Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants part 1 Dumpster Fire postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-19-2020, 01:14 PM   #76
MTK
\m/

Re: Giants part 1 Dumpster Fire postgame

Allen is a good backup but he's not a starter.

Advertisements
Old 10-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He's better than Haskins but he is another Case Keenum type..
You know, I think he could be better than Keemun but a guy who is suited as a no 2 who knows the offense has value.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:39 PM   #78
Burgold
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Everyone on here is going to be SO mad when this team beats the Cowboys next week.
I want some of what you're smokin!!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #79
Burgold
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
You know, I think he could be better than Keemun but a guy who is suited as a no 2 who knows the offense has value.
He ain't better than anybody...HE'S A FREAKIN BUM!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:12 PM   #80
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Allen was the main reason we were in the game, and he was the main reason we lost. He is better than DH. But our expectations at QB are just to have a QB who can function and hit underneath passes.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #81
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Allen is FAR BETTER than Haskins, not even close.

They're both turnover machines, but Allen actually looks around the field and doesn't telegraph every pass. He also doesn't run backwards 15 yards for a sack. He may not execute every time but he's a better decision maker than Dwayne.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #82
Coff
Impact Rookie

Three thoughts after the game:
1. I want them to win every game. Losing for picks isn't worth it. Take a look around the league, look at the best QBs: Rothlisberger, Mahomes, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Wilson, Jackson. Not one of those guys was taken higher than #10 in the draft. Quality scouts will find quality players. We have a good scouting department, as long as Snyder doesn't get in the way.

2. The most frustrating thing about Landon Collins isn't Collins' fault. It's the team's fault. Who the hell pays a safety that kind of money???

3. There was a missed penalty on the 2-point conversion. Gibson got shoved to the ground by a Giant LB. Doesn't matter that he was within five yards, because he was shoved from behind. Right in the middle of the field at the goal line. Don't know how the refs missed it.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #83
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Three thoughts after the game:
1. I want them to win every game. Losing for picks isn't worth it. Take a look around the league, look at the best QBs: Rothlisberger, Mahomes, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Wilson, Jackson. Not one of those guys was taken higher than #10 in the draft. Quality scouts will find quality players. We have a good scouting department, as long as Snyder doesn't get in the way.

2. The most frustrating thing about Landon Collins isn't Collins' fault. It's the team's fault. Who the hell pays a safety that kind of money???

3. There was a missed penalty on the 2-point conversion. Gibson got shoved to the ground by a Giant LB. Doesn't matter that he was within five yards, because he was shoved from behind. Right in the middle of the field at the goal line. Don't know how the refs missed it.
Yeah, and then he basically just stood there and watched his QB scramble and back pedal to no avail, rather than put himself in a position to give his QB a chance.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #84
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post

Good call. I thought perhaps Allen was outside the pocket (then it is legal to hit in back within 5 yards of LOS). Looked at the replay and the contact to back was early and Allen was clearly within the pocket.

---------------

ARTICLE 1. LEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS

Within the area five yards beyond the line of scrimmage, a defensive player may chuck an eligible receiver in front of him. The defender is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone, so long as the receiver has not moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

ARTICLE 2. ILLEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS

Within the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender may not make original contact in the back of a receiver, nor may he maintain contact after the receiver has moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

Note: If a defender contacts a receiver within the five-yard zone of the line of scrimmage, loses contact, and then contacts him again within the five-yard zone, it is a foul for illegal contact.

ARTICLE 3. ILLEGAL CONTACT BEYOND FIVE-YARD ZONE

Beyond the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender cannot initiate contact with a receiver who is attempting to evade him. A defender may use his hands or arms only to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver.
https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...legal-contact/

------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F6NKOjRYv8
^ 2 point play
--------------------------

I was surprised RR didnt challenge for PI on that non-call on our last drive, we scored anyway later on that drive but still looked like Logan Ryan got there early.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #85
SunnySide
Playmaker

But im a little confused on a hypothetical play, I think Richard Sherman exploited this rule a few years ago.

If a QB breaks the pocket but is still holding onto the ball, cant you make contact with a receiver past the 5 yard line as long as youre not holding them? Didnt Sherman do this a few years ago and everyone was screaming PI or illegal contact but since the QB was outside the pocket it was a legal play?

Obviously dangerous bc if you make contact when the QB throws the ball, it would be PI.

or if refs think you held the receiver (defensive holding)

or refs just flag it bc it looks like a foul and cant be convinced to pick it up

----------------------------

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/11...-walter-powell

^^ clear video and explanation of the play back in 2016. Sherman just leveled him. Why dont CBs do this more often? just make sure not to hold and not hit from the back.

Im guessing youd be too worried refs would flag it anyway
Old 10-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #86
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Rivera: my message is consistent https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/10/19...een-consistent
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:44 PM   #87
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I came away with just two thoughts from this game.

1. The thing that I like about Kyle Allen is that he is able to play well enough to sustain drives so the coaches can see more plays to evaluate the offensive players. That's the main thing I think we need from him right now in this first season of the team build.

2. I am sorely disappointed with Scott Turner's play calling in general. In particular, I was disappointed by the fact that he didn't have anything special drawn up for the two point conversion.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:43 AM   #88
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I came away with just two thoughts from this game.

1. The thing that I like about Kyle Allen is that he is able to play well enough to sustain drives so the coaches can see more plays to evaluate the offensive players. That's the main thing I think we need from him right now in this first season of the team build.

2. I am sorely disappointed with Scott Turner's play calling in general. In particular, I was disappointed by the fact that he didn't have anything special drawn up for the two point conversion.
Define special. Do you think they didn't pick their top 2-point conversion play? I'm sure they had a play on their board that they thought would get them the necessary two yards. Sometimes the other team just executes better...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:32 AM   #89
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Define special. Do you think they didn't pick their top 2-point conversion play? I'm sure they had a play on their board that they thought would get them the necessary two yards. Sometimes the other team just executes better...
I think they should have run something that they hadn't run before and put on tape. And you're right about how well the Giants defended that play.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #90
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I love Cooley breakdown of WR AGG...”lost, he looks lost and doesn’t know what he is doing”

Always great to hear about how the rookie is progressing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote