Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Your top choice for the next head coach?
Ben Johnson 25 51.02%
Bobby Slowick 3 6.12%
Mike MacDonald 10 20.41%
Raheem Morris 0 0%
Dan Quinn 2 4.08%
Mike Vrabel 2 4.08%
Bill Belichick 2 4.08%
Aaron Glenn 0 0%
Jim Harbaugh 5 10.20%
other 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 09:44 AM   #16
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Re: Potential GM/HC/Coaches Thread

I would hope that our new owner is smart enough to have at least one experienced NFL "consultant" in his team before finalising a sale for $6bn. Someone who has been evaluating the whole operation since before the sale was completed. I would hate for this to have just been started.

Advertisements
Old 10-24-2023, 10:16 AM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
The main thing I’m worried about if Harris starts making personnel moves now is the disruptive effect it will have on our still fragile, Snyderized operation. An interim HC will not automatically have player loyalty, and if the team descends into chaos (we’re a crappy team but not a dysfunctional one), players will start calling out other players and coaches, and Harris will have a much harder job putting the parts back together.

Harris must have pieces of an FO or at least a GM in the shadows that he is “virtually”grooming to take over. My guess is that he has an NFL-tested consigliere type by his side now (along with Rales, Magic), helping to evaluate and formulate plans for new leadership. Somewhere there’s a 40-year old offensive coach or assistant making his bones right now, using this season to put himself on the map. (No retreads, please.)

How Harris treats RR, MM, and the rest during the transition will send strong signals to potential replacements about what kind of owner he is. This doesn’t mean bending over to be nice to everyone, but just being deliberative and decisive when the time comes. The last thing Harris wants is to be seen as a continuation of the impetuous, revolving door administration of Dan.

My guess is that the next GM and HC are under contract now with other NFL teams and that the Harris group will do their homework and work their magic to land them when they’re available for interviews.

Next 10-games = more fan pain, but more clarity on who’s got what it takes to be part of a winning franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everything except the team will descend into chaos. Didn’t Jonathan Allen, the leader of our defense and team, just say that we have been trash all through Rons tenure and before that?
They are already a crappy team like you said, and apparently not afraid to tell the world they are sick of this shit that never changes.

Do I think that shit canning Ron will help? Probably not because I dont think they have the personnel or an interim that will help. But shit canning Ron certainly will not hurt either. It will probably help with clock management and maybe, just maybe with motivation. Two things, very important things, that Ron is sorely lacking in.

Either way I am of the belief that this is the final year with Snyders trash around. So ride it out, or don’t. Probably doesn’t really matter at this point.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #18
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't have any potential suggestions. However, I am soooo glad EB came here now. Why, because had he been anywhere else, he likely would have been my top choice. I am officially cleared of that delusion.
EB needs way more than 7 games calling plays in his career as an OC before anyone realistically should think he deserves an opportunity as a head coach. Hopefully the days of Jim Zorning are behind us
Old 10-24-2023, 10:57 AM   #19
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Hadn't crossed my mind before you mentioned it. Harris can simply keep Rivera as HC, but strip him of any GM jobs he has and hire a real GM now. He wouldn't even have to fire anyone yet, because we don't have an official General Manager. He can simply create the position now, hire someone, then fire the rest of the people after the year. Good post!
Mayhew holds the official title of GM. So they would have to fire him and strip Rivera of any personnel responsibilities (or just fire him too).
Old 10-24-2023, 10:59 AM   #20
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Idk about the GM position and how that will be handled. It's hard to judge Mayhew when Ron is over him. I would not be opposed to keeping him if he impresses ownership, is given power to pick players and his own coach. I'm not down on him as much as I am on Ron, EB and Jack. MM knows how important o-line play is. He saw it up close. But since he's attached to Ron, he'll most likely be shown the door.

I think Johnson has to be the number one guy on their list for HC.
Mayhew was horrible with the Lions too . . . PASS!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2023, 11:01 AM   #21
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
I would hope that our new owner is smart enough to have at least one experienced NFL "consultant" in his team before finalising a sale for $6bn. Someone who has been evaluating the whole operation since before the sale was completed. I would hate for this to have just been started.
Agreed . . . there most likely has already been calls to potential GM candidates too.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:21 PM   #22
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Maybe a female GM?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-is-long...l-manager-role

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-24-2023, 12:41 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wonder how many HC / GM threads this page has produced over the years
Old 10-24-2023, 12:42 PM   #24
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I have no problem with hiring a female GM as long as she is a former NFL player.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:47 PM   #25
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
If I were them I'd fire Mayhew and hire a real GM soon. Then let that GM have a bit of time before the off season gets here to learn all he needs to know. Being that Mayhew is really second fiddle to Rivera, it may mean you have to get rid of Rivera now. Does it matter who the interim coach is? just evaluate what is left, including every FO employee. Its time to clean house . . . very thoroughly!!

Absolutely the first move that should be made. It is possible he has his sights on someone currently employed though. Either way it is move 1, before the season ends or after, but I wouldn’t rush to get someone in there. If he wants to wait until the offseason Im fine with it actually.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:48 PM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I wonder how many HC / GM threads this page has produced over the years

Almost as many as new quarterback threads.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #27
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Almost as many as new quarterback threads.
SAD
Old 10-24-2023, 12:56 PM   #28
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I have no problem with hiring a female GM as long as she is a former NFL player.
Why does that matter? Some of the best GMs have never stepped foot on an NFL field. Analyzing talent and understanding economics have zilch to do with athletic ability.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:57 PM   #29
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Why does that matter? Some of the best GMs have never stepped foot on an NFL field. Analyzing talent and understanding economics have zilch to do with athletic ability.
Lol,, think you missed the point there
Old 10-24-2023, 01:04 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The only thing that matters is, is she hot?
Closed Thread