i say we bring in a bigger reciever so the quarterback can "precision pass" it up and the receiver goes up and gets it and moves the chain. even tho it be a great story the two "moss's" but its not the where the skins should go. we need to get like a 6'4-6'5 guy that can run a decent 40 time. that'd be the perfect way to go.:headbange
Old 03-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #38
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanz301
but i dont think we need another small speedy receiver, some people are saying get sinorice NO! we dont need another speedy dude, every team zoned in on santana moss but its easier for the other teams because hes small and on a smaller reciever my opinion is that its harder to hit a smaller receiver meaning smaller target. if we bring a whole lotta smaller targets its gnna be harder for any qb in the pocket. i say we have to smaller guys at #1 nd #2. in moss and patten i say we bring in a bigger reciever so the quarterback can "precision pass" it up and the receiver goes up and gets it and moves the chain. even tho it be a great story the two "moss's" but its not the where the skins should go. we need to get like a 6'4-6'5 guy that can run a decent 40 time. that'd be the perfect way to go.:headbange
i'd prefer someone who is actually able to make plays over someone who sucks, but just happens to be big.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #39
Monksdown
The Starter

Im coming around on David Givens. His size indicates that he may be good blocker as well.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote