Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins trade for Josh Rosen?
Yes 35 64.81%
No 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #211
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Am i crazy for wanting to roll with Keenum, Colt, and a late round rookie (or even Josh Johnson) and then going after Tua, Herbert, or Fromm next year? I like all of those guys better than any rookie this year (or Rosen).

I'd even be a fan of trading our 2nd this year for a 1st next year to give us extra ammo in next years draft to move up to get one of those guys. A 2nd is likely not going to be an immediate difference-maker in terms of wins-losses this year, so why not?

I understand Bruce should be on thin ice and that this should be a "win or get fired" year for him, but I think his position is actually safe. Snyder like him for some crazy reason. A true Franchise QB is the only thing that can ever turn this team around, and it would be very prudent of Bruce to position himself to get one next year).

I genuinely don't see any of this years rookies (excluding Murray) giving us a better chance to win in 2019 than Keenum or McCoy. Additionally, the draft capital it would take to move up to get Haskins (for example), this year will be much more costly (this years first, this years 2nd, next years first and something else at minimum) than positioning ourselves to get a MUCH better QB next year (possibly just this years second for a first next year), so why not do that?
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-21-2019, 12:34 PM   #212
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Am i crazy for wanting to roll with Keenum, Colt, and a late round rookie (or even Josh Johnson) and then going after Tua, Herbert, or Fromm next year? I like all of those guys better than any rookie this year (or Rosen).

I'd even be a fan of trading our 2nd this year for a 1st next year to give us extra ammo in next years draft to move up to get one of those guys. A 2nd is likely not going to be an immediate difference-maker in terms of wins-losses this year, so why not?

I understand Bruce should be on thin ice and that this should be a "win or get fired" year for him, but I think his position is actually safe. Snyder like him for some crazy reason. A true Franchise QB is the only thing that can ever turn this team around, and it would be very prudent of Bruce to position himself to get one next year).

I genuinely don't see any of this years rookies (excluding Murray) giving us a better chance to win in 2019 than Keenum or McCoy. Additionally, the draft capital it would take to move up to get Haskins (for example), this year will be much more costly (this years first, this years 2nd, next years first and something else at minimum) than positioning ourselves to get a MUCH better QB next year (possibly just this years second for a first next year), so why not do that?
No u are not crazy, it's a good option to have in Case. I'd love Tua but I believe he's going to be a top 5 pick. We would have to finish 3-13 and I think Case is better than that
Old 03-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #213
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

If this would happen, I'm out
I'd vomit out of my asshole if this happened.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #214
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Take Lock or Haskins at 15, trade anything lower than a 1st for Rosen, or spend any round 2 pick or later on the remaining QB prospects. These are all reasonable. Giving the farm for a team with more holes than swiss cheese is an atrocious idea.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #215
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
No u are not crazy, it's a good option to have in Case. I'd love Tua but I believe he's going to be a top 5 pick. We would have to finish 3-13 and I think Case is better than that
True, but if we had TWO firsts next year (the one we earn based on our standings this year and a second 2020 first we get from trading our 2019 second), that would give us ammo to move up into the top 5.

The pick we acquire from the other team could be anywhere, but we consistently seem to have picks between 11-20. Depending on where those two picks ended up, we might need to sweeten the pot, but probably not by much.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #216
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd vomit out of my asshole if this happened.
And I'd shit out of my mouth.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #217
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
And I'd shit out of my mouth.

Defecating out of one's mouth is known colloquially as "pulling a Bruce Allen."
Old 03-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #218
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Defecating out of one's mouth is known colloquially as "pulling a Bruce Allen."
Then it'll be totally appropriate if this trade happens.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #219
calia
Playmaker

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Redskins Have 'Openly' Discussed QB If Made Available

Quote:

Agreed. But it can’t be real.

I’d prefer Grier in round 2 and the BPA in round 1 - especially if that guy is edge, WR, or LB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #220
MTK
\m/

I'm not against moving up a few spots, but going up to 3 is too costly.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #221
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'm not against moving up a few spots, but going up to 3 is too costly.
Don't worry, I am sure the Redskin front office learned from it's past mistakes.
Please detect sarcasm.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #222
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

I'll take that and trade you Haskins!!!!!!!!! In a NEW YORK Min!
Old 03-24-2019, 12:44 AM   #223
los panda
Pro Bowl

Haskins at 15 would be radical.

Rosen for a 2nd rd pick or less, tubular.

Keenum playing more like he did in 2017, cowabunga!

McCoy throwing 80 yard touchdowns to himself? PIZZA!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #224
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

According to Joel Klatt of Fox Sports, three teams are "very interested" in acquiring Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

Those three teams are the Chargers, Giants and Patriots. It makes sense as Philip Rivers, Tom Brady and Eli Manning are all nearing the finish line and Rosen would be an ideal successor for any of the three. Per Klatt, one team has already offered Arizona a second-round pick for Rosen, though the Cardinals are apparently holding out for a first-rounder. With newly-minted coach Kliff Kingsbury making no effort to hide his infatuation with reigning Heisman-winner Kyler Murray, the Cardinals may not have much leverage in trade discussions. Rosen labored through a difficult rookie season in 2018, though coaching turnover and a weak supporting cast were at least partially to blame for his struggles. The 22-year-old should benefit from a change of scenery.

I bet our 2nd round pick would get it done

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:49 AM   #225
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
According to Joel Klatt of Fox Sports, three teams are "very interested" in acquiring Josh Rosen from the Cardinals.

Those three teams are the Chargers, Giants and Patriots. It makes sense as Philip Rivers, Tom Brady and Eli Manning are all nearing the finish line and Rosen would be an ideal successor for any of the three. Per Klatt, one team has already offered Arizona a second-round pick for Rosen, though the Cardinals are apparently holding out for a first-rounder. With newly-minted coach Kliff Kingsbury making no effort to hide his infatuation with reigning Heisman-winner Kyler Murray, the Cardinals may not have much leverage in trade discussions. Rosen labored through a difficult rookie season in 2018, though coaching turnover and a weak supporting cast were at least partially to blame for his struggles. The 22-year-old should benefit from a change of scenery.

I bet our 2nd round pick would get it done
If they want our #1 I'm passing on Rosen. I'd do it for our 2 but at 15 we need a Edge rusher or WR Bad