Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 11:22 AM   #16
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Whomever they bring in next,needs to tell Danny and Bruce that he's here to turn this team around,but needs time to do it and some players are gonna be out next season because they don't fit,I hope they actually do a real search and bring in a coach who has some idea of what he's doing and can lead as well as teach..it's gonna be a looooooooong off season!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #17
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Anyone giving even a 1% chance that Allen steps down as President with his 1:00 presser?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #18
Duffman003
Impact Rookie

The skins won't be able to get any of the top candidates, unless Dan pays a boatload of money. Decades of undermining and bridge burning make this organization one of the least desirable head coaching jobs in the league.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

It is obvious someone from the Redskins FO leaked those people they'd be interested in. They're going about it the wrong way. You need to be leaking possible GM hires, not HC hires. Or how about stop acting like drama queen bitches and quit leaking shit and just go hire a GM and get outta the way.

You can't have a hc come in here and try and have him go along with Bruce, Doug, the scouts. You just have to hire a GM and let him decide who he wants to keep and not keep. Let him hire his own coach. Everyone needs to have the same vision, talk the same language. This is where Dan fails miserably.

The one time they hired a GM they didn't let him bring in his own people and ended up firing him anyway. It's never gonna work w/ Dan ever. I'm more convinced of that then ever.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #20
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Can we all agree that a new coach will not lead this team to the playoffs next year?
They need to purge the roster of Grudens kids (CT, Reed, VD) and look at building a solid roster before they put lipstick back on this pig.
The offensive line needs a rebuild, who knows about Love and Guice, if Haskins fixed his footwork and learns to protect himself he will still be learning a new system. I will predict next year at 6-10 due to new growing pains.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If true, disappointing...Eric Beniemy is the only legit candidate. Todd Bowles did not look like a HC, awesome coordinator, piss poor HC. He’s defensives weren’t good in NY and that’s a huge problem
We're on the same page.

Reid and Belichick are two of the top coaches in the NFL and unlike Belichick Reid's assistant coaches have gone on to major success in the NFL. Beniemy would def. be on my short list just for that factor.

Also Punch I agree, it would not matter because there are two guys at the top who know nothing about football and need to keep their noses out of it. I wouldn't have a problem with Allen if he'd hire a GM and stick to the business side, but he is an enabler for Snyder and we all know there are going to be times where Snyder wants to stick his nose in the football ops and tell the HC how to do things. Whoever the next HC is has to have total control over the locker room, and the coaching staff, and needs to work in tandem with the GM to build the roster. I'm not sure Allen or Snyder would be willing to give that up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #22
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

BA to Dwayne introducing him to new HC "Hey round hole meet your new square peg"

It doesn't matter
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:06 PM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Anyone giving even a 1% chance that Allen steps down as President with his 1:00 presser?
I'm giving a 1% chance Allen announces he's going to hire a GM and focus on the business ops because he's aware of how he's perceived.

That's what should happen. Instead it'll be the opposite, Allen is going to announce Snyder has trusted him personally to lead the search for the new HC.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #24
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

This is BA and DS'srelationship except imagine a much smaller water bottle.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Broken record time, nothing is going to change until Snyder hires a proven GM and is given total autonomy.

We need a complete culture change here. It's been a clown show under Snyder and it will only continue as long as he has any input in the operation of the team.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #26
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I think Chip Kelly could really pull it together this 2nd time. Just kidding.

Kris Richard or Kevin O'Connell would be my top 2 choices. Richard at HC with O'Connell at OC is my dream scenario.

I'm open to other candidates. I don't like the Steelers but I do like Tomlin. Wouldn't want to trade pick(s) for him though.

Give me a defensive minded head coach if not O'Connell. We need some fucking toughness instilled into this team.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:31 PM   #27
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Posted in the other thread but:

Per Espn's Ed Werder

"The Redskins top 3 candidates are , Mike Tomlin, Todd Bowles , Eric Bieniemy"
I don't want any part of Tomlin. I'm iffy on Bowles, but I may be willing to give him another opportunity. It also depends on who he brings in as an offensive coordinator. Bieniemy is "fresh blood" when it comes to being a head coach, so I'd be willing to give him an opportunity.

Back to Tomlin...... I've always thought Tomlin was a "rah rah" kinda guy. He also comes off like a fake, tough guy in his pressers and on the sidelines. He benefited from the residual effect of Bill Cowher (and, in some ways to long time defensive coordinator, Dick LeBeau). The Steelers have been a well-run organization since around the late 80's or early 90's (particularly, when Cowher came aboard in '92), and Tomlin reaped the rewards from it.

I told several of my family members and friends, who are Steeler fans, a decade ago that Tomlin was nothing more than a cheerleader called "Coach." Some of those same folks laughed at me. Guess what? Many of those same people have been agreeing with me in the past three seasons.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #28
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It is obvious someone from the Redskins FO leaked those people they'd be interested in. They're going about it the wrong way. You need to be leaking possible GM hires, not HC hires. Or how about stop acting like drama queen bitches and quit leaking shit and just go hire a GM and get outta the way.

You can't have a hc come in here and try and have him go along with Bruce, Doug, the scouts. You just have to hire a GM and let him decide who he wants to keep and not keep. Let him hire his own coach. Everyone needs to have the same vision, talk the same language. This is where Dan fails miserably.

The one time they hired a GM they didn't let him bring in his own people and ended up firing him anyway. It's never gonna work w/ Dan ever. I'm more convinced of that then ever.

I agree with your entire post.

I'll repeat again: The only way it'll work is if we stumble upon blind or dumb luck. It'll have to be happenstance.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #29
Giantone
Gamebreaker

jim Fossel.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
jim Fossel.
Don't come in here making jokes G1.

Sidenote, where's sandtrap at the last couple weeks? something change or?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote