Redskins Mock Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-06-2019, 06:41 AM   #151
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Has Kyler Murray definitively declared or is it just speculation? I would be shocked if he gave up that much money. he will make more on that rookie contract than almost his entire NFL career.
No news as of yet....he still hasn't announced if he'll be choosing football or baseball...supposedly he's going to decide soon.

Advertisements
Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #152
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
No news as of yet....he still hasn't announced if he'll be choosing football or baseball...supposedly he's going to decide soon.
He's choosing football, he's doing a pro day so that should pretty much answer that Q.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #153
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's choosing football, he's doing a pro day so that should pretty much answer that Q.
So he's choosing football? Just like he chose baseball before he changed his mind and potentially made the Oakland A's squander a first round draft pick on him?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #154
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So he's choosing football? Just like he chose baseball before he changed his mind and potentially made the Oakland A's squander a first round draft pick on him?
I truly believe he will try and play both sports which is why I don't want him, but there is a lot of talk from twitter world saying the skins are interested and John Clayton said it as well so we will see. I'd rather have Jones
Old 02-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #155
MTK
\m/

The Kyler Murray comparison that will leave Redskins fans drooling
Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #156
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

He's as fast as Vick was , and has a good arm. But.... In all fairness Mike was not a very good QB, so again I'm leaning towards Jones but if they take K1 at 15 I won't be pissed.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #157
Schneed10
A Dude

Kyler has a quick release and looks accurate. Just worry about injury in the NFL, been down the road with a blazing fast QB who didn't handle hits well.

I still wonder what Colt can do if he can stay healthy. Give him a good WR at 15 and we might find out.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #158
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Kyler has a quick release and looks accurate. Just worry about injury in the NFL, been down the road with a blazing fast QB who didn't handle hits well.

I still wonder what Colt can do if he can stay healthy. Give him a good WR at 15 and we might find out.
I don't know if he's ever stayed healthy after playing a couple games.. I would do a Teddy B/ DK Metcalk combo but I just don't see them passing up on Murray or Jones in rd1
Old 02-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #159
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post

I like this idea. A LOT.

We definitely can't assume Colt will be healthy 16 games, but he is GOOD in this system when healthy. Josh Johnson looked at least somewhat competent and i imagine an entire offseason with the team we could rely on him to fill in a few games here and there.

If we resign AP and Guice and our O-line are healthy, we should have a DOMINANT run game. We really just need a WR who can stretch the field to take some pressure off and we should be ok.

Draft a QB in rounds 2-7 to develop and potentially start in a year or two. (Colt could look great and be the projected starter in 2020... and At this point, there is at least the possibility that Alex could be back in 2020, too). Our QB situation is not as dire as some make it out to be. We definitely shouldn't feel forced to take one in the first round.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #160
MTK
\m/

We've been wondering about Colt staying healthy for how long now? I've given up on him being a 16 game option. History shows he can't do it.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #161
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Guys draft a QB and move on, what is drafting a 1st round WR going to do for a team with no QB? Plus we have been bit before on that... No thanks. I'd rather draft an Edge rusher over a WR.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:49 PM   #162
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
We've been wondering about Colt staying healthy for how long now? I've given up on him being a 16 game option. History shows he can't do it.
I agree.I've always liked Colt and wanted him to get his chance,but it's just not gonna happen,like you said,no way he's staying healthy 16 games.If he starts the season I would bet he's injured before game 7
Old 02-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #163
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I agree.I've always liked Colt and wanted him to get his chance,but it's just not gonna happen,like you said,no way he's staying healthy 16 games.If he starts the season I would bet he's injured before game 7
CM is also 32 years old, he's not the answer even for 1 season. JJ isn't either, It would be different if the team was openly tanking for Tua but they aren't.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #164
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
CM is also 32 years old, he's not the answer even for 1 season. JJ isn't either, It would be different if the team was openly tanking for Tua but they aren't.
32 is not that old,especially for 1 season.To me his age has nothing to do with it.Are you forgetting Alex Smith is 34?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
32 is not that old,especially for 1 season.To me his age has nothing to do with it.Are you forgetting Alex Smith is 34?
Alex is 10 times the QB tho