Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kirk Cousins Expected To Start Sunday

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the decision to shut down RG3 for the rest of the season?
Yes 56 47.46%
No 39 33.05%
Not sure 23 19.49%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #646
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I wonder if SD fans would still like Brees? Yeah I don't want to make that same mistake, rivers is solid but he's no brees

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #647
MTK
\m/

Pretty reasonable view here

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rt-griffin-iii
Old 12-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #648
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Did u just post this on FB?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #649
MTK
\m/

Re: Kirk Cousins Expected To Start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Did u just post this on FB?
I did
Old 12-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #650
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I did
Lol jms
Old 12-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #651
Gary84Clark

I watched the game and Cousins was not that impressive. Some games Rex will fool you and have you thinking he is a franchise QB. Cousins is not Drew Breeze he reiminds me of Rex. Shannahan had his chance with a QB like Cousins, remember Beck? It simply did not work and that is why they brought in RG3. Shanny/ Kubiak's typical QB is only mediocre. Shanny/ Kubiak's system is toast. The same time Houston and the Redskins collapse. It is related to the fact teams are shooting the gaps in play action.

Last edited by Gary84Clark; 12-19-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #652
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
I watched the game and Cousins was not that impressive. Some games Rex will fool you and have you thinking he is a franchise QB. Cousins is not Drew Breeze he reiminds me of Rex. Shannahan had his chance with a QB like Cousins, remember Beck? It simply did not work and that is why they brought in RG3. Shanny/ Kubiak's typical QB is only mediocre. Shanny/ Kubiak's system is toast. The same time Houston and the Redskins collapse. It is related to the fact teams are shooting the gaps in play action.
I wouldn't go as far as to call Cousins a Beck clone but the Rex comparison is more accurate. He's good enough for you to have a chance in most games but is just a pass away from a killer turnover that will frustrate the hell out of you. I just hope some GM doesn't realize that until after they've traded a 2nd round pick to us.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #653
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to call Cousins a Beck clone but the Rex comparison is more accurate. He's good enough for you to have a chance in most games but is just a pass away from a killer turnover that will frustrate the hell out of you. I just hope some GM doesn't realize that until after they've traded a 2nd round pick to us.
Rex has proven over the course of years that he is not only a poor passer, but a poor decision maker. Cousins has played less than three whole games in his NFL career, and obviously has the potential to be a very good qb. Some of the throws he has made are just incredibly on the money. His mistakes I attribute to his inexperience, not his inability.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #654
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
How can you compare Cousins to Beck? I dont think Beck ever attempted a pass over ten yards? Cousins has already shown his talent is miles above anything Beck ever had to offer. Other than skin color, and praise from Shanahan their is nothing even remotely comparable between those two guys.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #655
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
And it's only rubbing salt in the wound for Ravens and Giants fans to note that, at least statistically, Griffin's 2013 season rates out better than all but two of Joe Flacco's six seasons, and that it took Eli Manning until his fifth season to have a better passer rating than the one Griffin managed this year — a year pretty much everyone declared "awful."
But this is Washington, where a down year means you are a bust. Hell, even if the preceding year was "All World" by rookie standards, it's forgotten less than a year later, in spite of the fact that you suffered a devastating knee injury.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #656
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
How can you compare Cousins to Beck? I dont think Beck ever attempted a pass over ten yards? Cousins has already shown his talent is miles above anything Beck ever had to offer. Other than skin color, and praise from Shanahan their is nothing even remotely comparable between those two guys.

Comparing him to Beck on the fact that Shannhan is wrong in his analysis of the prospect. He is like Beck in that Sahnnahan thinks he is more than what he actually is. Its'a situation similar to the John Beck BS. I watched the game in anticipation and reaction was Beck-like.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #657
Gary84Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Rex has proven over the course of years that he is not only a poor passer, but a poor decision maker. Cousins has played less than three whole games in his NFL career, and obviously has the potential to be a very good qb. Some of the throws he has made are just incredibly on the money. His mistakes I attribute to his inexperience, not his inability.
Rex looks great most of the time. It's that small window of ooops plays that kill Rex. Rex stats are mostly always 400 yards but it includes atleast 2 picks. Even people were fooled thought Rex could be th4 QB in a Shanny system. Rex became the go to excuse. Rex will look good 2 games then the 3rd game throw 4 INTs. Cousins looks average like Schaub or Dalton or Matty Ice. Nothing special.