Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #76
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Lombardi claims to have talked to several redskins coaches and their assessment of Haskins paints him as a total bust. Completely uninterested, not not paying attention, not putting in any work, but acting entitled due to his relationship with Snyder and expecting to be enshrined as the starter based solely on his laurels.

If true, and we have a top pick last year, we need to use it on a QB and trade Haskins for whatever conditional 2040 pick we can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you know the coach isnt interested in your development after showing improvement in the preseason games that might lead to disinterest in the regular season. At this point they were reporting that all the qbs including Haskins were taking some first team reps. That should encourage him going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #77
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
If you know the coach isnt interested in your development after showing improvement in the preseason games that might lead to disinterest in the regular season. At this point they were reporting that all the qbs including Haskins were taking some first team reps. That should encourage him going forward.

Sorry but that attitude speaks to a fundamental character flaw in Haskins part. Entitlement and Selfishness. Neither is a quality that i can think of any great QBs having. Haskins is a dud - griffin 2.0

Snyder made a mistake drafting him at 15 when the actual football people had second and 3rd round grades on him. No reason to compound that mistake by sticking with him.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #78
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

There are plenty of football people that thought he was a 1st round pick and that us getting him at 15 was good pick. We have enough actual problems without taking every negative report seriously. And most of our coaching staff should be fired. Unless O'Connell gets the HC job, none of them will be here next year. Unless we hire a defensive guy as HC and he keeps O'Connell. Either way, I don't imagine any coach besides O'Connell possibly coming back next year.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater in a year where the HC gets fired and what will possibly go down as the worst year in franchise history.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #79
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
There are plenty of football people that thought he was a 1st round pick and that us getting him at 15 was good pick. We have enough actual problems without taking every negative report seriously. And most of our coaching staff should be fired. Unless O'Connell gets the HC job, none of them will be here next year. Unless we hire a defensive guy as HC and he keeps O'Connell. Either way, I don't imagine any coach besides O'Connell possibly coming back next year.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater in a year where the HC gets fired and what will possibly go down as the worst year in franchise history.
Exactly.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #80
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Cooley called him a project before the draft and said no way is he a 1st round pick.

The sentiment your referencing was far from universal regarding Haskins.

Serious question. How much time should elapse before a draft can be accurately graded? (I'd say 3 to 4 years)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. In 1st round draft pick‘s QB Shuler and Campbell’s case it took 25-35 regular seasons games to determine they were busts. RG3 was an anomaly because he was hurt and Cousins was pushing up underneath him from below.

We spent a first rounder for Haskins - regardless of whether Chris Cooley thinks we should have drafted him, Haskins must be coached up and played in regular games to see if he is the future or not!! We have the foundation in the WR group to work with Haskins. The OL MUST BE REBUILT in this draft as well as getting a prime TE.

The sooner we get started with Haskins the better. He either is the future or not.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #81
Warthog
The Starter

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

When you draft a premiere QB in the first round you are committing the franchise to work with him for 2-4 years . Coach him up, build around him, and give him the real chance to win over that period!

I’m discounting any Redskins coaching reports on Haskins. We have one of the worst teams in the NFL -largely due to piss poor coaching. ALL of the coaches will be gone next year with a new HC and his new staff and the old coaches know it. So it’s not above some outgoing coaches to anonymously trash talk the Redskin’s top two draft picks as a final “f-u” to Bruce Allen and Snyder. Slight possibly to be true but probably not!! Haskins will improve and could be the first real chance to be our franchise QB in over 30 years!!

Flyboy.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:21 AM   #82
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Lombardi claims to have talked to several redskins coaches and their assessment of Haskins paints him as a total bust. Completely uninterested, not not paying attention, not putting in any work, but acting entitled due to his relationship with Snyder and expecting to be enshrined as the starter based solely on his laurels.

If true, and we have a top pick last year, we need to use it on a QB and trade Haskins for whatever conditional 2040 pick we can get.

Do you have a link. I googled Lombardi Dwayne Haskins and all I found were a few tweets from April.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #83
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Do you have a link. I googled Lombardi Dwayne Haskins and all I found were a few tweets from April.

Seriously? The guy has played just over 1/2 a game where he was thrust into a game with no preparation and you want to dump him? Haskins had no reps with the first team the entire preseason. He had no reps at all for any games before he was thrust into the game with the Bears. Then thrust into the middle of a game where he’d played NOT ONCE WITH HIS WR and had a good series of downs. Then 3 INT against an outstanding defense - on that basis you want to dump him?

In his rookie season, Peyton Manning, who actually was getting reps with the first team, also threw 3 INT. I guess you would have dumped him also?

Give the guy a chance. Prepare for a week with the first team. Coach him up. Dumb down the playbook. Start him from the beginning. THEN BEGIN THE EVALUATION PROCESS.

You don’t dump a first round draft pick based on 1/2 a game under the worst circumstances and the comments of a couple disgruntled coaches. I’ve seen written reports that he has been studying his azz off and staying late everyday in tape review.

You prep him with the first team and play him from the beginning of the game. Keep it simple. Then see what happens. This guy has an enormous upside. He deserves an evaluation for several SEASONS, with a proper coaching staff before you decide he’s the future or not.

Flyboy.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #84
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Anybody notice Daniel Jones' 3int game yesterday?

Rookie QBs are going to take some lumps.

At 0-5, and with Callahan re-emphasizing the run, surely Haskins knows how to take a snap and hand the ball off...

Old 10-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

Per Sheehan this morning on radio (who i like, middle of the road type):

Lombardi hates Bruce Allen and the Skins

Sheehan (local) has heard the opposite - that Haskins is coachable, good kid, not entitled, that he is putting in the work but he is not the first one in-last one out.

Confirmation bias - if you have the preconceived notion that Haskins is an entitled lazy malcontent then you will flock to this dude named Lombardi's outside opinion as gospel.

I personally am struggling with my preconceived notion of him bc of his Terps spurn, limited action in college playing for a stacked OSU and he was a Snyder pick ... but the kid deserves every chance and right to be his own man, make his own mark and not be judged by our sensitivities from the RG3 debacle. Im trying not to judge a 22 year old's body expressions and "liking" an instagram post of Jay getting fired.

Local reports are that he is coachable and a good kid. I would love to hear that he is "first on in-last one out" ... maybe he'll learn and grow into that as he becomes the QB and leader on this team.

He gets 2 years imo, and I will be as consciously aware as possible of not judging him on a negative curve as a Snyder pick.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:30 AM   #86
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I just say, there is really not much to lose to have him play now.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #87
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I have huge reservations on the body of work at OSU as well. I don't knock the pick QB will always be over valued and with the 15th I have no real problem. I just want the kid to get in so we know what we have.

Here is an interesting read from SI about a few QB "busts" and how their tenures could be the future of Haskins and Rosen.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/10/do...ins-nfl-week-6

There is some validity to it especially when you see the Brady Quinn scenario. Personally I think Rosen is headed to bust territory. Gets drafted, forced to start too soon, coach and OC canned then sent packing for a new QB, land in Miami where they will be drafting another QB. I don't care how mentally tough you think you are losing your job two years in a row weighs on a man.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:01 PM   #88
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Per Sheehan this morning on radio (who i like, middle of the road type):

Lombardi hates Bruce Allen and the Skins

Sheehan (local) has heard the opposite - that Haskins is coachable, good kid, not entitled, that he is putting in the work but he is not the first one in-last one out.

Confirmation bias - if you have the preconceived notion that Haskins is an entitled lazy malcontent then you will flock to this dude named Lombardi's outside opinion as gospel.

I personally am struggling with my preconceived notion of him bc of his Terps spurn, limited action in college playing for a stacked OSU and he was a Snyder pick ... but the kid deserves every chance and right to be his own man, make his own mark and not be judged by our sensitivities from the RG3 debacle. Im trying not to judge a 22 year old's body expressions and "liking" an instagram post of Jay getting fired.

Local reports are that he is coachable and a good kid. I would love to hear that he is "first on in-last one out" ... maybe he'll learn and grow into that as he becomes the QB and leader on this team.

He gets 2 years imo, and I will be as consciously aware as possible of not judging him on a negative curve as a Snyder pick.
When in doubt, listen to the local guys over national
Old 10-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #89
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Anybody notice Daniel Jones' 3int game yesterday?

Rookie QBs are going to take some lumps.

At 0-5, and with Callahan re-emphasizing the run, surely Haskins knows how to take a snap and hand the ball off...

Makes you wonder why the national media isn't jumping all over the Giants for tossing poor Danny to the wolves
Old 10-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #90
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
When in doubt, listen to the local guys over national
Agreed, and actual reporters like JP, Hoffman, Keim, Michael Phillips.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote