Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #766
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,493
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
When is the NFL going to stop testing for marijuana? It appears to be legal for medical or recreational use in about half the states. I wonder what the hang up is? Is it the owner demographic? Elderly men that still think pot use leads to heroin addiction. I don't get it? For the record I am almost 60, never more than tried it, yet I believe if it is legal to have a beer it should be legal to have a joint. I still know people my age that have a very low opinion of pot smokers, yet they would never say a word about someone who over consumed alcohol.
I think in the states where it's totally legal and there's a football team, Ca and Colorado come to mind, the NFL could have a legal issue if players really wanted to push it.
skinsfan69 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 08-19-2019, 10:22 AM   #767
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,959
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Finished watching Geron's tape from Thursday... Yikes, constantly getting manhandled, lacks quickness as well. If he is the starting LT, we are going to be really bad on offense.

Pass blocking grade = 49.1
Run blocking grade = 47.1

Through 2 games so far.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #768
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,972
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
When is the NFL going to stop testing for marijuana? It appears to be legal for medical or recreational use in about half the states. I wonder what the hang up is? Is it the owner demographic? Elderly men that still think pot use leads to heroin addiction. I don't get it? For the record I am almost 60, never more than tried it, yet I believe if it is legal to have a beer it should be legal to have a joint. I still know people my age that have a very low opinion of pot smokers, yet they would never say a word about someone who over consumed alcohol.
Could not agree more. Cannabis has been proven time and again as an effective pain reliever for injuries, illnesses and the like. This needs to change.

And I have a feeling it will be a huge topic on the upcoming CBA. Players will demand that marijuana testing be removed from the league entirely.

What leads to heroin addiction is athletes (yeah even high school athletes) sustaining a serious injury and they are prescribed narcotics, like oxycodone as a pain killer. These pain killers possess a high risk of addiction. Then when the prescriptions run out, you have essentially created an addict that usually turn to heroin to satisfy that addiction.

I for one would much rather see that athlete use marijuana which is less addictive and it just frigging works.
sandtrapjack is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #769
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,447
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Could not agree more. Cannabis has been proven time and again as an effective pain reliever for injuries, illnesses and the like. This needs to change.

And I have a feeling it will be a huge topic on the upcoming CBA. Players will demand that marijuana testing be removed from the league entirely.
The league is probably holding onto it for now simply as a chip to give away in the bargaining process.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #770
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,493
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Finished watching Geron's tape from Thursday... Yikes, constantly getting manhandled, lacks quickness as well. If he is the starting LT, we are going to be really bad on offense.

Pass blocking grade = 49.1
Run blocking grade = 47.1

Through 2 games so far.
He just isn't strong enough and it's obvious. Not sue Penn's any better. LT is going to be a total mess if TW doesn't show up.
skinsfan69 is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #771
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,959
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He just isn't strong enough and it's obvious. Not sue Penn's any better. LT is going to be a total mess if TW doesn't show up.
It's tough but Penn needs to get the starting reps this week, He's better overall even at his old age. If we can't run the ball this yr we are fucked
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:11 PM   #772
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,707
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's tough but Penn needs to get the starting reps this week, He's better overall even at his old age. If we can't run the ball this yr we are fucked
I don't think you should be looking at whether Penn starts. They seem to be putting Penn and Wes Martin in when Haskins in under center. This to me is telling. I would state they are putting in the OL players they think are likely to be starters when Haskins is in to give him the best chance to succeed.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #773
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26,448
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Geron Christian has been a complete mess. Penn will start over him
__________________
The League Done Messed Up
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #774
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,707
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Geron Christian has been a complete mess. Penn will start over him
I agree - that is clearly their plan. And Wes Martin at LG.
__________________
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #775
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,959
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

FWIW:

Penn's Grades so far

48.0 Pass block
56.3 Run Block
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #776
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,447
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
FWIW:

Penn's Grades so far

48.0 Pass block
56.3 Run Block
Gruden will probably switch out Penn and Christian, thus telegraphing when we are going to run.
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #777
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,959
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Gruden when asked if he’s talked to Trent in the last few weeks:

“Maybe”
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #778
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,447
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gruden when asked if he’s talked to Trent in the last few weeks:

“Maybe”
It's harder to get a straight answer on Trent Williams then Russian Collusion(points to Debating with the Enemy forum for all political responses)!!!
CRedskinsRule is offline  
Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #779
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,221
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

There is no excuse for him not to be strong enough by now! Hit the fucking weights. Looking like a bust.
__________________
I'm not better than anyone, my shit stinks, and I'm biased as fu*k.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline  
Old 08-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #780
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 5,466
Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gruden when asked if he’s talked to Trent in the last few weeks:

“Maybe”
Gruden should be in the CIA with that shrewd, deceptive answer. It completely threw me off the trail.

Jay's mom: "Jay, did you eat the last cookie?"

Jay (as a toddler): "Maybe."
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.49123 seconds with 11 queries