Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #91
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
There are also many avenues to get him out without asking the owners to vote on the matter. His sponsors abandoning him is one. As cashflow, the current and future value of his franchise, the inability to sell luxury boxes and even plebeian seats, the as yet unknown negative effects of the Covid-19 crisis, etc. squeeze him tighter financially, he'll sell.
This is a good point! The fact that his biggest sponsor is also a majority owner that wants to sell could be a deciding factor...but I think the Fed Ex contract goes to 2025 if I'm not mistaken? And let's face it, no one is going to be wanting to be a minority owner with Snyder now especially, between this and the name issue, it's just bad business to be associated with this team.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #92
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

This, this, and this:

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #93
Monkeydad
Living Legend

^ What a pompous jerk.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #94
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
This is a good point! The fact that his biggest sponsor is also a majority owner that wants to sell could be a deciding factor...but I think the Fed Ex contract goes to 2025 if I'm not mistaken? And let's face it, no one is going to be wanting to be a minority owner with Snyder now especially, between this and the name issue, it's just bad business to be associated with this team.
Just think of all the big name FA will be able to get know.
Old 07-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #95
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I haven’t been here since the season ended and as the forums resident female, I hope they kick Snyder’s ass out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #96
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I'm guessing that some of these employees are the Cheerleaders that we heard about a few years back. Is there anything really new in this?
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #97
Warthog
The Starter

More than a dozen women allege sexual harassment and verbal abuse by former team employees at Redskins Park

I have been in the military for over 30 years and with a civilian company (airline) for over 25. The fact that this was acceptable behavior since the 1990’s is just freakin unbelievable. Pinching butts and cat calling- I thought that crap went out with the Rat Pack in the early ‘60’s. The only way to end it is to clean house - hold a hearing for any person involved, and if they did it, or condoned it fire their ass immediately. Snyder should RESIGN, but knowing him, he’ll just move his portable rock with him and settle somewhere else. I mean an organization with over 200 people and NO HR DEPARTMENT?? WTF? That just INVITES bad behavior. ESPECIALLY when you have young, pretty, UNPAID, cheerleaders and JR cheerleaders who you have representing the team ALL OVER THE WORLD. When I was commanding a base in AFGHANISTAN in 2002-3, the Redskins JR Cheerleaders (if they have a real name please correct me) came through. Really nice young women representing the team. The thought that they had NO HR protection is just freakin’ terrible. They have NO ONE to go to if this sort of sexist shitte goes on.

In the military or airline, if this sort of crap goes on, they do an investigation and if you’re guilty, your career is over. Period. Zero tolerance.

Snyder may pretend that l HE LOVES the franchise and legacy but under his so-called “leadership” this sexist rot was allowed to exist. He has brought this team as low as it can go! Does he know what this means to his fans, who by association are rooting for this shitte?

At the very least, Snyder needs to have a press conference and APOLOGIZE TO THE FANS. BEG FORGIVENESS. Firing a couple guys is NOT ENOUGH!

Anyone who thinks that this immature crap is ok, hasn’t worked in corporate America in the last 20 years. Yes, cases do happen. But they are dealt with swiftly and the guilty party is fired.

Sexual predators pick on the youngest, weakest and most troubled people of a certain group. What starts as inappropriate comments, turns into pinching, grabbing, unasked for hugs, etc. to worse. I believe the article has more aggregious behavior, but since they knew Snyder would sue them, they pulled back to stories that could BE PROVEN IN THE COURTROOM.

Snyder has just brought this franchise to a new low. He IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE WORST OWNER IN THE NFL. I now see why the co-owners tried to sell their shares, with NO-TAKERS. Snyder has made a mockery of this team with his Mis-management and by the horrible way he treats his lower employees. He’ll fly the company jet to help a player get a surgery, while leaving vulnerable women in his staff out to dry.

This shows what a low-life scum Snyder is. Many women have to go to the Wash Post, with a viable story before Snyder does anything. Same with the name, he only moved when the big money threatened to pull out. Snyder is a case study in how to ruin an organization through buffoonery and mismanagement.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:24 PM   #98
rocnrik
Playmaker

It also shows how sick Hollywood is ... this ain’t nothing close to Hollywood’ and Epstein island ... let’s call ALL of them out ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #99
SunnySide
Playmaker

Hollywood absolutely had a role in this. Doesn't fan Snyder own a movie company? I think Chrissy teagans silence on this speaks volumes.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #100
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Hollywood absolutely had a role in this. Doesn't fan Snyder own a movie company? I think Chrissy teagans silence on this speaks volumes.
Thanks Obama!
Old 07-17-2020, 12:31 PM   #101
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Now the NFL says it supports the so-called "independent" investigation by a law firm that Snyder hired. I do not trust such an investigation. The NFL Office is either stupid to accept this as a positive first step or they fear that similar situations in other franchises might come to light in a truly independent investigation and they're helping Snyder to sweep it under the rug.

Any investigation initiated and paid for by Snyder should be unacceptable to the NFL, the State of Virginia, and the Federal Government.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #102
rocnrik
Playmaker

There is something else that bothers me .. this stuff was supposed to be happening as far back as 2006 .. that means Gibbs(2cnd tenure) and Shanny were at the helm as well as Zorn, Gruden .. who I always thought was a sleaze.. I have a hard time believing Gibbs , Zorn or shanny would have known this ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #103
Ohioskins
Special Teams

Yes, it is true. I cared enough to say I don't care. Feel free to go full Freudian.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #104
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Thanks Obama!
#youknowwhathedid
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #105
Warthog
The Starter

I don’t like the Wash Po, which I consider too liberal to be objective. However, I believe this story. If a large, sports franchise has no HR, then it doesn’t know or it doesn’t care if sexist behavior exists. This is also a clear case where more women may have told the WP of their stories, but which could not be used because there was not enough supporting data.

If this story doesn’t bother you, than my first question is: Do you have any daughters? If so, how would you feel if this was your daughter?

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote