Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #16
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Welcome to DC Chase Young!

Per PFF:

Chase Young is the best non-quarterback prospect we have ever evaluated here at PFF. He shattered the PFF pass-rush grade in 2019 by posting an absurd 96.4 mark on those reps and is best described as a freak of nature. Everything about Young as a pass-rusher is elite. Burst, power, hands, size — he has it all.

“Since I started doing draft analysis I’ve called one prospect a future Hall of Famer (Quenton Nelson). I am ready to make that two with Chase Young” – PFF Lead Draft Analyst Mike Renner

Staying put was a good move.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #17
Warthog
The Starter

I’m super excited to see Chase here BUT I just want to dampen the expectations a little for his rookie year. No matter how amazing a guy is in college, he is moving to a new level in the NFL. I think that means Chase will be GOOD, but he’ll be much better next year.

The good news is that Chase will have great instruction, coaching and mentor ship this season from Del Rio, Rivera and Kerrigan. He won’t be wasted like Sweat , and to a lesser extent, Allen & Payne, by piss-poor defensive coaching and schemes. Whatever we have in personnel will be maximized by our new coaches. Both Del Rio and Rivera have had phenom players before (like Chase) and they will know how to use him individually and to help the team.

This defense will be so much better than it was compared to last year. Chase Young will garnish a lot of attention and perhaps even double-teaming as he comes into his own. The DL will become better and better with each game. It’s been over a decade since the team had a defensive star or superstar. This will be great. Just don’t expect it to happen overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #18
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Per J. Keim CY went too J. Allen's house wanted to meet one of the defense Captains.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #19
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Per J. Keim CY went too J. Allen's house wanted to meet one of the defense Captains.
Dang, he certainly didn't waste any time.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:36 PM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
And Allen didn't get mad that CY didn't contact him sooner and demand a trade? Wow. What a mature, level-headed response.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:32 PM   #21
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

https://youtu.be/H3S4FltF44c
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:53 PM   #22
Warthog
The Starter

Chase just had a Zoom pressie today and really sounded GREAT in front of the media! Very, very mature. While at Ohio State he had them give him all the film of all sacks in the NFL that week, ESPECIALLY the Bosa Brothers, Van Miller and Mack. He said he especially studied the Bosa Brothers each week. When asked what player he wanted to be like, he said Julius Pepper. Guess who coached and got the most out of Pepper in his HOF career? Jack Del Rio!

He also said that he would keep his circle of family and friends - tight and small. He said especially since he was returning to his home town that this would attract a lot of people who only wanted to talk to him since he was rich. He also said that every win the Redskins had he’d come home for a BBQ with his family. I highly doubt you’re going to see this young man be tempted by the fast life that others have fallen into and torched their careers.

Chase said that he needed to work on a lot in his techniques and saw lots of room for improvement for himself. He said he just ignores all the people who want to give him the “gold jacket” right away. He just wants to work on getting better.

He’s already visited Allen because he’s one of the “leaders on the team”. He also said that he wanted to see Sweat.

Finally, he said he might grow another inch or two (currently 6’ 5”). He said his Dad added a lot of height late.

All-in-all, a very, very impressive press conference. He wasn’t just mouthing the right words that were handed to him by his press agent. He really has his head on straight and is a smart guy who mentally will be a premium football player. I predict Chase Young will be a media favorite because he is well-spoken, honest, intelligent and humble. What a great addition to our defense!

Flyboy.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #23
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Finally, he said he might grow another inch or two (currently 6’ 5”). He said his Dad added a lot of height late.

The fact that he could still grow blows my mind.

And knowing it's not BS talk, but based on genetics (his Dad going from 6'7" as a soph in college, to 6'10" after college - wow), and doctors looking at his growth plates seeing room to grow ... dayum.

A 6'8" predator prowling our D Line??

Yes please.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:53 PM   #24
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I've got them too my man but I want to see it to believe it all the way

They added Chase Young who will be in the Good to Great category, as long as he stays healthy. We’ll have to see how he transitions to the pros but based on his press conference ( see above) he’s smart, knows he’s got a lot to learn, is mature and he will be an intelligent player, if not a physical beast.

However, the biggest change this year for the defense (and offense) will be adding Del Rio and Rivera. Del Rio has brought defenses from the worst to the top 5. He coached and taught Julius Pepper [thanks for the correction!!]*, so he knows how to maximize a great player (IF Chase has that much talent and stays healthy). Rivera has done the same - bringing up defenses from the dregs to the top. Rivera is also a motivational coach and I think this team will have a positive outlook and winning attitude that it hasn’t had since Shanahan was here.

So yeah, most fans will want to see the team improve before they come back to the fold. Except for the one RG3 rookie year, this team has sucked for two decades. But I honestly think change is coming. The coaches are all very good. Kyle Smith, if he becomes the GM, has real talent at finding talented players.

PLAYERS - McLAURIN is excellent to outstanding and may be the best offensive player in the team. SIMS, Jr is good and could become even better this year -both will improve this season. I know most people will call me too optimistic, but I think HASKINS is going to breakout this season. AP and GUICE are going to be a good running pair if Guice could stay healthy. If Guice gets hurt, I think GIBSON ( our second draft pick) will take his place and do well. CHARLES will get a lot of attention from the coaches to keep him on the straight and narrow, as well coaching him up. I think he will do ok as a replacement for Trent. The rest of the OL will be good except for Moses.

Finally, with the $35 mill in cap money they have right now( second highest in the NFL), Kyle and Rivera will be able to pick up players dumped by their teams during TC. The team can get some new players it needs at TE, CB and maybe OT in one year, cheap, “show me” contracts. The team could get quality players for depth or even starters, who are desperate to stay in the NFL, in inexpensive deals. Kyle Smith’s job looking for good players from the UDFA and fired players in TC will help us fill holes.

BL - this is a team on the way up. Dan Snyder is not part of the team decisions. The team will only be average this season but within two seasons we will be a contender. Not just in the Spring, not “off the field” but during the regular season.
The Redskins are coming back.

Flyboy.

Last edited by Warthog; 04-28-2020 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:01 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's Julius Peppers and we have needed that for years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2020, 09:12 AM   #26
skinsfan69
Living Legend

One guy isn't going to turn this into a top d. Do you guys remember just how bad it was last year? I believe that we were last against the run. No one is capable of stopping SaQuan. Last on 3rd down. I think Chase will help 3rd down hopefully. But year after year we just suck against the run. Sorry but you can not just say that is all Manusky's fault. A lot of it has to go on the players too.

Kerrigan can not play the run worth shit anymore. Holcomb misses more tackles than anyone. I saw Allen get pushed around too much. Collins is the most overrated safety in the NFL.

A lot of the same guys will be back and we will need them to play better and get coached up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 AM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
One guy isn't going to turn this into a top d. Do you guys remember just how bad it was last year? I believe that we were last against the run. No one is capable of stopping SaQuan. Last on 3rd down. I think Chase will help 3rd down hopefully. But year after year we just suck against the run. Sorry but you can not just say that is all Manusky's fault. A lot of it has to go on the players too.

Kerrigan can not play the run worth shit anymore. Holcomb misses more tackles than anyone. I saw Allen get pushed around too much. Collins is the most overrated safety in the NFL.

A lot of the same guys will be back and we will need them to play better and get coached up.
This is true, the only true run stopper we had was Payne. Allen was 50/50 but maybe Chase can cover up some of their flaws. Our LBs were trash last yr

As for Kerrigan, I could see this being his last yr in DC
Old 04-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
They added Chase Young who will be in the Good to Great category, as long as he stays healthy. We’ll have to see how he transitions to the pros but based on his press conference ( see above) he’s smart, knows he’s got a lot to learn, is mature and he will be an intelligent player, if not a physical beast.

However, the biggest change this year for the defense (and offense) will be adding Del Rio and Rivera. Del Rio has brought defenses from the worst to the top 5. He coached and taught Julian Pepper, so he knows how to maximize a great player (IF Chase has that much talent and stays healthy). Rivera has done the same - bringing up defenses from the dregs to the top. Rivera is also a motivational coach and I think this team will have a positive outlook and winning attitude that it hasn’t had since Shanahan was here.

So yeah, most fans will want to see the team improve before they come back to the fold. Except for the one RG3 rookie year, this team has sucked for two decades. But I honestly think change is coming. The coaches are all very good. Kyle Smith, if he becomes the GM, has real talent at finding talented players.

PLAYERS - McLAURIN is excellent to outstanding and may be the best offensive player in the team. SIMS, Jr is good and could become even better this year -both will improve this season. I know most people will call me too optimistic, but I think HASKINS is going to breakout this season. AP and GUICE are going to be a good running pair if Guice could stay healthy. If Guice gets hurt, I think GIBSON ( our second draft pick) will take his place and do well. CHARLES will get a lot of attention from the coaches to keep him on the straight and narrow, as well coaching him up. I think he will do ok as a replacement for Trent. The rest of the OL will be good except for Moses.

Finally, with the $35 mill in cap money they have right now( second highest in the NFL), Kyle and Rivera will be able to pick up players dumped by their teams during TC. The team can get some new players it needs at TE, CB and maybe OT in one year, cheap, “show me” contracts. The team could get quality players for depth or even starters, who are desperate to stay in the NFL, in inexpensive deals. Kyle Smith’s job looking for good players from the UDFA and fired players in TC will help us fill holes.

BL - this is a team on the way up. Dan Snyder is not part of the team decisions. The team will only be average this season but within two seasons we will be a contender. Not just in the Spring, not “off the field” but during the regular season.
The Redskins are coming back.

What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #29
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
This is true, the only true run stopper we had was Payne. Allen was 50/50 but maybe Chase can cover up some of their flaws. Our LBs were trash last yr
Just pure garbage. Just don't think they'll be able to cover up all the holes in year one. Thomas Davis is just too old. Hoping for Foster to possibly step in there and become a force.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What flavor are you drinking? Pass me some please. I like fruit punch.
LOL luckily I haven't drank any in a few yrs, pretty much since Kirk left.