Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #31
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,298
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Maybe it was staged but it doesn’t mean it was disingenuous. Just wanted his good character made public?
Probably the best thing that will happen at the combine all week. At least the homeless guy made out.

I kind of want this Willis guy now.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #32
irish
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,467
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Willis is going to have every QB hungry team starving for him by the time the combine is over. Ron is apparently a big fan too. He's got a cannon. We're going to have to trade up if we want him.
To me Ron has botched the QB position since he's been here so if he's a Willis fan then I think he has to go all and do what's needed to get him. This team has to have a QB and they need to keep taking shots until one hits.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #33
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,771
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

So I measured my hand size today...lol. 9 inches. Can't believe people make such a big deal out of this.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #34
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,988
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

I don't know if I can say he botched the QB position. Year 1 he had to see what he had with Dwayne. Year two he tried to land Stafford, Fitz got injured in first quarter. He probably should have drafted a QB in 2nd or 3rd, but all the 1st rounders were gone.
__________________
Washington Commanders, The Pee Pole's Team!
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 21,286
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
To me Ron has botched the QB position since he's been here so if he's a Willis fan then I think he has to go all and do what's needed to get him. This team has to have a QB and they need to keep taking shots until one hits.
I think Ron's biggest mistake was to not get rid of Haskins from the get go and draft a QB his first year.

The only way this team is going to solve its QB issue is to make sure Snyder is not meddling with the FO when they are making their selection.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #36
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,623
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Yeah I can't say Ron has botched the QB position, more like he was dealt a shit hand when he got here, and has had some bad luck. Either way, it's time to fix it.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:20 AM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 15,771
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Ron totally botched it. Should have told Dan when he took the job that I ain't rolling w/ your guy. Easily could have called up Jay or Callahan and got the scoop on Haskins. He's had two years. Now he's realizing that he blew it. Drafting Chase Young and Jamin Davis isn't going to cut it when you don't have a QB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #38
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 11,298
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I measured my hand size today...lol. 9 inches. Can't believe people make such a big deal out of this.
I played basketball growing up, i still really struggle to palm a basketball but can if i concentrate. Other kids could grab the ball like it was a baseball.

Just think playing nerf basketball versus actual basketball, your hand makes a big diffrence.

I can imagine that comes into to play for QBs.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:47 AM   #39
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 19,140
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Willis is going to have every QB hungry team starving for him by the time the combine is over. Ron is apparently a big fan too. He's got a cannon. We're going to have to trade up if we want him.
Amazing that this is the qb supply and demand right now. Two months ago the talk was about how none of these qb's were first-round worthy.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #40
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,988
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

A few thoughts from Detroit Lions blog since they are in the QB hunt and draft ahead of us it might be noteworthy info: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/...rterback-group
__________________
Washington Commanders, The Pee Pole's Team!
BaltimoreSkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:25 AM   #41
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 49
Posts: 97,623
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Amazing that this is the qb supply and demand right now. Two months ago the talk was about how none of these qb's were first-round worthy.
Happens every year. QBs get overvalued and over drafted.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:27 PM   #42
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 445
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

I think we should sign a free agent --- Jamies Winston, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, or Marcus Mariota --- at a reasonable price ... then draft one.

I'd prefer this Willis kid, but we'll have to move up to get him. If we decide not to do that with Willis ....

I'd target Carson Strong in the 3rd - 5th.

I think RR's tenure, fairly or unfairly, will come down to what they do at QB this year. I don't think RR can whiff on QB this off-season.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:56 PM   #43
SFREDSKIN
Gamebreaker
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 13,394
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
I think we should sign a free agent --- Jamies Winston, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor, or Marcus Mariota --- at a reasonable price ... then draft one.

I'd prefer this Willis kid, but we'll have to move up to get him. If we decide not to do that with Willis ....

I'd target Carson Strong in the 3rd - 5th.

I think RR's tenure, fairly or unfairly, will come down to what they do at QB this year. I don't think RR can whiff on QB this off-season.
I pass on Willis (have we not learned from RGIII) give me Corral, Howell or Pickett.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #44
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,918
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I pass on Willis (have we not learned from RGIII) give me Corral, Howell or Pickett.
Willis is definitely intriguing, and I won't hate it if they draft him (as long as they don't trade UP), but I think I like Ridder out of all these guys. I'm not real interested in the others.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #45
calia
Playmaker
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Age: 53
Posts: 2,780
Re: Kenny Pickett , Matt Corall, & Sam Howell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Willis is definitely intriguing, and I won't hate it if they draft him (as long as they don't trade UP), but I think I like Ridder out of all these guys. I'm not real interested in the others.

Totally agree.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.07972 seconds with 10 queries