Annointing a new Face of the Franchise

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #46
MTK
\m/

Re: Annointing a new Face of the Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee9718 View Post
Does anyone suspect that the offensive line problems weren't addressed just so Snyder could get rid of Zorn? Maybe I'm just paranoid.
I'd say that's a pretty lame theory. They signed Dockery and Bridges, and brought in some decent looking undrafted FA's. It's not as if NOTHING was done for the OL this offseason, despite what people want to believe.

If Snyder really wanted him gone, he would just fire him.

Advertisements
Old 08-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #47
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I'd say that's a pretty lame theory. They signed Dockery and Bridges, and brought in some decent looking undrafted FA's. It's not as if NOTHING was done for the OL this offseason, despite what people want to believe.

im one of the biggest conspiracy guys out there. but i agree with matty. there isn't anyone pushing back against Snyder. he does what he wants
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #48
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Sean Taylor was and still is for me personally.
I think it is for a lot of people. I dont think a "face of the franchise" is really for the Redskins fans... its more for everyone else. I've had a lot of conversations with people about how big of a Redskins fan I am and a good handful (who really are barley even football fans) brought up Sean Taylor, so because of the attention that incidnet received, I think that could be a good case.

My opinion right now is Cooley, but I could see it being Haynesworth pretty quickly.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #49
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

I say we make Doughty the face of the franchise. No one will care. Then we can continue to fly under the radar.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #50
53Fan
Franchise Player

Chief Zee.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yep the something was done to improve the O-Line. Now its time to see the improvement. From Heyer, Reinhart, Bridges, and Dock....I eagerly await to see how they respond especially at pass protection. No excuses. I think at depth there is more from a talent stand point. I worry about the left side depth. I think more could have been done, but that is water under the bridge. I want this group to succeed, especially since they got there ass kicked the second half of the season mostly due to injury.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #52
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
Bored at work so I thought I'd give the face of the franchise for all 32 teams (IMO):

Lions- Calvin Johnson
Packers- Aaron Rogers
Bears- Brian urlacher
Vikings- Adrian Peterson

Falcons- Matt Ryan
Panthers- Steve Smith [Julius Peppers? Both of them have been on the quite side of things for the past two years].
Bucs- ...I really don't know off the top of my head... [wow, they lost everyone that's known...perhaps it's Adam Gains?]
Saints- Drew Brees

Seahawks- Matt Hasselback [Walter Jones would give him a good run for his money].
Rams- Steven Jackson
Cards- Fitzgerald [I don't know, Warner is pretty well know and did take them to the SB].
49ers- Frank Gore [Nate "80 mill" Clements?]

Giants- Eli Manning
Cowgirls- Tony Homo
Eagles- Donovan McNabb
Skins- Clinton Portis

Colts- Peyton Manning
Titans- Bullocks
Texans- Andre Johnson
Jags- not so sure.. [it's Maurice Jones Drew]

Steelers- Roethlisberger
Browns- Jamal Lewis [Nooo, Butter Finger has been so hyped that everyone knows].
Bengals- Ochocinco
Ravens- Ray Lewis

PAts- Tom Brady
Fins- Jason Taylor
Jets- Sanchez
Bills- T.O.

Chiefs- Larry Johnson
Broncos- Brandon Marshall
Raiders- Asonmonga (i know the spelling is all wrong) [while Asomugha is an outstanding player not many people know who he is like they know McFadden and Jamarcus Russell].
Chargers- L.T

Please, share your thoughts.
I agree with most of your take.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #53
saden1
MVP

Quote:

Maybe, you know, Snyder want's him to quit that way he doesn't have to pay him? Clearly not upgrading the line by trading several draft picks for quality linemen tells me he's just not that into Zorn.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #54
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Maybe, you know, Snyder want's him to quit that way he doesn't have to pay him? Clearly not upgrading the line by trading several draft picks for quality linemen tells me he's just not that into Zorn.
Well isn't that what people have been bitching about Snyder all along, trading away draft picks and not "building through the draft"? I mean maybe the team is for once building through the draft and not trying to give up all of their picks.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #55
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Well, my guess is that they make some major moves on the O-line in the upcoming offeseason. Too bad that the benefits may or may not be enjoyed by Zorn.

When your O-line and D-line are both in trouble, it is pretty hard to fix both in the same year. I guess they had to pick where to take the leap of faith and they figured that they had a better chance getting through the year with the o-line pieces that are here.

I love what they did with the d-line. I think they are fine there for at least a few years as long as the big fella delivers.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM   #56
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno View Post
i gotta disagree here, the other guys listed as "faces of franchises" dont do stupid things to get on tv, they dominate on the field a la brady, manning, urlacher etc.
Yeah, I think I meant to say they put themselves out in the media. AH doesn't put himself out there. He doesn't do commercials, he doesn't talk to the media or seem real friendly to the media. He could be a guy like Urlacher if he continues to play at this level, but even Urlacher did that dumb badminton thing and other commercials. He doesn't have a famous personality, like he wants attention. Tom Brady is popular because of his looks. Manning does a ton of commercials. There's nothing that unique about AH other than his play. Peyton does do some dumb stuff on TV ...

an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #57
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Well, my guess is that they make some major moves on the O-line in the upcoming offeseason. Too bad that the benefits may or may not be enjoyed by Zorn.

When your O-line and D-line are both in trouble, it is pretty hard to fix both in the same year. I guess they had to pick where to take the leap of faith and they figured that they had a better chance getting through the year with the o-line pieces that are here.

I love what they did with the d-line. I think they are fine there for at least a few years as long as the big fella delivers.
Barring major injuries, and excluding an aging Fletcher, the defense as a whole is in pretty good shape going into the next couple of offseasons.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #58
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by an23dy View Post
Yeah, I think I meant to say they put themselves out in the media. AH doesn't put himself out there. He doesn't do commercials, he doesn't talk to the media or seem real friendly to the media. He could be a guy like Urlacher if he continues to play at this level, but even Urlacher did that dumb badminton thing and other commercials. He doesn't have a famous personality, like he wants attention. Tom Brady is popular because of his looks. Manning does a ton of commercials. There's nothing that unique about AH other than his play. Peyton does do some dumb stuff on TV ...

YouTube - Peyton Manning Funny ESPN Video
Peyton keeps me entertained on and off the field. I don't know if I would call that dumb. Clinton Portis's costumes were way worse IMO.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #59
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Without a doubt, hands down it has to be Shaun Suisham. That is who I think of when someone says Redskins.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #60
an23dy
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Peyton keeps me entertained on and off the field. I don't know if I would call that dumb. Clinton Portis's costumes were way worse IMO.
I agree the costumes were dumber, but I was trying to say AH doesn't act like those guys. I don't think AH would say some of the stuff that Peyton says.

Peyton Manning
""If you ever tell anyone I wrote Womanizer, I'll never write you another song."

I think that's a dumb thing to say. Funny, but dumb also.
an23dy is offline   Reply With Quote