RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2020, 09:32 PM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
KJ Costello, you’ll hear his name more and more.

Or less n less. 623 yards than the bench. Lol. Has there ever been two more polar opposite performances? Was he good at Stanford?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2020, 09:43 PM   #77
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
KJ Costello, you’ll hear his name more and more.

He sucks
Old 10-12-2020, 09:44 PM   #78
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Or less n less. 623 yards than the bench. Lol. Has there ever been two more polar opposite performances? Was he good at Stanford?

He’s a turnover machine in college, and arm is not that great. No thanks. He’ll probably be a 5-7 round guy unless he goes ape shit the rest of the year
Old 10-12-2020, 10:09 PM   #79
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He’s a turnover machine in college, and arm is not that great. No thanks. He’ll probably be a 5-7 round guy unless he goes ape shit the rest of the year

Yeah i sort of figured that 600 yard performance was a product of the system...air raid.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Yeah i sort of figured that 600 yard performance was a product of the system...air raid.

It was, he was straight garbage against Kentucky this week.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:50 PM   #81
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This...Holcomb and Charles especially. I think these two could be future pieces, play their ass.

I heard Bostic was garbage Sunday? True?
Yop.

Love him, usually a tough mofo and a good tackler. None of that on Sunday, caught out of place a lot and missed tackles...
Old 10-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #82
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
He didnt play against Baltimore, also I wonder how much the injury affected him.
Stop talking sense! Now that he's hurt and can't play at 100% it's time to start trashing him and suggesting that we should have taken a QB at #2. Well, in real life he's the player we drafted and I think he'll be a great player. When he's fully healed he'll be back to terrorizing QB's.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:21 AM   #83
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Moving forward, what will make this team better the rest of the season:

Start Holcomb at LB
Replace Martin with either Schwitzer or Garnett when Scherff returns
Bench Apke and promote Jeremy Reaves from the PS
Put Charles at LT, let’s see what he can do
You've got my vote, SF.

What's the status of Charles' calf injury? It's taking a long time for him to get on the field. Was half of his calf blown off by a grenade or something?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:40 AM   #84
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Stop talking sense! Now that he's hurt and can't play at 100% it's time to start trashing him and suggesting that we should have taken a QB at #2. Well, in real life he's the player we drafted and I think he'll be a great player. When he's fully healed he'll be back to terrorizing QB's.
This!

Why are so many ripping into every element of the team? He's probably playing hurt, and besides that, now teams have film on us and we're pretty one dimensional, doesn't it occur to people that teams are attacking our weak spots, negating what we did do well in week 1?

We have no offense, so the D is on the field far too long, and within that the LB and DB core is weak, particularly at S, so they are attacking the middle of the field. I've only looked at the 'high' lights from the Rams game, but Goff needed less than 3 seconds to throw on nearly every drop back and that includes the long TD that Collins got burnt on (Smith, by comparison seemed to have less than 2.5 seconds to set up and throw EVERY time). Pass rush didn't have time to get there.

And on Sweat's sack at least, CY was double teamed AND chipped by the RB. If he's getting DT'd regularly then the rest of the line need to step up. But even then, if the back 7 can't cover, then the DL won't have time to reach the QB anyway.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:22 AM   #85
rocnrik
Playmaker

QB and OL is the best medicine this team needs .. you guys are correct without Pass protection it does not matter really who is back there unless it’s Lamar Jackson and can run .. our O line is the worst in the nfl ...need to fix OL through free agency and after QB start drafting OL !! We can find a DB in free agency..I would like to see Allen play well enough to be a solid backup ... I have to say though there is some bad football teams out there .. the entire NFC east , jets , bengals,falcons ... whew
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #86
MTK
\m/

I would have liked to see a full game out of Kyle Allen. Don't know what Ron was thinking in not putting him back in since he was cleared to play. He said he wanted to protect Allen by playing the guy who had 17 leg surgeries instead?? I'm sorry but Ron is starting to lose me.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #87
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I would have liked to see a full game out of Kyle Allen. Don't know what Ron was thinking in not putting him back in since he was cleared to play. He said he wanted to protect Allen by playing the guy who had 17 leg surgeries instead?? I'm sorry but Ron is starting to lose me.
Yeah I was all on the RR train but his decision making so far has been very questionable.. He says "I believe in Dwayne and it's his job" then benches him a week later.

Last week "We have a shot at this thing" Goes out and gets rolled by the Rams.

After the game "We just have to keep getting better and I really believe we are"

Dude stop the bullshit, this team is garbage and we just need to go 1-15 to grab the #1 or #2 pick. Stop with the mixed messages
Old 10-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I’m with you. I hope Ron steps away and gets the treatment he needs. His press conferences have become comedy hour. I’m gonna give him a mulligan this year, just get better dude.

And, The faster Alex Smith and Haskins are off the team the better

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:28 AM   #89
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I mean does anybody really believe we're competing for a division title? We've lost 7 straight by double digits, we're literally 1 more away from setting a new NFL record. How about we lose a game by single digits first?

I think Ron is just conducting tryouts right now, hoping someone will step up and seize a job. Way too many holes on this roster to actually compete for a division title.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #90
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’m with you. I hope Ron steps away and gets the treatment he needs. His press conferences have become comedy hour. I’m gonna give him a mulligan this year, just get better dude.

And, The faster Alex Smith and Haskins are off the team the better
I know the consensus is that his cancer treatment isn't affecting his ability to coach or lead the team, but realistically of course it is to some extent.

Just hope this isn't another situation where an injured athlete (or coach in our case) thinks he needs to be out there because it shows toughness. It's like Jimmy G in SF, the boy is injured and needs to heal, but he wants to show he can play through the pain even though he's hurting the team worse with his ineffective play.

If Ron needs to step away to focus on his treatment I am sure everyone would give him full support to do so.