Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Vote for DeAngelo Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
in this forum, yes. efff D Hall you effing muther effer. And that pro bowl game was another fluke too. Remember skinsfaninok, you need to use the same logic as when the Skins won last year, it wasnt a win it was luck. And when the Skins' lost it was well deserved for the worst sport franchise in the world. Oh and Dan Snyder is Satan's bastard son.
Are you seriously using the Pro-Bowl to make your case that MeAngelo is good? ROOOOOOFFL.

Yeah, look how hard those guys are going (especially the DL/OL). So you have MeAngelo going all out trying to be "primetime" again against guys who don't give a shit and that is your platform?

I think the numbers back up that he's horrible (minus that one insanely great game against Chicago). I've proven this and backed it up with facts and video. Could he be the best? Sure. That would only occur if he played the position with discipline. Hopefully our revamped DL/OLB help mask those gambles of his.

Advertisements
Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Are you seriously using the Pro-Bowl to make your case that MeAngelo is good? ROOOOOOFFL.

Yeah, look how hard those guys are going (especially the DL/OL). So you have MeAngelo going all out trying to be "primetime" again against guys who don't give a shit and that is your platform?

I think the numbers back up that he's horrible (minus that one insanely great game against Chicago). I've proven this and backed it up with facts and video. Could he be the best? Sure. That would only occur if he played the position with discipline. Hopefully our revamped DL/OLB help mask those gambles of his.

I agree PB is bush league but Hall avgs 6 Int's per season thats pretty good
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #18
Meks
Pro Bowl

Nfc championship qb ...... so nay Sayers can stfu ... read the thread title. That's it.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Dude, just do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.
R.I.P. #21
Old 06-26-2011, 02:38 AM   #20
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, just do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.
All? ...or you mean you? Listen guy, if being a Redskins fan means you have to be a total homer, than I guess it's not in my nature. If you are going to discuss something, please come up with something original than the reply above. The "JUST GO BE A COWBOYS FAN!!" or the fan favorite of "YOU ARENT A TRUE FAN!!" just aren't cutting it to be quite honest with you.

Also, there is nothing worse in the world than listening to homers. You can be a fan and still recognize the shit and sugar on your favorite team. Does that mean you aren't going to cheer for the shit players? Of course not. Hell, I cheered for D. Hall even though he got beat more often than he made a good play. I cheered for Casey Rabach even though he got demolished by DL on a regular. Right now, this team has a lot of shit on it, as evident by the past 10 years. The good news is, things are changing as is the culture. Soon, we'll have those blue collar guys coming to work with their lunch pails reading to stomp ass on Sundays. I look forward to that day.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
All? ...or you mean you? Listen guy, if being a Redskins fan means you have to be a total homer, than I guess it's not in my nature. If you are going to discuss something, please come up with something original than the reply above. The "JUST GO BE A COWBOYS FAN!!" or the fan favorite of "YOU ARENT A TRUE FAN!!" just aren't cutting it to be quite honest with you.

Also, there is nothing worse in the world than listening to homers. You can be a fan and still recognize the shit and sugar on your favorite team. Does that mean you aren't going to cheer for the shit players? Of course not. Hell, I cheered for D. Hall even though he got beat more often than he made a good play. I cheered for Casey Rabach even though he got demolished by DL on a regular. Right now, this team has a lot of shit on it, as evident by the past 10 years. The good news is, things are changing as is the culture. Soon, we'll have those blue collar guys coming to work with their lunch pails reading to stomp ass on Sundays. I look forward to that day.
Same can be said about fans who constantly tear down the team. Like it or not over the last couple years of very bad play as an entire team, the secondary has probably been the best group of players. On defense, they gotten zero help by a bottom five in the leage D-Line and a group of LBs which is average at best from a consistency level. Landry, Los, D Hall, and Horton, Buchanon and Reed at times played very well given the play in front of them.

I understand people hate D Hall's "swag" and he brings alot on himself for that. You never heard teamates complain about it, so im good with it. He not the best CB in the league by far, but I think he passes the eye test as a slightly above average DB. He takes chances and will get beat, no question. But his play making ability is unquestionable as well. Is he the problem on this? HELLLLLL NO.

Id prefer people to point the finger somewhere else. And when its comes to celebrating the one and only dominating preformance from last year by a Skin, I would hope fans would cheer it and not sh*t on it. I mean there wasnt a lot to cheer about last year, so give it up to Hall and flex that Skins pride.

He Gets Us
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

This thread is about his 4 INT game, that's it. I knew when this thread got posted it was going to quickly turn into a shit show. Nice job D Hall haters.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #23
NLC1054
Special Teams

Here's the thing about D-Hall; does he give up some big plays? Yes. Is he shutdown? He has the ability to be, sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't.

If you're talking about him playing the position with discipline, I think D-Hall actually got better as the season went on. I think he got more comfortable in the scheme and Haslett learned what D-Hall was good at. I mean, you look at the last Giants game, and D-Hall was coming up and chipping the fullback of tight end on running plays. Yeah, I know he gave up the big pass during that game too.

But I think for the most part he's grown up a lot and seems to be getting more comfortable in the defense.

And, I think he'd take less chances if 1.) we weren't down in so many games and he was trying to come up with a play to shift field position 2.) our defensive front could apply some pressure. It's no fluke that the whole defense, including the secondary, looked a lot better when Anthony Bryant started playing nose and Carriker and Holliday were actually applying some pressure that didn't require us to send a blitz all the time.

As for the Chicago game, that performance was superhuman, and the voting for this is for that ONE PERFORMANCE, not for the entire season.

Funny thing is, I think he only really jumped a route, like, once that day. If D-Hall just played coverage and didn't jump routes I don't think we'd be talking about this.

I'm happy to have the guy on my football team though. I think he's hitting that sweet spot in his career. And I don't mind his swag.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #24
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Same can be said about fans who constantly tear down the team. Like it or not over the last couple years of very bad play as an entire team, the secondary has probably been the best group of players. On defense, they gotten zero help by a bottom five in the leage D-Line and a group of LBs which is average at best from a consistency level. Landry, Los, D Hall, and Horton, Buchanon and Reed at times played very well given the play in front of them.

I understand people hate D Hall's "swag" and he brings alot on himself for that. You never heard teamates complain about it, so im good with it. He not the best CB in the league by far, but I think he passes the eye test as a slightly above average DB. He takes chances and will get beat, no question. But his play making ability is unquestionable as well. Is he the problem on this? HELLLLLL NO.

Id prefer people to point the finger somewhere else. And when its comes to celebrating the one and only dominating preformance from last year by a Skin, I would hope fans would cheer it and not sh*t on it. I mean there wasnt a lot to cheer about last year, so give it up to Hall and flex that Skins pride.
I wonder what most people think is worse, someone who is overly optimistic about their team or someone who has no faith in their team? I'm personally the ladder. I am a die hard redskins fan, and always will be. But I have zero faith in our current team to be competitive. I call myself a realist, others might call me a downer (those others are usually the overly optimistic fans). I used to be overly optimistic, but experience has taught me it is better to be a realist. I'm right more often and I'm not crushed year in and year out for us not performing because I dont expect to do well. What I enjoy watching about the redskins games is the play of our young players. I don't expect to be competitive any time soon, so I am hopeful for the future.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #25
NLC1054
Special Teams

There's being realistic (which is okay), and then there's being pessimistic and tearing down members of the team and jumping down the throats of people who are optimistic. Not saying anyone is doing that here, just saying since the end of last season, I've seen a lot of people elsewhere take the pessimistic antagonist route, claiming they expect nothing for the team, only to rage/I-told-you-so when they fail.

I think you can be realistic about the football team without dooming them to being noncompetitive and losing.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
This thread is about his 4 INT game, that's it. I knew when this thread got posted it was going to quickly turn into a shit show. Nice job D Hall haters.

Freaking AMEN
Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #27
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
There's being realistic (which is okay), and then there's being pessimistic and tearing down members of the team and jumping down the throats of people who are optimistic. Not saying anyone is doing that here, just saying since the end of last season, I've seen a lot of people elsewhere take the pessimistic antagonist route, claiming they expect nothing for the team, only to rage/I-told-you-so when they fail.

I think you can be realistic about the football team without dooming them to being noncompetitive and losing.
^^^^^^^^
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #28
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post

My personal view of being competative is probably a little higher than most other peoples. My view is having a team that has a legitimate shot of winning the superbowl. That doesn't mean just being a playoff team. I don't think KC, Seattle, and a few other teams I don't want to mention because I don't feel like being bashed on were not legitimate superbowl contendors. Their ceiling was the playoffs, and being able to make it to the playoffs is not good enough in my mind. I'm not saying that we have to win the superbowl, but I won't be satisfied untill we have a legitimate shot. I do think it is unrealistic to say that we can win the superbowl AT LEAST within the next 2 years.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #29
Meks
Pro Bowl

Agree with alot that's been said, either way, this is about the 4int game, not about u haters relwasr-ing ur general dismay with hall.. the guy deserves the credit and like I said, against an nfc championship qb / offense nonetheless
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #30
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Agree with alot that's been said, either way, this is about the 4int game, not about u haters relwasr-ing ur general dismay with hall.. the guy deserves the credit and like I said, against an nfc championship qb / offense nonetheless
like I said, it was the best performance of the year. But I find it hard to give him credit because I don't want his ego inflated even more. He is cocky enough as is.

(caution:this following metaphor is an exaggerated circumstance used to show my line of thinking)

If Osama Bin Laden sang the best song you ever heard, would you wanna give him credit? no, cause you hate(d) the guy.
Closed Thread