Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

With the 17 pick, the Washington Redskins select...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-06-2017, 04:09 PM   #31
los panda
Pro Bowl

Thumbs up Re: With the 17 pick, the Washington Redskins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I wasn't aware of any legal issues and i'm fine with not drafting "bad hombres" but it's really hard to win with boyscouts.
I'm not saying we should draft Aaron Hernandez but we can't pass on the next Randy Moss either.
We can't be afraid to coach these guys.

I'm not interested in McCaffrey. He reminds me of Joe McKnight from USC, not worth a first IMO but it looks like the NFL doesn't agree with me or maybe they hope to sell a lot of jerseys.
i like this one a lot. not high on the mac attack, don't want to let a moss type talent slip through the cracks.

moss stayed on the field and scored a shit ton of tds. from 1998 through 2009 i think he missed 6 games and failed to eclipse 1,000 yards only twice, scoring double digit tds in all but 3 of those seasons.

Advertisements
Old 04-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: With the 17 pick, the Washington Redskins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I wasn't aware of any legal issues and i'm fine with not drafting "bad hombres" but it's really hard to win with boyscouts.
I'm not saying we should draft Aaron Hernandez but we can't pass on the next Randy Moss either.
We can't be afraid to coach these guys.

I'm not interested in McCaffrey. He reminds me of Joe McKnight from USC, not worth a first IMO but it looks like the NFL doesn't agree with me or maybe they hope to sell a lot of jerseys.
Yeah Cook or Mixon would be good picks imo at RB. Either one could make this offense bigly. We got a plodder, move-the-pile-guy in Kelly. We need a homerun threat. I know Cook and Mix got wrap game, but when it comes to ballin, as long as Jay is gud, Im good.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

More today about McCaffrey and Skins...Rapoport saying Skins got alot of interest.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers, Broncos and Redskins "loom" for Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey.

McCaffrey to the Panthers at No. 8 has been the rumor du jour the past few days, while he was previously linked to the Broncos at No. 20. The Redskins at No. 17 are new. There have been multiple recent reports that McCaffrey could go in the top 10, but it still seems a little far-fetched. There's no question all three teams badly need running back help.

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2017, 04:31 PM   #34
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
More today about McCaffrey and Skins...Rapoport saying Skins got alot of interest.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers, Broncos and Redskins "loom" for Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey.

McCaffrey to the Panthers at No. 8 has been the rumor du jour the past few days, while he was previously linked to the Broncos at No. 20. The Redskins at No. 17 are new. There have been multiple recent reports that McCaffrey could go in the top 10, but it still seems a little far-fetched. There's no question all three teams badly need running back help.
i don't agree w that. i'm happy w fat rob while acknowledging that he's not a game changer.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i don't agree w that. i'm happy w fat rob while acknowledging that he's not a game changer.
We could certainly do worse, like a Matt Jones for example.

Idc if we pick McCaffrey, if he's the BPA do it. Fer chrissakes just 3 short years ago there were like 2 quality picks in the top 13. Point is, 3 years from now this draft class might look exactly like the 2013 draft. Pick the BPA. I haven't seen McCaffrey's highlight reel but if they feel he's the BPA, do it.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #36
dej733
Camp Scrub

Today I was listening to the SiriusXM NFL channel on my way home from work; Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan completed a live two round mock draft. They had the Redskins trading back to the 25th pick of the first round (compensation: 2017 and 2018 3rd round draft picks) and selecting LB Zach Cunningham. In the second round, they had the Skins selecting DL Caleb Brantley.
I would be happy with those draft picks in the first two rounds. McCaffrey, Cook and Fournette were gone before pick 17; trading back was a smart move.
dej733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 AM   #37
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Zach Cunningham
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #38
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dej733 View Post
Today I was listening to the SiriusXM NFL channel on my way home from work; Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan completed a live two round mock draft. They had the Redskins trading back to the 25th pick of the first round (compensation: 2017 and 2018 3rd round draft picks) and selecting LB Zach Cunningham. In the second round, they had the Skins selecting DL Caleb Brantley.
I would be happy with those draft picks in the first two rounds. McCaffrey, Cook and Fournette were gone before pick 17; trading back was a smart move.
I like the trade and the picks. Getting third round picks this year and next would be very nice.

I think Cunningham is a solid first rounder at a position of need. The only thing I don't like about him is his tackling technique. He tackles like he's wrestling a steer, so that will need to be improved.

I definitely see Brantley as a solid second round pick for us. He has his strengths and weaknesses but he would bring us the kind of talent we need on the DL. He can play in the middle, he can penetrate, and he should be able to play on all three downs.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:50 AM   #39
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would agree only if Matt Jones would have panned out...it is a severe need.

IMO, the greatest needs right now is D-Line and RB.

I think Guard/interior Oline is a legit second tier....John Sullivan signed with the Rams this week. Kory L retired. I wouldn't mind spending both 4th round picks on the Oline interior...there are legit C/Guard prospects in this draft.

He Gets Us
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #40
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.BUTZ65 View Post
Go big or go home! Malik Mcdowell, DT, Michigan State
I like him as well. Has a high ceiling. Put him at DE in our 3-4 and draft an immovable NT in round 2. We would be miles ahead of last season on the d-line.
This draft is deep in d-lineman, so reaching is not a worry.
Meaning we would not have to reach.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
i've been conditioned to doubt white rbs over the last several decades.

it seems that for every danny woodhead, there are several toby gerharts.

I cannot even think of another one since Riggins besides those two. Lol. Alstott but he was a fb.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #42
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
What did he praise him for? Perhaps it was for landing a snappy combination of punches on the face of an innocent young woman whom he and his buddies were harassing and intimidating. I don't want to ever see him in a Redskins uniform.

Yeah i do not want that head-case anywhere near our team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #43
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I really hope we don't take a RB. Backs can always be found in the middle and later rounds.
You are correct. RB's and WR's are a dime a dozen. Look at this Years free agency, Adrian Peterson, Desean Jackson, Pierre Garçon.
Every year is the same thing. We got Pierre and Desean for nothing. Why spend a valuable 17th pick on a running back?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:49 PM   #44
skinsqc
Camp Scrub

If foster is there and we don't take him I'll cry, maybe the next ray lewis.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #45
30gut
Playmaker

Pick 17 my thoughts:

I want someone that can come in help the defense day 1.

This draft is supposed to be deep at CB, S and Edge rusher.

I want to help the DL but the only DL prospect that might be worthy of pick 17 has someone questions marks that turn me off. I like McDowell, talented kid, but too many question marks for me and I wouldn't want to force the picks.

The biggest area of weakness in my eyes is the pass defense and the weakest area of the pass coverage more then pass rush although pass rush is always a need. I would want the highest rated CB, S or Edge rusher on the board:

Tre'Davious White CB
Gareon Conley CB
Takkarist McKinley Edge
Haason Reddick ILB/OLB
Derek Barnett Edge

----------------------------------------------------

If the FO knows they can't/won't sign Kirk to a long term deal I want a QB either Watson or Trubisky. Although I like some of the other QBs these are the only QBs I would take at 17.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote