Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Anyone hear Cerrato on DC101?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-09-2004, 09:03 PM   #31
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
Mattyk, by adding Winslow how do you see McCants and Jacobs fitting in? Also, do you think Chad Morton will be a big part of the offense?
I can see McCants and Jacobs both fitting in nicely, Gibbs runs alot of 3 WR sets so both should have an opportunity to make plays. I'd give the edge to McCants right now based on what little we saw from Jacobs last year, but then again with a new staff everyone is starting off on the same page again so who knows.

I'm not sure about Morton now that Portis is on board. Portis is a 3 down player, but Gibbs has in the past seemed to like to rotate his backs as they all had a role, goal line back, 3rd down back, etc.

Morton surprised me last year, if he impresses Gibbs in camp I'm sure he'll find a way to work him into the mix.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #32
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

as far as working Winslow in the offense if he's drafted, I've heard gibbs would use him as the h-back where he could get about 60 catches as well as some 2 tightend formations.

I know this wasn't meant to be brought up when mentioning emitt smith but does anyone else hate hearing people dub him the "greatest running back" just because he broke the record? it's not just the fact that he was a cowboy because despite that he was an execellent running back. sometimes it just seems to be forgotten about what jim brown accomplished and more recently how close Barry Sanders was to the record and suddenly retiring. I mean, barring any injury, when sanders retired he was roughly a season's work away from being the all-time rushing leader and yet it took smith what 3 more years I think. maybe I'm only one of a few people who feels this way but it just irks me to no end. I also think Bo Jackson would have smashed all the records if he hadn't had that career ending hip injury. and he would have done it while still playing baseball he was that good of an athlete.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:20 AM   #33
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

3 more years? Sanders only played for like 6. Sanders is hands down THE BEST RUNNING BACK OF ALL TIME. Bo Jackson was an amazing athlete too. I have a bunch of Barry Sanders clips on my computer~ I watch him every week!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #34
backrow
The Starter

20 Yr. Olds!

20 yr olds! You never saw Jim Brown!
My favorite Redskin RB was #43, Larry Brown! Small, tough as nails, ran the ball 30-38 times a game! But was over-used. Yes, I've seen Riggo & Stephen, but Larry Brown did it with no O line! I'd be surprised if he is able to walk today.

I like Taylor over Winslow, but will gladly trade down for a stud DE and more picks. DE is not the pick at #5.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 AM   #35
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

the H-back is very important in the scheme of things. Winslow would be in a perfect situation to excel his father was on an offense that was unstoppable i see Gibbs coming out and lighting up the score board. the defense will improve as the season goes on but the O needs to score to get some early wins in and give the defense good situations to play in. I say Winslow all the way unless someone gives us a hell of a deal for the #5 then we get taylor and one of those D-linemen everybody crying about.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #36
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

that makes sense to me joethiesmanfan. I think the defense will get better over the season but as of our offense has the capabilities to be a juggernaut with a player like winslow playing the h-back in Gibbs' offense. I also beleive that for the first time in the snyder era, we won't have to worry about chemistry issues since gibbs is bringing in a lot of guys who won't rock the boat and know how to do their job. I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait to play as joe gibbs' redskins next season on madden football.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #37
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
I heard just the opposite... his workout sucked ass. He came in fat and out of shape. He had a low number of reps and tweaked his hammy during the run (an excuse?). I still want him though.
LOL
What reputable source did you hear that from KellenWinslowFAN or the Detriot Lions GM?
Sean actually weighed in two pounds less than his playing weight. Read below.

Here is his official work out results form PRO DAY at U. of Miami, according to NFL.com,
" Taylor stood in at 6-2½, weighed 228 pounds (two pounds less than at the combine), and ran three times for a 4.51 average. He added 11 strength reps, a 10-foot-1 long jump, a 35-inch vertical jump, and opted not to run any of the shuttle drills.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #38
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I may be wrong, but didn't Gibbs (with Zampesi on the same staff) help create the Air-Coryell offense that featured KW's dad? Yeah, sure, Gibbs loves a blocking TE, but when he had access to a really great pass catcher, he lit it up. I bet we pick Winslow.

Of course, if we pick Taylor, that'd be great too. And a good trade down also makes sense, given our need for a pass rusher.

Like I said on another post, it's win-win. This is Spurrier's gift to us (that and quiting just in time for Gibbs to return!).
Old 03-10-2004, 04:15 PM   #39
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

gibbs was an assisstant under don coryell at st louis and san diego.i do'nt know if zampesi was on the staff or not though.he was winslow sr's oc in san diego.i think winslow jr is just too tempting for gibbs and the skins to pass up.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote