Tax bill

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #196
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Tax bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Here's a follow up report on the savings from the tax bill.

Personally my paycheck went up, but it's hard to tell how much is from the tax cut and how much is from the salary bump due to my promotion that went into effect right around the same time. My tax return was higher than last year's, but not by much.

Tax cut savings flow to company stockholders, trickle to hourly workers
Just saw this. It is actually extremely easy to tell that if you can handle basic algebra, come on mooby.

Advertisements
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #197
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Just saw this. It is actually extremely easy to tell that if you can handle basic algebra, come on mooby.
Algebra? Never heard of her.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:41 PM   #198
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
And now the other side of Trump and Ryan's tax bill.................
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/avera...054836423.html

Average Tax Refunds Down 8.4 Percent As Angry Taxpayers Vent On Twitter
HuffPost Mary Papenfuss,HuffPost Sat, Feb 9 12:48 AM EST
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Average tax refunds were down last week 8.4 percent for the first week of the tax season over the same time last year, according to the Internal Revenue Service. Dipping refunds are inflaming a growing army of taxpayers stunned by the consequences of the Trump administration’s tax law — and the effects of the partial government shutdown.

The average refund check paid out so far has been $1,865, down from $2,035 at the same point in 2018, according to IRS data. Low-income taxpayers often file early to pocket the money as soon as possible. Many taxpayers count on the refunds to make important payments, or spend the money on things like home repairs, a vacation or a car.

The IRS had estimated it would issue about 2.3 percent fewer refunds this year as a result of the changes in the federal tax law, according to Bloomberg. MSNBC reports that 30 million Americans will owe the IRS money this year — 3 million more than before Trump’s tax law.

chico this is an OPINION piece...........

https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/...arents-refund/

I am a father of two in a dual-earner household, sitting smack-dab in the middle of the middle-class. It’s February and I am terrified to do my 2018 taxes. It’s not because taxes are hard. It’s not because I’m seeing middle-class Trump supporters become apoplectic on Twitter as they calculate their tax bill. It’s because for the last three years I’ve been a remote worker itemizing my tax returns and, in 2017, House Republicans and President Trump stripped me of crucial deductions. So I hesitate to file. Because I know it’s going to be bad and I don’t want to find out just how bad.

I have, for the last three years enjoyed a refund. And the money I received from that refund often went back to my community. One year my wife and I bought a couch from a local business. The next we bought a bed from a local business. Other times, of course, we’ve used the refund to pay down debt. Either way, I am not expecting a refund this year. I’m expecting to write a check.

How many of those people saw a bigger pay check over the past year because of the new tax laws? They seem to leave that out of the equation.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:32 AM   #199
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I got a way bigger refund...from California. Trump made CA pay me. Yes Mooby, I am kidding about why I got my CA refund. You're my boy blue!

My actual federal refund was $85 bucks, which was less than what the government took from my $214 dollar bonus, $87.74.

Love me some government. U.S government is the #1 mob in the world. Fuck you, pay me.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:19 AM   #200
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
How many of those people saw a bigger pay check over the past year because of the new tax laws? They seem to leave that out of the equation.
If you read the link they don't.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #201
SunnySide
Playmaker

President Trump is rolling back another regulation set by the Obama administration, which the White House says is no longer necessary.

It is the regulation that was enacted to keep American companies from moving their official base of operation abroad to reduce their tax burden.

It is called an inversion, where an American company merges with a foreign firm, basically becoming a subsidiary and moving the headquarters for tax purposes

Administration officials say its not needed due to the tax overhaul that Trump signed in 2017, according to the New York Times.

The regulation was credited by tax analysts with reducing inversions, but business groups criticized it.

Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin called the regulation obsolete, because the tax cuts have essentially leveled the playing field and made the business environment more competitive.

The 2017 law cut the corporate income tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...bites-the-dust
-------------------------------------------

So tax analysts like the regulation that kept US companies from "merging" with foreign corps to take advantage of tax purposes ... but corporations didnt.

Trump admin sides with corporations.

If Trumps tax laws made it obsolete .. then why not leave it on the books? If it had no effect now ... why bother?

I imagine Trump Org and rich business guys benefit greatly from this and it seems to have slipped by the media's attention. Idk, maybe its no big deal .. seems big to me.

Our deficit is going to be yuge.

edit --- does this allow US companies to do business and operate in the US like business as usual but since they "merged" with a Irish shell company, they only pay Ireland corp tax rates?

^^ that seems big, I must have this interpreted wrong.

So instead of getting billions in corporate taxes .. we get feed the line that this helps us bc corporations will use the extra money to increase our wages and re-invest (and not just bank the money).

What a fucking crock .. I hope I have this all wrong
Old 11-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #202
Giantone
Gamebreaker

..........sadly you don't.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #203
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Algebra? Never heard of her.
I'll introduce you if you want to watch a game in TJ with me.

Bring $100, more if you're into freaky stuff.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #204
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
President Trump is rolling back another regulation set by the Obama administration, which the White House says is no longer necessary.

It is the regulation that was enacted to keep American companies from moving their official base of operation abroad to reduce their tax burden.

It is called an inversion, where an American company merges with a foreign firm, basically becoming a subsidiary and moving the headquarters for tax purposes

Administration officials say its not needed due to the tax overhaul that Trump signed in 2017, according to the New York Times.

The regulation was credited by tax analysts with reducing inversions, but business groups criticized it.

Treasury Secretary Stephen Mnuchin called the regulation obsolete, because the tax cuts have essentially leveled the playing field and made the business environment more competitive.

The 2017 law cut the corporate income tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...bites-the-dust
-------------------------------------------

So tax analysts like the regulation that kept US companies from "merging" with foreign corps to take advantage of tax purposes ... but corporations didnt.

Trump admin sides with corporations.

If Trumps tax laws made it obsolete .. then why not leave it on the books? If it had no effect now ... why bother?

I imagine Trump Org and rich business guys benefit greatly from this and it seems to have slipped by the media's attention. Idk, maybe its no big deal .. seems big to me.

Our deficit is going to be yuge.

edit --- does this allow US companies to do business and operate in the US like business as usual but since they "merged" with a Irish shell company, they only pay Ireland corp tax rates?

^^ that seems big, I must have this interpreted wrong.

So instead of getting billions in corporate taxes .. we get feed the line that this helps us bc corporations will use the extra money to increase our wages and re-invest (and not just bank the money).

What a fucking crock .. I hope I have this all wrong
Tongue out Sunny Side, that trickle-down is gonna happen any day now.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #205
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Tongue out Sunny Side, that trickle-down is gonna happen any day now.
.............asking for a freind but will that happen anytime in our lifetime?