Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #46
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Redskins 2011 Draftees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Hank might as well hurry up and get married. He already has two kids. lol
Once he signs his contract he'll need the deductions.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #47
GridIron26
Playmaker

Good read on Paul

Paul still motivated by mom | John Keim | Redskins | Washington Examiner
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #48
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Yeah good read.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #49
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

How Many Draft Picks Will Make the Team This Year - Hogs Haven

I'm saying Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, Gomes, Royster, Robinson & Neild everyone else (Hurt, White & Thompson) makes the PS IMO.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #50
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post

I'm saying Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, Gomes, Royster, Robinson & Neild everyone else (Hurt, White & Thompson) makes the PS IMO.
I have a hunch that Thompson makes the team and 1 or 2 of the WRs does not make the active roster.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #51
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Yeah good read.
I see red flags, unjustifiable and trendy flags.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #52
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Ok heres how I see this class being for the Redskins this year:

Kerrigan- 16/16 (games played/games started) Doesn't break out of his comfort zone until week 4, gets 8.5 sacks for us this year, and more importantly helps out Rak with his sacks. Is in the top 5 voting for defensive rookie of the year.

Jarvis Jenkins- 13/5 gets injured in on of the first couple of games or preseasons, waits for Carriker to do poorly and starts 4 games at DE, 1 at NT, but we find out he's best at DE. Will learn a lot from Cullen Jenkins, and shows promise for us for next year.

Leonard Hankerson- 15/14 will make Mike Shanahan look like a genius for getting another Brandon Marshall type of player. Will be in the top 5 voting for Rookie of the Year. Will show us at times that he was our best overall draft pick.

Roy Helu - 5/0 will battle injuries all year and not be the best running back on the roster, nor drafted...

Dejon Gomes- 10/1 will play in a lot of nickel packages, show that he's a poor corner, but a solid free safety. Special teams, he'll be 3rd in tackles there.

Niles Paul- 8/0 will be mostly a special teamer, but show he's got a good release and usable in 4 and 5 receiver packages.

Evan Royster- 15/12 With Helu injured, and Torain beat up and not the speedster, Royster plays great for us, will be in contention for rookie of the year in certain weeks, and again make Shanahan look like a genius picking him. We later find out that Shanahan saw more potential in Evan and made a mistake taking Roy Helu so high.

Aldrick Robinson- Cut in preseason, signed to PS

Brandyn Thompson- Shows flashes in preason, but is cut, signed to PS, plays the last 4 games of the season for us.

Maurice Hurt- Cut in preseason, signed to practice squad, signed to roster just like Thompson.

Markus White - Cut in preseason...see ya, bad pick

Chris Neild- 2/1 (I'm basing this on speculation that we get Aubrayo Franklin) Franklin plays great and Anthony Bryant shows promise as a stuffing back up. Neild is kept on the roster though because he shows too much promise to be a solid, smart backup NT.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #53
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:

With regards to the poll. Without a doubt 7 or more will make it. Look at our roster. It was junk last year and we have players leaving this year. I'd say everyone drafted through round 5 is a lock, and royster if for no other reason because shanahan knows our RBs have a tendency to get hurt. After that some the remaining 5 have to be considered potential/backup/filler whatever. I'm guessing filler just because our roster is junk.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #54
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
You gotta understand there are going to be people who say "he's a lazy bitch" just like I'm sure you were not the only one who looked at the comment and said "wow, he's thinking about his mom and helping her out because of all the yrs she helped him are now finally going to pay off." I look at it as the latter but.....

Nothing can be accomplished until the new CBA is in place so he might not see the money until season starts or close to it when he won't be able to go on vacation because he's having to work twice as hard studying the play book because he has less time then players usually get to study and practice. So although he has good intentions he might want to check the idea until the money flow is actually coming in.

Cam Newton is like Sarah Palin in that you have folks that want to totally demonize them for the sake of selling copy. The thing is you have a ton of folks that don't like Cam because of the Auburn scandal and just eat up anything negative about him or just jump on anything that can be perceived as negative. That being said, I can see this guy being another Bush in a few years in having to give up his Heisman, etc. The NCAA needs to get out of sports altogether and let the different pro leagues just set up farm systems for football and basketball. Shoot, some of the more prominent FIFA squads in Europe have their own school system/academies with travel squads of every age group until age 18, where they become reservists for the big boys. The whole Terrelle Pryor mess and his and his teammates selling football awards for tattoos tells me how much they truly value their time in college or respect the program. No need to taint the college game for a bunch of thugs. Colleges and universites should be centers for learning and nothing more.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote