Ravens Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #46
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Ravens Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I thought the front 7 defense played better against mobile QB this time, they looked a little bit more aggressive in containing Jackson than they did in the Cardinals game with Murray. The secondary is a different story.
Agreed.

It's realy weird, we clearly had an ugly loss to a far better team... but I didn't think the Ravens looked truly dominant.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2020, 09:57 AM   #47
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Agreed.

It's realy weird, we clearly had an ugly loss to a far better team... but I didn't think the Ravens looked truly dominant.

The loss isn't that ugly, compared to last week. Ravens is a good team but isn't the team to beat - once you stop their running game, you have a good chance of winning the game.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #48
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I said the very same thing leading up to draft ... without a QB you ain’t got nothing ... As great a prospect as Young is I wanted team to trade out of that spot and get a QB AND another player of need ... OL ,TE , .. it’s water over the damn now... we need a QB !!
This. QB over any position. Taking Tua would have been a huge risk, but if I were the GM of the Redskins I would have taken that risk- and hoped Tua would get past the injury bug.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

One thing I’ll say, Gibson and Terry are growing in the offense. Gibson looks legit.

Also, I’m officially good with not paying Schreff. The guy we have starting is playing just as well. Moses too has returned to form as a solid RT. Our oline is growing and have been better, still like to see Charles challenge at LT and think Wes Martin is the weaklink

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #50
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Grades from yesterday

Gibson = 83.8
Terry = 80.7
Dwayne = 76.3
Moses = 73 (Our best Lineman)

Fuller = 86.5
Davis Sr. = 73.1

Pass rush grade is shit
Old 10-05-2020, 11:20 AM   #51
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
One thing I’ll say, Gibson and Terry are growing in the offense. Gibson looks legit.

Also, I’m officially good with not paying Schreff. The guy we have starting is playing just as well. Moses too has returned to form as a solid RT. Our oline is growing and have been better, still like to see Charles challenge at LT and think Wes Martin is the weaklink
There is no way you give Schreff top guard money. He simply isn't worth it. He isn't a complete enough player. Great on the screens and pulling, garbage af in pass blocking.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:26 AM   #52
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Grades from yesterday

Gibson = 83.8
Terry = 80.7
Dwayne = 76.3
Moses = 73 (Our best Lineman)

Fuller = 86.5
Davis Sr. = 73.1

Pass rush grade is shit
He played ? Didn't notice him.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #53
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Yeah I definitely think Schweitzer has been playing quite well. Never saw him getting embarrassed and he's making some nice second level blocks.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #54
SunnySide
Playmaker

RR said in his presser that all the screes and slip screens are predicated on the D personnel showing pass rush. Said 50% or so of the screens went for 5 yds or more yesterday.

On Haskins 18 yard sack loss, he said Haskins has to check down or throw it away.

90% of the questions were repeative in nature about his cancer treatment. No one asked about Haskins throwing it 10 yards short of the goal line on 4th and goal.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #55
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

Agreed with all of your points. We would be likely to receive a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick if we let Scherff walk away so that is a bonus if we decide to do that.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:30 PM   #56
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
RR said in his presser that all the screes and slip screens are predicated on the D personnel showing pass rush. Said 50% or so of the screens went for 5 yds or more yesterday.

On Haskins 18 yard sack loss, he said Haskins has to check down or throw it away.

90% of the questions were repeative in nature about his cancer treatment. No one asked about Haskins throwing it 10 yards short of the goal line on 4th and goal.
He was asked that by London Fletcher (maybe not in the presser), his answer (21:50 of Sheehan's Pod's Hour 2):

"Honestly my mindset at this point was situational awareness, I wanted to see what he was gonna do, and how he was gonna react. I truly did. Scott asked me and I said "no let see how he handles it" and Scotty told him "hey you gotta put this ball into the endzone or in position to go into the endzone" ... said it was part of the "maturation process".

As Sheehan said, this make NO sense, zero : You're going to test his situational awareness in game rather than at practice... and you're going to give him the answer before the test ?

I'm starting to get the feeling Rivera is putting Haskins on the spot. He's making him look bad so at some point he can go to the owner and say "look, I know you want him to play, but look how bad he is, I can't do it with him"...
Old 10-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #57
GridIron26
Playmaker

Per Rivera, Collins sometimes don't follow his assigned responsibilities because he was trying to make some plays.. At this point, Collins is boom or bust, which is not something I want on our defense. Release Collins after this season!
Old 10-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
He was asked that by London Fletcher (maybe not in the presser), his answer (21:50 of Sheehan's Pod's Hour 2):

"Honestly my mindset at this point was situational awareness, I wanted to see what he was gonna do, and how he was gonna react. I truly did. Scott asked me and I said "no let see how he handles it" and Scotty told him "hey you gotta put this ball into the endzone or in position to go into the endzone" ... said it was part of the "maturation process".

As Sheehan said, this make NO sense, zero : You're going to test his situational awareness in game rather than at practice... and you're going to give him the answer before the test ?

I'm starting to get the feeling Rivera is putting Haskins on the spot. He's making him look bad so at some point he can go to the owner and say "look, I know you want him to play, but look how bad he is, I can't do it with him"...
Sure doesn't sound like he's coaching to win the game. I loved the hire but I'm finding myself more and more wondering what the F Rivera is doing. What he says to the media doesn't match up with what we're seeing on the field.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #59
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Sure doesn't sound like he's coaching to win the game. I loved the hire but I'm finding myself more and more wondering what the F Rivera is doing. What he says to the media doesn't match up with what we're seeing on the field.
Same here. Still willing to believe in the culture change and all but...

And I disagree. In a way some of what we see and some of what we hear does match: it both doesn't make sense.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:49 PM   #60
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I wonder how much his cancer treatment is in play here. He looked worn out on the field yesterday. My buddy battled through cancer last year and he said the treatments made him feel like he had the worst hang over in the world; he sit in a dark room all day trying to recover. RR has got be feeling pretty bad these days I can’t imagine trying to endure a nfl head coach position under what his body is going through.