Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Mega-Merge: 2010 Free Agency Rumors and Reports Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Hatin on Peyton out of nowhere
Yes, he's overhyped

Anyway, back to reality. I'd be fine with Grossman as a back up. Although if JC is not moved, and Grossman comes in as a backup, and with Shanny most likely drafting a QB somewhere in this draft, I can see you know who as the odd man out.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Hatin on Peyton out of nowhere
Nope, just the facts. He's a monster in regular season and average or worse in the postseason. Colts' O averages an abysmal amount of points in the postseason, and back then he had Marvin Harrison and stuff to throw to.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Nope, just the facts. He's a monster in regular season and average or worse in the postseason. Colts' O averages an abysmal amount of points in the postseason, and back then he had Marvin Harrison and stuff to throw to.
He's .500 in the playoffs, for the earlier part of this record he had to go up against the likes of New England and very talented AFC playoff teams (i.e. Pittsburgh and San Diego). While he had top notch receivers, he always had a weak running and no defense. But anyway, back to the subject of the thread.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
He's .500 in the playoffs, for the earlier part of this record he had to go up against the likes of New England and very talented AFC playoff teams (i.e. Pittsburgh and San Diego). While he had top notch receivers, he always had a weak running and no defense. But anyway, back to the subject of the thread.
Doesn't explain why the offense is what tanked when they lost. It's not like a lot of their playoff losses were because the opponents scored 28+ points.
Also, prior to 2008, their running game was adequate or better more often than not, especially when Edge was on a roll.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Doesn't explain why the offense is what tanked when they lost. It's not like a lot of their playoff losses were because the opponents scored 28+ points.
Also, prior to 2008, their running game was adequate or better more often than not, especially when Edge was on a roll.
Like I said, back to the subject of the thread.
R.I.P. #21
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Either way, Peyton is better than any quarterback we have or possibly ever had (in the modern era).

I wish we had a .500 playoff QB on our roster because that would mean we have been to at least 2 playoff games.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
SBXVII
Franchise Player

More news on Twitter.....

John Keim (john_keim) on Twitter

Allen has had a prelim talk with Barry Sims OT/OG
Old 03-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Saw this on another site.... No link though.

Quote:
RT @Russellmania09: One last #Redskins #NFL Free Agency note for now, Casey Wiegmann & #Redskins have officially moved on.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

From what I've read so far it seems like most of you are in denial about how "this new approach" to the offseason is going.

Let's do a quick recap on our team right now:

-We have a quarterback who everyone loves in the offseason untill about week 3 where we realize wow.. this kid just cannot make a proper decision.

-Then we have arguably the worst oline in the league and really with the retirement of Samuels and the decline of Thomas not one true olinemen that could spend atleast 3 years in our franchise at a high level.

-Oh and let's not forget our receivers who looked so promising in college that lack development to the next level.

-Let's not get into our current runningback situation since we only have one beat up "once good" rb on our roster at the moment.

-Then we have our "Hard-hitting, skilled" FS Laron Landry, who lost us a game against the Superbowl champs? I don't care what anyone says, if we'd have won that game we would have had a smile on our face all offseason. The need here is to get another FS, get Laron on SS and let him try to cause fumbles (very unlikely).

-Now for some reason we feel like we should try a 3-4 defence. Sure I like the idea, but it's too bad that would require atleast 2 skilled linebackers added on top of our current group. (Orakpo, Fletcher, Rocky, ?, ?) Let's not kid ourselves with this whole DE moving to OLB thing (Alexander), it just won't work.

-Basically our strong points are, the dline,corners and linebackers in a 4-3, but not 3-4.

So now let's think of how we could improve, well getting a guy like Karlos Dansby would have been a good idea, but that's gone. The addition of Larry Foote would be good, so let's hope this happens. A guy like Chad Clifton regardless of his age would have been good but that didn't work out, a guy like Ryan Clark would be a good addition, but we've made no move so far.
So that leaves us with this "deep" draft class and only 5 picks.
#1, Qb or LT
#2, RB
#4, OL **Likely wouldn't start
#5, LB **Likely wouldn't start
#7, Who really cares because they certainly won't start.

As you guys can see even with the draft all said and done that leaves us with 3 or 4 huge holes in our roster. Now I'm not really trying to go off on a rant which I'm sure I did but, the point is we need to sign free agents and we need to trade, the draft just won't cut it and it confuses me how some of you dont' understand that. Anyways go Redskins and let's hope that these two ex- superbowl winners (MS and BA) get their phones going much faster!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
From what I've read so far it seems like most of you are in denial about how "this new approach" to the offseason is going.

As you guys can see even with the draft all said and done that leaves us with 3 or 4 huge holes in our roster. Now I'm not really trying to go off on a rant which I'm sure I did but, the point is we need to sign free agents and we need to trade, the draft just won't cut it and it confuses me how some of you dont' understand that. Anyways go Redskins and let's hope that these two ex- superbowl winners (MS and BA) get their phones going much faster!

well the "old approach" surely didn't work.
you do realize it's only day 2 of free agency?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
IrMitchell
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
well the "old approach" surely didn't work.
you do realize it's only day 2 of free agency?
Lol you bet I realize it's only two days of free agency. What do you expect in the next days? You realize that withing 2-3 days from now there will be next to nothing as far as quality players goes. And the old approach didn't work either, but this is a whole different situation with and uncapped year. Previous years we could sign high quality tackles and quarterbacks, not in this case.

I just don't think I'm ready for another 5-11 ish season, We'll see though I don't expect Rocky and Carlos to hang around much longer, we could see two more picks coming our way.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Lol you bet I realize it's only two days of free agency. What do you expect in the next days? You realize that withing 2-3 days from now there will be next to nothing as far as quality players goes. And the old approach didn't work either, but this is a whole different situation with and uncapped year. Previous years we could sign high quality tackles and quarterbacks, not in this case.

I just don't think I'm ready for another 5-11 ish season, We'll see though I don't expect Rocky and Carlos to hang around much longer, we could see two more picks coming our way.

Dont be so impatient

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #14
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:

I agree with many of your arguments about personnel. Dansby, for instance, would have been a quality addition.

But I would argue that it is more important to establish a team culture where players must earn their keep. The Skins have a reputation for being a Club Med where players can come and pick up large checks for not producing. By changing this team culture, we may positively affect on-field performance even without personnel changes. But this team culture will not change if we keep hiring overpriced folks.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Old 03-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Is this your first offseason? No team is finished or even close a couple of days in. Cuts aren't done with, trades aren't done with, hell offseason activities haven't even started yet, nor have we had the draft. There is a lot of time left, there will be cuts similar to the ones that we've seen already.
Closed Thread