Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Favorability Ratings

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Favorability Ratings

This could go in the When is enough enough thread, or the hypocrisy thread, or any of a number other threads but I find it quite amazing that Trump has better favorability ratings currently than:

Chuck Schumer: 30%
Mitch McConnell: 24%
Nancy Pelosi: 38%
Donald Trump: 42%

And for all the incessant negative drumbeating by the media against Trump his negativity rating (53%) is only a few points worse than Pelosi(50%)

I'm sure the normal crew will chime in, but I found it interesting enough to post this.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Favorability Ratings

I think it’s mostly a sign of how poorly regarded congress is in general. Nobody thinks congress is doing a good job.

Just like the backup QB in Washington, the appropriate comparison for Trump isn’t congress, it’s the next guy up who might take his job.

For folks like Pelosi, it doesn’t matter what her national rating is, it only matters what the residents of her district in CA think of her. For Trump, national matters. He should focus on Biden’s number.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I hate Trump, absolutely loathe him, to the point I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire, but fucking Mitch McConnell is the biggest blubbering pussy ass bitch on this planet. The dude has Trump's micro-penis lodged so far up his a-hole he can't even see straight.

Honestly, as someone who leans left, I can totally see why Pelosi and Schumer are on there. Never liked Pelosi anyway and Schumer comes across as suuuuper sleazy. Keeping the politics out of it, I can totally see why many of those are the numbers they are.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think it’s mostly a sign of how poorly regarded congress is in general. Nobody thinks congress is doing a good job.

Just like the backup QB in Washington, the appropriate comparison for Trump isn’t congress, it’s the next guy up who might take his job.

For folks like Pelosi, it doesn’t matter what her national rating is, it only matters what the residents of her district in CA think of her. For Trump, national matters. He should focus on Biden’s number.
I totally agree Schneed.

TMC, I hate McConnell too but I feel like he doesn't mind taking a ton of heat from the left because it deflects attention from the 95% of like-minded politicians that only care about advancing their agenda.

And I agree with you on Pelosi and Schumer, Pelosi in particular doesn't seem like she has our best interests at heart. We need some more fresh blood in Congress.

God I wish people could come together and force Congress to enact term limits.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

[QUOTE=mooby;1224344]I totally agree Schneed.

TMC, I hate McConnell too but I feel like he doesn't mind taking a ton of heat from the left because it deflects attention from the 95% of like-minded politicians that only care about advancing their agenda.

And I agree with you on Pelosi and Schumer, Pelosi in particular doesn't seem like she has our best interests at heart. We need some more fresh blood in Congress.

God I wish people could come together and force Congress to enact term limits.[/QUOTE]

This this this...combine this action with a lobby ban...its a swamp killer

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
MTK
\m/

Favorability ratings are sort of like power rankings in sports. Worthless.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I totally agree Schneed.

God I wish people could come together and force Congress to enact term limits.
This this this...combine this action with a lobby ban...its a swamp killer
Holy hell, 2 items that me and Chico agree on? Somebody note the date and time!
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #8
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Holy hell, 2 items that me and Chico agree on? Somebody note the date and time!
I would call the media but Chico thinks they are all liars!!!

............and I have always been for term limits.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Favorability ratings are sort of like power rankings in sports. Worthless.
This.....................

If the left had posted an unfavorable ratings list it would be called a lie by the same people who want you to believe their ratings / polls. Polls / rating can be manipulate very easily.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I think a lot of people are sick and tired of politicians doing nothing but bashing the other side and pointing fingers. The divisiveness seems to get worse each and every year. It is almost like a bunch of kindergartners calling each other names all the time. A good example is AOC, the latest politician getting daily headlines, she constantly bashes everything from A-Z. Does anything positive ever come out of her mouth?
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I would call the media but Chico thinks they are all liars!!!

............and I have always been for term limits.
So you and the Tea Party agree on one of their founding principles. Ive always said term limits only make sense.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So you and the Tea Party agree on one of their founding principles. Ive always said term limits only make sense.
You mean You and the Tea Party agree.

I agree with Mooby.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:01 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

While favorability ratings are basically as useful as power rankings, I think it's intriguing simply because even with all the dumb stuff Trump has done, AND all the media driven hatred of the man he still has a higher favorability rating then the rest of the political morons.

As for the comment about Polls, I highly value the RealClearPolitics page because they show ALL the polls, and you can get a good sense of the nation from that. What I hate is when CNN or Fox or any other media pulls one that supports their bias and makes it sound like that is the end all be all of truth finders.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #14
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
While favorability ratings are basically as useful as power rankings, I think it's intriguing simply because even with all the dumb stuff Trump has done, AND all the media driven hatred of the man he still has a higher favorability rating then the rest of the political morons.

As for the comment about Polls, I highly value the RealClearPolitics page because they show ALL the polls, and you can get a good sense of the nation from that. What I hate is when CNN or Fox or any other media pulls one that supports their bias and makes it sound like that is the end all be all of truth finders.
Did they show these polls? Honest question.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-states-2019-6

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/0...me-red-states/
Old 06-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

If you look at your Real Clear Politics link you will see that on Rasmussan gave trump a positive in the spread column. All those Polls and they are the only ones.