Advertisements
Old 01-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #107
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: House Cleaning put on hold....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bruce and Jay are speaking to the media at 4PM from the senior bowl
That should be interesting. Hopefully they get some hard questions.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #108
calia
Playmaker

High praise for Kris Richard: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-coaching-shot

In case we ever get to the point at which a change might happen....
Old 01-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #109
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

So Jay is not going to talk to the media because Jays not even at the Senior Bowl. The team said that Jay "stayed home to interview assistant coaching candidates."

What a joke.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So Jay is not going to talk to the media because Jays not even at the Senior Bowl. The team said that Jay "stayed home to interview assistant coaching candidates."

What a joke.
LMAO Basically " Jay has no say in this draft since he's a lameduck HC"
Old 01-22-2019, 04:07 PM   #111
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
LMAO Basically " Jay has no say in this draft since he's a lameduck HC"
If that's the reason, then to be honest, that's fine with me. I don't want Jay having input into players he won't be coaching in 2020. Let Kyle Smith make the decisions. He did a good job last year. (assuming we plan to keep him around).
Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #112
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Lowlights from the interview:
unless noted with quotes, all comments are just my paraphrasing

Bruce claims interviews with Bowles and other high profile coaches who went on to be DC elsewhere were just to get "ideas" on things we could do to improve the defense. When asked about how that all worked with Manusky on staff as DC, Bruce says that Manusky was a participant in those interviews. (JP Later followed up on this and Bruce said Manusky wasn't involved with the Bowles interview but some others)

Q: What do you say about your accountability for the teams wins and losses?
A: Doug and I have to find good healthy players and then the coaches need to put them in a position to win."

Q: Do you think that you're close?
A: Yes, we were 2 games back from a playoff spot. Between free agency and the draft and getting players back healthy, we're well positioned.

Q: What is it like interviewing a DC candidate when you already have a DC?
A: Sneaky evasive answer that doesn't say anything, then says "There will be conversations with other coaches here tonight. If they go well, Jay may come down to here (the Sr. Bowl.)"

Q: Is the GM role something that will get filled or do you like the current power structure?
A: We are very happy with Doug and the group he has... We are comfortable with the department we have.

Q: Who was involved with theAlex trade
A: "Alex trade was a no brainer." First met with offensive coaching staff and Greg Manusky. Talked about current QBs and available QBs. It was unanimous in coaching staff that they wanted Smith. Ran it by personnel department and it was unanimous they wanted Smith.

Q: Fan discontent. The message you're giving is that we're very close. But the fans don't seem to think so. There is even an online movement called #firebruceallen which i'm sure you're aware of. What do you think of that?
A: We're 7-9 and went through heartbreaking injuries. Fans saw a good football team. We have to learn to finish the season. Its heart-wrenching. Fans are passionate and they want us to win football games.

Q: Given the state of the franchise, why do you think you're the right person to lead the organization?
A: (Bruce seems surprised and awkwardly repeats question aloud as he tries to figure out how to respond) I share the passion with the fanbase... uhh... We're going to get this thing turned around. alright, goodbye (starts walking off - it had previously been announced that this would be his last question)

Reporter: This was nice, we should do it more often
(Bruce chuckles and walks away)
Old 01-22-2019, 04:26 PM   #113
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
High praise for Kris Richard: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-coaching-shot

In case we ever get to the point at which a change might happen....
Change means nothing if Snyder doesn't change. If he swaps Allen for another yes man it's the same shit different toilet.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #114
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Well at least the interview questions aren't softballs.

Fuckin' Bruce Allen. What a slimeball.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #115
MTK
\m/

Was he asked about #firebruceallen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #116
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Was he asked about #firebruceallen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, it was the last question from the interview. I included his comment in my summary above (just updated).
Old 01-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #117
gibbsrcnfan
Camp Scrub

"We All Were 7-9 injuries injuries.. we are close doug has to get better players,lol
Bruce did his politician thing during the whole deal...

we are very passionate #firebruceallen
Old 01-22-2019, 04:44 PM   #118
skinsfan69
Living Legend

He should just never talk ever. The guy should just go sell used cars. He said that Manusky was in the interviews when Bowles came in to take his job. Huh? Is he serious?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #119
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
yes, it was the last question from the interview. I included his comment in my summary above (just updated).
Those responses really remove all doubt that neither he nor his boss get it. After 20 years of pain, the fan base isn't just disgruntled about a season derailed by injuries. We're exhausted, dispirited, and angry about two decades' worth of (at best) irrelevance. No one has feared playing this team in two decades. Closer to three, really. And it is beyond reasonable debate that the yearly soul-crushing experience of being a Redskins fan has taken its toll on the fan base.

Man, if I saw him walk away with a chuckle when a reporter says we should do this again, I'd have been tempted to lob something at him.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:59 PM   #120
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He should just never talk ever. The guy should just go sell used cars. He said that Manusky was in the interviews when Bowles came in to take his job. Huh? Is he serious?
JP later followed up and went back to that question and Bruce said Manusky was NOT involved in the Bowles interview, but had been involved with others.