Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Question: Why are Titans a "Super Bowl Contender" while we are laughing stock?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #76
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Question: Why are Titans a "Super Bowl Contender" while we are laughing stock?

I can't figure this one out either. Their star QB was relegated to second fiddle and everyone wants to talk about JC. They failed to keep their most important weapon on defense and we get laughed at for picking him up.

All in all the game last night looked bad from both teams but it was only the first game.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #77
beemnsevenspop
Camp Scrub

Re: Question: Why are Titans a "Super Bowl Contender" while we are laughing stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
i don't go that definite, but they were 13-3 last year, this year they are 0-1
And, I'm sorry to say, as we shall be come twenty-hundred hours next Sunday....
beemnsevenspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #78
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
13-3, 8-8.
you have to earn respect.
we will this year!
Exactly my thoughts to the tee!

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #79
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Sounds about right. Probably the main reason Michael Vick got to all those pro bowls late in his career when he had no business being there (earlier though he definitely earned it). Plus there was Marshall Faulk when he rushed for around 900 yards during his Madden Curse year. Maybe fans and even players should be held out of the voting process. At least secretly.

I'll go so far to admit that stats aren't everything but at Kerry Collins greatest achievement seems to be he didn't F-Up where as if they had left the offense up to Vince Young they probably would have had to many turnovers to deal with. Michael Roos and Chris Johnson had more to do with that offenses success then Kerry Collins ever did.
Collins is crafty. I can't remember what game it was last year, but the Titans running game gut shut down and Collins went on a tear passing the ball. He proved that they couldn't be forced into being one-dimensional even though they sometimes are because they can.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #80
Mechanix544
The Starter

Thumbs up Re: Question: Why are Titans a "Super Bowl Contender" while we are laughing stock?

Like I've said before, I like the idea of flying under the radar. If Zorn can get this team to play together this year, and if he can toughen them up, I see no reason why the skins cannot get at least 9 wins this year.

And yes, the titans are a better team. I think in terms of team overall strength RIGHT NOW, only marginally better than the skins, but better none the less.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:00 AM   #81
skins89moss
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail to the Redskins View Post
I guess I could have worded my post differently. but what I'm asking is for real, not sarcastic...

What separates the Titans from us?

Is it talent?? I don't see how they have more talent....

I'm thinking it's that they play defense & can run... proves QBs need to just manage games (K. Collins) & you don't need good receivers )J. Gage #1 receiver) to win...

but then I think, that sounds like us... so what the hell!!?!? lol
Is because they have Jeff Fisher a veteran coach who took them to the Super Bowl. He also has been their coach since they moved from Houston TX.
As for our Team we have had how many coaches? ( Norv,Marty,Steve,Joe,and Jim) other than loyal Redskin fans people like to hate on Daniel Synder because of how he spent big money on free agents to make his team better. He sometimes over paid but he will do what ever it takes to make this team better. I think he has learned over the years to let the quailfied coaches coach and him be an owner. Lets hope he has learned to be more patient with the Head Coach and Jason Campbell and draft O-Lineman this off season to truly gage how good our offense can be with a better O-line.

Last edited by skins89moss; 09-13-2009 at 08:33 AM.
skins89moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #82
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Collins is crafty. I can't remember what game it was last year, but the Titans running game gut shut down and Collins went on a tear passing the ball. He proved that they couldn't be forced into being one-dimensional even though they sometimes are because they can.
I believe it was a game against the Bears.
Titans 21, Bears 14: Titans Win Field Position Battle, Improve to 9-0 -- NFL FanHouse
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote