Week 1: Let's Go!!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Week 1: Let's Go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
I think the talking heads are just not giving enough credit to booting B. Allen out and replacing him as the head football operations with Rivera. I just think that the players are a lot more comfortable with the RR being in charge. I am not talking coaching so much as the team's messaging to players and their ability to trust it.

Additionally, I don't think enough credit is given to the significant leap in coaching that has take place from Gruden/Manusky to Rivera/Del Rio. Whereas Manusky seemed to barely tap the talent he had, I firmly believe JDR is going to get the most out of every player. Also, I think (but am not certain) RR is a much better game manager than Gruden - but, that's not setting the bar very high.

Remember one of JDR's first comments? The D had some talent but wasn't communicating. Reporter's (particularly J. Keim) have commented on this in the past. This year, players are gonna talk and play as a team. I expect a HUGE jump in the D's performance. I fully expect a lot fewer big plays based on miscommunication in the secondary. On top of that, they have the guys to rush the passer and jam the line.

For me, Haskins is the question mark and his progress will make or break the season. Rivera said he wanted the QB's to know their progressions and wasn't worried about accuracy. I get that, but Haskins accuracy HAS to improve. He left a lot of points on the board and threw a lot of picks just based on his inability to CONSISTENTLY make an accurate throw. If he fixes that, the sky's the limit.

Philly just doesn't impress me. They were a 9-7 team last year. They have solid but not spectacular coaching. Wentz is a good QB who can be streaky great. He also, however, puts the ball on the ground.

Chase Young is going to have an LT-like debut. They just won't be ready for him.

Philly is going to lose by a convincing amount. Most of the 4th quarter will be spent with WFT fans thinking "Well, how are they going to blow this?" ... and then they won't. They will play solid football (as solid as they can giving the lack of preseason, etc.) from beginning to end.
Stick around Joe

Agree

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #32
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
9-7 nfc east champs last year isnt that impressive considering how bad the nfce was last year. Our coaching staff might be new here but their ability is an extreme upgrade from last year.

We will see how it plays out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Resident curmudgeon here.

I agree .... but we went 0-6 against that not very impressive division.

Our O line sucks.

Our secondary was very bad last year and it appears on paper may have gotten worse, definitely didnt get upgraded.

New coaches, new everything.

Antonio Gibson carried the ball 33 times last year with Memphis. He's 6" and 230 lbs soaking wet.

Our starting RB (barber) has been an UFA journeymen on different practice squads.

have we named a starting LT yet?
Old 09-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #33
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Our coaching cost us 16 games last year. That includes winning in spite of our coaching staff. That alone is an upgrade to an 8-8 record throw in Skins records in funky years and we are SB bound!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Eagles are 6 point favorites... I'd take the football team
Old 09-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #35
jamf
Pro Bowl

Eagles have very little game film to prepare for.
I give the FTFKATR the advantage.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:40 AM   #36
irish
Playmaker

The Eagles destroy WFT and Haskins looks like a rookie.

Phil 35
WFT 0
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #37
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

The last few years, I just was not into the Skins' with the fanaticism I up threw RGIII's sophomore year. That one just broke me. After that, sure, they did some good things but the Bruce Allen experiment was an absolute failure, and I just didn't care.

The stories from the post, the hiring of Rivera, JDR, Jason Wright, and Julia Donaldson (fyi - I love the Jason Wright hiring as the most under the radar improvement. He and Rivera will straighten all the off-field crap up and run the team like pros rather than frat boys), all these things look to me like they are having a transformative effect on the team.

Time will tell, but I firmly believe that pros are running the show now and that they are not going to put up with the horse shit that went on in the past. With all the issues surrounding him, I think Snyder lets his hires do their job and just stays the fuck out while the NFL sorts out the allegations against him.

I am actually excited for WFT football again. It's been a long time.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #38
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Interesting depth chart released today by the Skins

JD Mck starter at RB...and the LB lineup is a surprise. SDH is starter over Thomas, KLP is a starter at weak side. Cole listed as a MLB behind bostic

He Gets Us
Old 09-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #39
MTK
\m/

SDH had an impressive camp apparently
Old 09-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #40
sandtrapjack
The Starter

I think WFT stands a better change then that to sneak one away from Philly.

Alshon Jeffery stands a good chance of missing the first month of the season as he recovers from foot surgery. DeSean Jackson has passed the stage where he can be trusted to stay on the field. First-round pick Jalen Reagor is sidelined after suffering a slight tear in his shoulder in the last week of camp. It will be J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and Greg Ward to allow Carson Wentz to make this offense go.

Who they got at LT? The front 7 of WFT can wreak havoc. I think this game is closer than everyone thinks.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 01:50 PM   #41
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Seems I have missed all of training camp and even though I'm in Virginia our paper has had about Zero training camp coverage. I just learned today that AP was let go so I probably don't even know 1/2 the players on our roster. With that said the skins sneak out a victory. WFT 24 Igs 13
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #42
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I think WFT stands a better change then that to sneak one away from Philly.

Alshon Jeffery stands a good chance of missing the first month of the season as he recovers from foot surgery. DeSean Jackson has passed the stage where he can be trusted to stay on the field. First-round pick Jalen Reagor is sidelined after suffering a slight tear in his shoulder in the last week of camp. It will be J.J. Arcega-Whiteside and Greg Ward to allow Carson Wentz to make this offense go.

Who they got at LT? The front 7 of WFT can wreak havoc. I think this game is closer than everyone thinks.
Plus Wentz isn't 100% (groin)
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Plus Wentz isn't 100% (groin)
Interesting, didn’t know you could still pull a groin with a vag

He Gets Us