Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dallas Post-Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 20-17 win over Dallas?
Peterson 18 40.91%
Kerrigan 14 31.82%
Swearinger 4 9.09%
Allen 5 11.36%
other 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2018, 01:44 PM   #121
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Re: Dallas Post-Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Even if Smith improves he's never going to be a guy who can drop back 40 times and win a shoot out. He's never been that guy. If we can't run and stop the run we're probably not going to win. But we've won 4 out of 6 so far with that formula so that's not a bad thing.
He was throwing the ball about 35 times a game with KC.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #122
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
He was throwing the ball about 35 times a game with KC.
Right, but the point is he's not a drop back and beat you from the pocket consistently type of QB. He's best when the running game is clicking and he can work off play action or RPO's, screen game, boot game, etc.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #123
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He also had Kelce and Hill on the offense who are both better than anyone we have. My only gripe is Jordan Reed not getting more looks. He's our best pass catcher get him the ball. As matty said we are 4-2 and really should be 5-1 if it wasn't for that fluke Loss to iNdy
Old 10-22-2018, 02:05 PM   #124
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Right, but the point is he's not a drop back and beat you from the pocket consistently type of QB. He's best when the running game is clicking and he can work off play action or RPO's, screen game, boot game, etc.
To be fair a vast majority of QB's in the NFL need those things as well. There are only a few passers I can think of, such as P. Manning, who can do it all on their own without a solid run game, good defense, etc.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #125
Back2RFK
Special Teams

I just checked. The Skins are still leading in the NFC East.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #126
Back2RFK
Special Teams

The word of the day is "DOINK" its also the sound of Dallas loosing.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 PM   #127
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Wow!! The sideline pisser Kowitca was responsible for this penalty being called, great job!!

Controversial penalty on #Cowboys LP Ladouceur was result of #Redskins ST coach Ben Kotwica noticing what he considered illegal movement of ball during prep and bringing to Jay Gruden’s attention. Gruden alerted game officials and encouraged them to watch for it.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #128
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
The word of the day is "DOINK" its also the sound of Dallas loosing.
How great would it have been if Justin Tucker's kick had bounced off the upright?

DOINK would have been great to say to a Ravens fan as one describes our win, knowing that it also described their loss.

Ahhh opportunities lost
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:34 PM   #129
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Awesome night to be a Redskins fan !

Watched the game in a Packers bar in Paris, joked with an american Eagles fan on a trip in Europe to go to the game in London next week, kept it down a little when they lost but was so happy.

Then, just before the kickoff of our game, I was joined by a french Redskins fan, and a Redskins fan from Virginia enters the bar... followed by a Cowboys fan from Dallas.

Man that was back and forth during the whole game, a LOT of fun !
First time in my life I can make fun of a Cowboys fan face to face, that shit feels great!

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

I had to miss the game due to a very dire family situation, but this board and this post in particular are allowing me to experience it vicariously with great enjoyment. Thanks FrenchSkin and everyone!
Old 10-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #130
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
I had to miss the game due to a very dire family situation, but this board and this post in particular are allowing me to experience it vicariously with great enjoyment. Thanks FrenchSkin and everyone!
Hope all is well with your family, that always comes first
Old 10-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #131
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

BTW right now our yes our Washington Redskins are the 3rd seed in the playoffs and 3rd in the NFC standing (4-1) conf record. That is pretty damn good folks
Old 10-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #132
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Any win against Dallas is a great win. They are still our biggest rival and there has been so much crazy stuff that has happened in this series that I am thrilled to get a win over Dallas under any circumstances. Compared to other finishes in this series, that missed field goal barely registers on the dagger in the heart scale of games contested by these two teams.

We obviously had a conservative game plan on offense and a defensive game plan to stop the run and then throw everything but the kitchen sink at Dak in passing situations. I fully endorse this game plan which was essentially forced upon us (especially on offense). The results speak for themselves. We had no turnovers on offense and our defense forced the Cowboys to turn the ball over multiple times, one of which resulted in our game-winning touchdown.

It seems to me that we Redskins fans might need to get used to the idea that our defense can now lead us and even score touchdowns. I'm starting to believe in our D and I think it can only get better. We haven't had that in a long time. With a dominant D, it might be a good thing for us to have a QB who doesn't take a lot of chances and doesn't turn the ball over, even if he misses some throws. It has been said that more NFL games have been lost than won. If that is true, then let our opponents lose to us by turning the ball over more than we do.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #133
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Great game played by your team yesterday. I cannot help but admire and appreciate the way Washington controlled the field position battle throughout the first half. Playing offense and defense on Dallas's side of the 50. Well played indeed.

I have always said the best way to beat the Dallas offense is to take away 21 and make Dak beat you with his arm. Which everyone (except Prescott and Garret) knows will not happen. Your defense did well at this Sunday.

I take back what I said about Alex Smith. His quick release and rapid check-downs kept the pass rushers at bay.

Adrian Peterson - who knew?
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #134
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Kudos to showing up after taking the L, sandtrap. Many others wouldn't have.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #135
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Great game played by your team yesterday. I cannot help but admire and appreciate the way Washington controlled the field position battle throughout the first half. Playing offense and defense on Dallas's side of the 50. Well played indeed.

I have always said the best way to beat the Dallas offense is to take away 21 and make Dak beat you with his arm. Which everyone (except Prescott and Garret) knows will not happen. Your defense did well at this Sunday.

I take back what I said about Alex Smith. His quick release and rapid check-downs kept the pass rushers at bay.

Adrian Peterson - who knew?
AD has been the biggest surprise story of the league , I don't count Mahomes because the hype around him all off season.