Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Training Camp is fast approaching What....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Training Camp is fast approaching What....

I've never seen a QB bashed as much as Wentz after having a 27 / 7 TD INT ratio lmao. Is he ELITE? No but good lord you would think he was some douchbag POS.

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I've never seen a QB bashed as much as Wentz after having a 27 / 7 TD INT ratio lmao. Is he ELITE? No but good lord you would think he was some douchbag POS.
I’ve heard more praise for Henike and Alex Smith…which is insane

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 10:58 AM   #33
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
His he the best we could get at this time, yup.
Exactly. Of all the options available, he was the best easily. Not a sure fire bonafide franchise qb in the draft. Watson was way too risky and didn't want to come here anyway. Most don't of course. Ryan is old. Mariotta doesn't have the passing ability that Wentz has. Wilson didn't want to come here, was very expensive, and is 4 years older that Wentz. Wentz was the best option on a good deal and amazingly wants to be here.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 12:21 PM   #34
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I’ve heard more praise for Henike and Alex Smith…which is insane
Exactly, I don't get it... Lets wait and see what he can do first
Old 07-07-2022, 01:18 PM   #35
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Players I'm looking forward to see:

Jahan Dotson
Ben St. Juste
Brian Robinson
Dyami Brown
Cole Turner
Jamin Davis

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #36
redskins1
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Understatement of the off-season...Spot On
redskins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #37
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
The funny thing is he's only had 1 outright bad year when he was hurt. Yeah he played bad in the last game of the year last year but the entire Colts team did too, wasnt just him.

I think what people notice is that all his turnover are a "What the hell were you looking at?" Type turnover

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #38
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
The funny thing is he's only had 1 outright bad year when he was hurt. Yeah he played bad in the last game of the year last year but the entire Colts team did too, wasnt just him.

I think what people notice is that all his turnover are a "What the hell were you looking at?" Type turnover
I'm rooting even more for him now. Call me a homer and yeah it's true but that dude doesn't deserve this backlash... I've seen some ranking him under Trey Lance lmao, Trey lance cant even beat out Jimmy G
Old 07-07-2022, 07:00 PM   #39
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Not such a lazy narrative. So what you're saying is that he had "bad moments" in the 16th and 17th games of the season with the PLAYOFFS on the line but he didn't choke? Those "bad moments" were some of the worst plays by a panic-stricken QB that I've ever seen. The interception he threw from his own end zone was atrocious. On the other hand, he ran up his stats in early season games which were not in the must win category. BFD. They lost their last chance game to the Jaguars, for Pete's sake. So please don't criticize me for calling choking by its proper name.

Look, we all want him to succeed here but he is flawed so don't start thinking that we are set at QB. "We'll see" is the best I can say about him at this time.
I don't think "we'll see" is an unfair take to have about Wentz at this time. I think he was the best option this team could get at the time, but it's true that he was let go by 2 teams for some reasons, and if he was still the 2017 Wentz he wouldn't be on our team.

All I'm saying is the narrative that he choked the playoffs away needs to be tempered.
He had an off game against the Raiders coming of just having Covid, maybe not sick but screwed up preparation and he was just off.
Against the Jags he had a couple of drives where he forced some throws and one of them ended up in an ugly INT, but apart from that he was having a very decent day, had some beautiful throws repeatedly dropped by his receivers, his Oline couldn't block, the running game couldn't get half a yard on 3rd/4rd and short, and the defense made Jacksonville look like Kansas City... He didn't choke that game, the whole team did.

Now, is it legit, from those 2 games and his career since his injury, to be aware that he has some mental toughness issues and isn't Tom Brady in the face of adversity ? For sure. But to run away with it and say we're shaky at QB is a stretch IMO. We have a legit starter, coming with some question marks, and probably not our long awaited franchise QB, but an improvement above what we had.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:10 PM   #40
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Players I'm looking forward to see:

Jahan Dotson
Ben St. Juste
Brian Robinson
Dyami Brown
Cole Turner
Jamin Davis
These are the guys that need to come in and make a difference to lift this team with their play. These are big play guys in college, can they we get some of that this year?

A+ list quake

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:59 AM   #41
SunnySide
Playmaker

Not a position battle but Im interested to see what our offensive scheme will be.

Past few years we've been handicapped to a degree - limited to pre determined one look plays and short quick game. This was a good job by Turner to work with what you got and not expose our weaknesses but our O line was bottom 10 on longer developing plays.

This years offense should have more longer developing plays and Wentz isnt the best at quick decision making, taking what the D gives you.

Im interested in if this O line, with an average maybe below average LT in Leno, can hold up. Can Wentz make the right decisions on when to hang in there vs checking it down in the face of pressure.

if Wentz gets injured .. its back to pee wee football.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:03 AM   #42
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Not a position battle but Im interested to see what our offensive scheme will be.

Past few years we've been handicapped to a degree - limited to pre determined one look plays and short quick game. This was a good job by Turner to work with what you got and not expose our weaknesses but our O line was bottom 10 on longer developing plays.

This years offense should have more longer developing plays and Wentz isnt the best at quick decision making, taking what the D gives you.

Im interested in if this O line, with an average maybe below average LT in Leno, can hold up. Can Wentz make the right decisions on when to hang in there vs checking it down in the face of pressure.

if Wentz gets injured .. its back to pee wee football.
I think (and hope) that defenses will be mindful of our passing game, and this will help us improve the run. In previous years, I felt that defenses would just bring everyone to the line to stop the run and did not see the pass as any threat. Hopefully that will change this year with the QB change and a hopefully much improved receiver group.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #43
calia
Playmaker

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/xOAb..._July_2022.jpg

Looking at this depth chart, our situation at LB and T is thin - I’m hoping we can shed some of the G who won’t make the team and get some more competition for those two positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2022, 10:59 AM   #44
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

Looking at this depth chart, our situation at LB and T is thin - I’m hoping we can shed some of the G who won’t make the team and get some more competition for those two positions.

Maybe this will work:

Old 07-09-2022, 12:30 PM   #45
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

I could be wrong but I think that Saddiq Charles has been practising at OT through the OTAs
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote