The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 09-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #1591
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Trump's fault. He called Joe Biden and tricked him, telling him she was still alive.
Seriously the two of your are a fucking embarrassment.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2022, 03:15 PM   #1592
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:27 PM   #1593
SunnySide
Playmaker

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A Gadsden County Commissioner appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis abruptly resigned last week after pictures allegedly showing him in a Ku Klux Klan outfit started to circulate, according to Gadsden County Sheriff Morris Young.

Young said that the pictures were brought to him last Tuesday and multiple people told him the pictures were of Gadsden County Commissioner Jeff Moore. He said when he approached Moore about the pictures, Moore did not deny it was him.

“He never denied at all. Refuted nothing when I showed him the pictures,” Young said in an interview. Young, who is Black, endorsed DeSantis. “I thought he needed to resign, and I told him that.”

Moore, a Republican, was appointed by DeSantis to serve as commissioner in early August. The governor’s office confirmed on Monday that Moore resigned last week, but said they did not know why.

“We are in the middle of hurricane prep, I’m not aware of the photo you sent but Jeff did submit his resignation last week,” said Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ communications director.

On Monday, Moore said he was in the middle of preparations for Hurricane Ian and would reach out on Tuesday or Wednesday. He has since not responded to multiple requests seeking comment.

The pictures began to circulate in Gadsden County in recent weeks and made them to Young’s desk last Tuesday by a group of people from the county.

“That was the first time I had seen them or started having to deal with it,” he said. “He told me it was a costume.”

Gadsden County is located in rural North Florida along the Georgia border and has a Black population of 55 percent, one of the highest in the state. When DeSantis appointed Moore he was the only non-Black member of the county commission.

“I’m not surprised Gov. DeSantis would appoint someone with this ideology,” said president of the NAACP Tallahassee Chapter Mutaqee Akbar. “Even if they didn’t know about the picture, it’s the kind of person I can see him picking.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-...225627806.html

Picking the only white guy candidate in a majority black county ....

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:28 PM   #1594
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...e-house-event/

Biden asks if lawmaker killed in August accident is in attendance at White House event

Explain this please

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #1595
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A Gadsden County Commissioner appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis abruptly resigned last week after pictures allegedly showing him in a Ku Klux Klan outfit started to circulate, according to Gadsden County Sheriff Morris Young.

Young said that the pictures were brought to him last Tuesday and multiple people told him the pictures were of Gadsden County Commissioner Jeff Moore. He said when he approached Moore about the pictures, Moore did not deny it was him.

On Monday, Moore said he was in the middle of preparations for Hurricane Ian and would reach out on Tuesday or Wednesday. He has since not responded to multiple requests seeking comment.

The pictures began to circulate in Gadsden County in recent weeks and made them to Young’s desk last Tuesday by a group of people from the county.

“That was the first time I had seen them or started having to deal with it,” he said. “He told me it was a costume.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-...225627806.html

Picking the only white guy candidate in a majority black county ....

Let me tell you about our previous Democrat Governor Ralph Northam…your not gonna believe what he dressed up in…and his nickname in college

He Gets Us
Old 09-28-2022, 06:45 PM   #1596
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...e-house-event/

Biden asks if lawmaker killed in August accident is in attendance at White House event

Explain this please
Can't speak about something I know nothing about, you should fucking try it.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:56 AM   #1597
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
You 're a fool , a real fool!
Except he is exactly right in this instance. When it comes to the filibuster Dems like to project.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:59 AM   #1598
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
1. McConnell had just killed the filibuster for SC nominees

2. McConnell's biggest goal was passing tax cuts for the rich .. which they were able to do though budget reconciliation, so they were able to avoid the 60 vote requirement

3. Dont worry .. Im not worried about republicans passing bills/policy to help struggling people out

4. You know in your heart that republicans will be the ones to do away w the legislative filibuster (but that hypothetical guessing)
Come on now killing the filibuster for SC nominees was a response to what Reid did with the filibuster 2 years before and also what Reid said the Dems would do with the rest of the filibusters after the 2016 election (which he fully expected to win).
Old 09-29-2022, 10:11 AM   #1599
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Let me tell you about our previous Democrat Governor Ralph Northam…your not gonna believe what he dressed up in…and his nickname in college
Yeah .. him and Trudeau. In what world could you get away with that? Dress up in black face when I was a kid and wed kick your ass. But around the DMV we are very diversified vs other parts of the country.

Was this guy Moore dressed in KKK for halloween or as a KKK member?

Does it matter?

----------------

Nonniey - yes, dem did dumb, repub did dumb .. (then McConnell held up garland and rushed the tongue speaker) ...and now the SCROTUM is a political branch of the R.

-------------------------

The filibuster is in trouble. President Joe Biden has come out in favor of reforming it, and Democrats in the Senate are weighing alternatives. But the strongest sign that its days are numbered is that the Republican leader Mitch McConnell is threatening Armageddon if the other party touches it. No one presently—or perhaps ever—in the Senate has practiced the dark art of obstruction as relentlessly as the current minority leader. And the Kentucky senator’s most effective weapon, requiring 60 votes for virtually everything the opposing party wants to do, has been the filibuster. Democrats can propose legislation that voters strongly support—a higher minimum wage, a path to citizenship for Dreamers, background checks for gun purchasers, safeguards for Americans’ ability to cast ballots—and McConnell can strangle it off camera with a minimum of notice or fuss.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ngress/618346/

I cant find the article I read yesterday but this article is in the same vein

Doesnt matter though ... were broken.

We have a religious minority, with the inherent benefits to them (EC, gerry, 2 senators for each state regardless of pop) .. making religious policy for everyone.

Last edited by SunnySide; 09-29-2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:46 AM   #1600
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.tiogapublishing.com/wh-s...4a7e3a84c.html

Karine Jean-Pierre Is a complete idiot trying to defend a President who appears to have early signs of dementia or some other cognitive impairment.

He Gets Us
Old 09-29-2022, 11:55 AM   #1601
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
https://www.tiogapublishing.com/wh-s...4a7e3a84c.html

Karine Jean-Pierre Is a complete idiot trying to defend a President who appears to have early signs of dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
Ehhh .. he was trying to give a positive shout out to a republican rep

Yes Joe aint sharp .. but his heart is in the right place.

We need more positive interaction btw the parties

let fox news and people who hate Biden run with it ... keep posting about it, keep publicizing the same article slightly re-hashed
Old 09-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #1602
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ehhh .. he was trying to give a positive shout out to a republican rep

Yes Joe aint sharp .. but his heart is in the right place.

We need more positive interaction btw the parties

let fox news and people who hate Biden run with it ... keep posting about it, keep publicizing the same article slightly re-hashed
Lol…ahhhh yes. I remember you saying the samething several years ago under the previous administration. Back in the old days

He Gets Us
Old 09-29-2022, 12:34 PM   #1603
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Lol…ahhhh yes. I remember you saying the samething several years ago under the previous administration. Back in the old days
what?

Like when Trump would mis speak? Dude he just double downed on "covfefe" and anything else he said. Or when he would say something odd (buy greenland, drink bleach.. and his supporters would say hes playing 5d chess.

--------

This isnt about trump. Its about Joe having a brain fart.

Crucify him all you want. Next week .. we will find a new mole hill.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:13 PM   #1604
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
what?

Like when Trump would mis speak? Dude he just double downed on "covfefe" and anything else he said. Or when he would say something odd (buy greenland, drink bleach.. and his supporters would say hes playing 5d chess.

--------

This isnt about trump. Its about Joe having a brain fart.

Crucify him all you want. Next week .. we will find a new mole hill.

Point being that claiming that McConnel is going to shitcan the legislative filibuster is ridiculous, primarily because the filibuster is more useful to the Republicans than the Dems. McConnel wouldn't have even changed the Judicial portion if Reid hadn't already done so.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #1605
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Point being that claiming that McConnel is going to shitcan the legislative filibuster is ridiculous, primarily because the filibuster is more useful to the Republicans than the Dems. McConnel wouldn't have even changed the Judicial portion if Reid hadn't already done so.
Yeah thats what Im reading up on ... Republicans can push their agenda through reconciliation but democrats policy wishes cant be squeezed into reconciliation.

Once McConnell is gone, Id put money on Rs being the ones .. hard to believe he was the levy holding that back a few yrs ago.

besides .. if Dems did use reconciliation .. the SCOTUS would just say that goes beyond the scope and powers etc .. like they said the ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY doesnt have the power to curb emissions.

--------------

Did I link an article a few days ago re some R saying the SCOTUS would just overrule whatever policy an agency was trying to make that he disagreed with? in and out the brain on the substance of it

I do see Rs using their SCROTUM to over rule any agency issues they dont like anyway

SCOTUS is their psuedo legislative branch now.