Redskins D-coordinator talks frustration over Haynesworth

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #31
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Re: Redskins D-coordinator talks frustration over Haynesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
My only concern with "just cut him" is that I don't want him going to hte NFC East. Maybe he stays a POS, maybe he becomes a monster against us.

Ship him out for a 7th to Buffalo or Cincinatti, even if it's a 7th rounder in 2018.
Exactly. Philly would benefit tremendously from a fraction of the 2008 Haynesworth. Last time they got to the Super Bowl came in large part due to their defense, which allowed 16 points a game during the 04-05 playoffs. Bunkley, Patterson, Haynesworth, and Laws paired with Cole on the edge would give them a heck of a rotation.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #32
wilsowilso

You all realize that the Skins are going to suck donkey whenever football resumes. Don't you?

I say keep the mega douche bag and make him suffer. We don't need to worry about the last roster spot anyways and we can officially put all kinds of fear into any free agents that are thinking about taking the money and running.

Let him rot until he comes to the realization that he can't get what he wants and begs to get out no matter what our terms.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #33
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Yeah make him suffer by paying him to sit on the bench and do nothing.

I'm sure if you were to ask Phillip Daniel or London Fletcher, they would ask for this guy to be shipped out of DC ASAP.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #34
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I'm sure if you were to ask Phillip Daniel or London Fletcher, they would ask for this guy to be shipped out of DC ASAP.
Those two lazy bums? Please they only wish they had a fraction of Haynesworth's enlarged heart.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #35
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
You all realize that the Skins are going to suck donkey whenever football resumes. Don't you?

I say keep the mega douche bag and make him suffer. We don't need to worry about the last roster spot anyways and we can officially put all kinds of fear into any free agents that are thinking about taking the money and running.

Let him rot until he comes to the realization that he can't get what he wants and begs to get out no matter what our terms.
The Eagles have Antonio Dixon thanks to Haynesworth. Do you want something similar to happen again? The TEAM matters more than any vendettas towards a player.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #36
wilsowilso

Quote:

I completely disagree.

Eventually the POS will start to consider his legacy.

When he realizes that he has to get out of DC ASAP the Redskins have a much bigger say with regards to the terms. This could help the team in a big way.

London Fletcher and Phillip freakin Daniels opinions have no bearing on the decision. Haynesworth either works hard or he is punished. It's more than fair.

It's a very important lesson and Fletcher and Daniels are in no position to lead this team to glory anyways so who cares what they think. Let's be reality.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #37
Meks
Pro Bowl

Fletcher n rak should just jump this fool!
Lol but nah, get w.EVER we can, wen we can get it.
I'm the words of sir Paul McCartney - "we're so sorry.... uncle Albert -- but u haven't done a bloody thing all day!".... more like 2 yrs!

Be gone waste.

Sent from a ......... Droid!
Boom!
That just happened.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #38
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Interesting that NFL.com is coming out with this article now. I could have sworn I heard the 10-15 snaps quote as early as the later part of the season.
The articles on nfl.com have gotten horribly redundant. At this point with the lockout preventing any big off season news from arising i feel like they're scrambling to write about anything. Hell they're even doing celebrity look-a-likes now.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM   #39
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
The articles on nfl.com have gotten horribly redundant. At this point with the lockout preventing any big off season news from arising i feel like they're scrambling to write about anything. Hell they're even doing celebrity look-a-likes now.
I think this article came out after Haslett did a radio interview. Sure, he repeated some stuff he'd said earlier, but it was a recent interview.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #40
freddyg12
Playmaker

I see another suspension or disciplinary action coming before a release. They have established & documented a history of insubordination w/him, so it will be that much quicker for them to suspend him if he does the same again. Have to think if camp ever opens that he just won't report. Then the skins will have the leverage of fines while his agent tries to find a place for him.

I don't see this dragging out a long time, but I also don't see the Skins just releasing him.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #41
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I think this article came out after Haslett did a radio interview. Sure, he repeated some stuff he'd said earlier, but it was a recent interview.
Yup...that said, I wish there some legitimate new news
Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #42
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Eventually the POS will start to consider his legacy.
A PoS doesn't care about legacy, only self-interest (getting paid). Unfortunately, we still need to pay AH upwards of 5M/yr. as long as he does the very bare minimum (which includes in-game naps).

I would love to ruin AH, but with his mind-set we don't have the leverage to do it. He will continue to be a major distraction and a locker room cancer, forcing coaches/players, etc. to address his nonsense rather than focusing on building a play-off caliber team.

Like Matty said, get whatever we can for him (even if it's below market value) and trade him to an NFL wasteland.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

I think 80% of the people here will disagree with you but I'm not one of them. Let him sit on a bad team and rot on the bench. If he gives back some $ then he can leave. He's probably going to get himself in trouble anyway and get suspended, like he did the last few weeks of the season.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

Honestly... who cares what they think? Daniels should've been cut 3 years ago. Fletch is a great leader, team guy and is a solid player, but I just don't understand why we're keeping him at this point.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #45
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Honestly... who cares what they think? Daniels should've been cut 3 years ago. Fletch is a great leader, team guy and is a solid player, but I just don't understand why we're keeping him at this point.
Well Fletcher is the leader of this team, and I think Daniels is a respected veteran. My point had nothing to do with their abilities as players, but more of them being the voice of the team. I could have easily thrown Cooley's name in my post. Fans can sit here and be idealistic about wanting for Haynesworth to rot on the bench, be taught a lesson, blah, blah, blah, blah. But I'm sure players are sick of talking to the media about it (which will continue to happen until he is gone) and having a player being paid to do nothing.

Everyone just needs to get over this guy and move on.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote