The Common Ground thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #61
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: The Common Ground thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Something that gets overlooked about the fourth and thinking back to the founding fathers, the ages of these revolutionaries on July 4th 1776:

Among the most notable signers were James Monroe (18), John Marshall (20), Aaron Burr (20), Alexander Hamilton (21), and James Madison (25). Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the document, was only 33. In 1780, when James Madison constructed the Constitution he was 29

The myth that these were old, rich, elder statesmen is incorrect. These were intelligent, forward thinking, young revolutionaries…the original rebels. Who went up against the powerful force in the world at the time..the British Empire. That tiny little island is amazing, but we took them down.
Very true. Not a bunch of "old white plantation owners" as is often stated by those who don't have a clue. There were a handful of older gentlemen, but the majority were under the age of 45.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...e-imagine.html

Now, what we have today is a bunch of old rich fucks running this nation into the ground - The average age of the 117th Congress is 59 years old. Comparatively, the median age of Americans, according to the most recent census data, is 38 years old.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-06-2022, 09:20 AM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ What was the average life expectancy back then for a man, like maybe 40?
It might have been less than that.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #63
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Something that gets overlooked about the fourth and thinking back to the founding fathers, the ages of these revolutionaries on July 4th 1776:

Among the most notable signers were James Monroe (18), John Marshall (20), Aaron Burr (20), Alexander Hamilton (21), and James Madison (25). Thomas Jefferson, principal author of the document, was only 33. In 1780, when James Madison constructed the Constitution he was 29

The myth that these were old, rich, elder statesmen is incorrect. These were intelligent, forward thinking, young revolutionaries…the original rebels. Who went up against the powerful force in the world at the time..the British Empire. That tiny little island is amazing, but we took them down.

There were 14 planation Owners that signed the Constitution.

6 people who weren't citizens of the United States 1 from England ,2 from Scotland ,2 from Ireland and 1 from Wales.

No one from south of SC or west of PA. Yet these people who all believed a women and slaves were not to be counted as real people wrote rules and Laws that we still must be adhered to verbatim 246 years later. Don't misunderstand they were smart people and great ideas but if you think that they could foresee what the World has evolved into and that people would take a single gun that could shoot more bullets in one min then 100 men could with muskets you're a fool and do you honestly believe they would sit back and let someone just slaughter others ,children in a school at that? just stop.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ners-factsheet

Last edited by Giantone; 07-06-2022 at 09:58 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

These seven men are most widely considered to be the "Founding Fathers". This is how old they were in 1776. I do believe five of them either owned slaves or married into slave-owning families. Unfortunately, the institution of slavery had been a part of American society for more than 150 years by 1776, and they were all born into this slaveholding society where the morality of owning slaves was rarely questioned.

James Monroe - 18
Alexander Hamilton - 21
James Madison - 25
Thomas Jefferson - 33
John Adams - 40
George Washington - 44
Benjamin Franklin - 70

While these seven are most widely considered to be the "Founding Fathers", there were many other men and women who played vital roles in attaining America's independence.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:54 AM   #65
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
These seven men are most widely considered to be the "Founding Fathers". This is how old they were in 1776. I do believe five of them either owned slaves or married into slave-owning families. Unfortunately, the institution of slavery had been a part of American society for more than 150 years by 1776, and they were all born into this slaveholding society where the morality of owning slaves was rarely questioned.

James Monroe - 18
Alexander Hamilton - 21
James Madison - 25
Thomas Jefferson - 33
John Adams - 40
George Washington - 44
Benjamin Franklin - 70

While these seven are most widely considered to be the "Founding Fathers", there were many other men and women who played vital roles in attaining America's independence.
Did any Women sign the Constitution and in your own post you question the morality of these men for Ownings slaves ,yet we follow their words like they were from God himself on all issues. Why is it we can't "update " the Constitution?
Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 AM   #66
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
There were 14 planation Owners that signed the Constitution.

6 people who weren't citizens of the United States 1 from England ,2 from Scotland ,2 from Ireland and 1 from Wales.

No one from south of SC or west of PA. Yet these people who all believed a women and slaves were not to be counted as real people wrote rules and Laws that we still must be adhered to verbatim 246 years later. Don't misunderstand they were smart people and great ideas but if you think that they could foresee what the World has evolved into and that people would take a single gun that could shoot more bullets in one min then 100 men could with muskets you're a fool and do you honestly believe they would sit back and let someone just slaughter others ,children in a school at that? just stop.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ners-factsheet
Log off and go get some fresh air. Jeez

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:57 AM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Did any Women sign the Constitution and in your own post you question the morality of these men for Ownings slaves ,yet we follow their words like they were from God himself on all issues. Why is it we can't "update " the Constitution?
I think you have missed some “updates” or amendments

I bet G1 dyes his hair blue or purple…

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2022, 09:59 AM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
^ What was the average life expectancy back then for a man, like maybe 40?
Just surviving child birth was considered a “big fucking deal” back then

He Gets Us
Old 07-06-2022, 09:59 AM   #69
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I see comrade chico is at it again, why don't you just leave this country since you hate American so much?
Old 07-06-2022, 10:02 AM   #70
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
No women signed the Constitution. You could probably look that up if you were unsure.

I don't follow anyone's words like they were from God.

We can amend the Constitution.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #71
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

How is the ERA doing?
Old 07-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
No women signed the Constitution. You could probably look that up if you were unsure.

I don't follow anyone's words like they were from God.

We can amend the Constitution.
It was sarcasm and we can but we can't . Same question why hasn't the ERA passed yet?
Old 07-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #73
nonniey
The Starter

Who was it that said that Giantone was the most Trump like of anyone who posted here for how he conducts himself in this forum? That absolutely was spot on.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:49 AM   #74
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Who was it that said that Giantone was the most Trump like of anyone who posted here for how he conducts himself in this forum? That absolutely was spot on.
Hell of a retort, took you awhile to come up with that one. Why don't you chat with chico it might take a few hours by then maybe the two of you will say something about my Mother?
Old 07-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #75
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hell of a retort, took you awhile to come up with that one. Why don't you chat with chico it might take a few hours by then maybe the two of you will say something about my Mother?
I’ll just say she was a bit of a free spirit which I always appreciated

He Gets Us