Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Met Norv Turner the other day!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #16
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Met Norv Turner the other day!

My store is a hot bed for athletes and celebs...in the past 2 days I have met Jeff Garcia, and met Kirsten Dunce. I didn't expect to meet either of those two.
Jeff was a top notch guy. Didn't seemed phased by his celebrity, he even told me his name was Jeff, then I looked at him (because I was wondering what Jeff Garcia was doing in my starbucks in the SD area) and he said "Garcia". I laughed and said "what are you doing here?" Which in hindsight sounded rude, but I knew he was in Oakland so I asked if they were playing SD and he said no, he was in town to see family. Had a short conversation with him, and you got the impression he was a great guy.
Dunce on the other hand...well let's just say I don't have a high opinion of her now. I always thought she was pretty, but TV really does a lot for you. Keep in mind my store is right near the beach so she had no make up on. She was way too skinny too, and shorter than I thought.
If Jessica Alba, or Jessica Beil comes in, I might lose my job from staring! haha.

Advertisements
Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
redsk1
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
My store is a hot bed for athletes and celebs...in the past 2 days I have met Jeff Garcia, and met Kirsten Dunce. I didn't expect to meet either of those two.
Jeff was a top notch guy. Didn't seemed phased by his celebrity, he even told me his name was Jeff, then I looked at him (because I was wondering what Jeff Garcia was doing in my starbucks in the SD area) and he said "Garcia". I laughed and said "what are you doing here?" Which in hindsight sounded rude, but I knew he was in Oakland so I asked if they were playing SD and he said no, he was in town to see family. Had a short conversation with him, and you got the impression he was a great guy.
Dunce on the other hand...well let's just say I don't have a high opinion of her now. I always thought she was pretty, but TV really does a lot for you. Keep in mind my store is right near the beach so she had no make up on. She was way too skinny too, and shorter than I thought.
If Jessica Alba, or Jessica Beil comes in, I might lose my job from staring! haha.

If Alba or Beil start frequenting your store, i'm leaving my wife here and VA and begging for some sort of job in your store.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #18
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i think the quiet demeanor has something to do with his lack of success as an N.F.L head coach. there are definitely times when you have to bring it. just listen to some of the older skins, and coach Joe would let loose when needed
Tony Dungy is probably even more reserved than Norv, very rarely raising his voice to players. He seemed to do pretty well. Leadership is more about inspiring others than about being loud.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #19
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL, Kirsten Dunce.

Kirsten Dunst might be offended by that.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
Warren85Ellard
Special Teams

I was working at a restaurant in Reston and he was in there right after he got fired. A few people bought him drinks and he seemed appreciative. I doubt he has any problems with Skins fans, but must have a huge chip on his shoulder in regards to Danny Snyder and rightfully so...I always felt so bad for the guy. The way Danny treated him was offensive...making him wait outside his office for hours after a loss. His post-game interviews were painful, knowing that he had to go face Danny Boy. Admittedly, it was tough to watch his teams. They put points on the board, but as someone posted earlier, he couldn't hold onto a lead. Looking back, the late game chokes were more of a Mike Nolan problem than a Norv problem. It's good to see Norv doing well in San Diego.
Warren85Ellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
firstdown
Living Legend

My buddy's company just scored a big contract with starbucks. They provide some wrapping products for the sandwhiches. As for Norv does his face look more pitted in person or less pitted?
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #22
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren85Ellard View Post
I was working at a restaurant in Reston and he was in there right after he got fired. A few people bought him drinks and he seemed appreciative. I doubt he has any problems with Skins fans, but must have a huge chip on his shoulder in regards to Danny Snyder and rightfully so...I always felt so bad for the guy. The way Danny treated him was offensive...making him wait outside his office for hours after a loss. His post-game interviews were painful, knowing that he had to go face Danny Boy. Admittedly, it was tough to watch his teams. They put points on the board, but as someone posted earlier, he couldn't hold onto a lead. Looking back, the late game chokes were more of a Mike Nolan problem than a Norv problem. It's good to see Norv doing well in San Diego.
Man, Norv has had late game issues at every stop he's made. his record is putrid for that. If I had one person in Washington history that I couldn't stand at all it was Norv. DS should have fired him the minute he stepped in the building instead he let Casserly go. MAYBE HIS BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. Snyder should have started with a new head coach, whoever, even Spurrier(not cuz he was good, but to get it out of his system) instead, Norv got a free ride here.

Now he has taken a 14-2 SB team in SD and brought them to an 8-8, needing help to make the playoffs. HE IS TERRIBLE.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I hope he had a good time at Starbucks.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 PM   #23
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Norv had another stroke of bad luck in the preseason game against Seattle. They had they game-winning play, but the receiver stretched out his hands too early, which slowed him down, and the ball sailed over his head.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote